new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindi cat lover

Oct 11, 2015
I smoked cigarettes for 42 years and had almost given up quitting. I started vaping with an e cigarette from v2. They were unreliable and didn't give me the vapor I desired. A friend told me about evod. I ordered a set and 7 weeks ago I gave up smoking altogether. I did smoke one or two at the beginning, but realized that the menthol cigarette did not do anything for me and it tasted just like my candy cane twister e juice. So I bought some more mint e juice and haven't touched a cigarette since. My husband who gave up smoking 12 years ago thinks that I should give up vaping too. But I really enjoy it and it takes care of the hand to mouth problem without eating myself to death. I have saved alot of money and feel alot better. I don't think I could have stopped smoking without vaping. I stopped smoking with chantix a few years ago for 3 months and I couldn't stand not doing something when there were other smokers around. Thats my story. Thanks for being there.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Welcome and congrats on your journey.
My wife believes the same, I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of vaping and I have NO intention of stopping.
I am weaning down the nicotine level in my juice, however. (started at 12 am now at 3).
But as far as stopping vaping, no, I have no intention of it. There are WAY too many flavors out there to enjoy.
I told my wife that she really needs to support me in this venture as having no support would only give cause to return to cigarettes. So, it begs the question, does your husband want to put up with vapor which dissipates in 11 seconds, or a dead wife from cigarettes?
Whatever you do, don't give in. He's your husband and he should support you and your decisions. Especially in a decision that is helping you improve your health!
That's my two cents :2c:
Vape on!

Reactions: juskiddin

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Welcome and congrats on giving up the stink tubes.

I smoked cigs for over years and vaping helped me kick the nasty habit almost 3 months ago. My partner has never smoked cigs so is not able to understand how difficult it is to quit. Even though I haven't had a cig in almost 3 months it still bothers her that I'm vaping.

You know? - sometimes you just have to stick to your guns. I'm now coughing up some wretched "stuff" because my lungs/body is healing itself. ..I get the stink-eye regularly b/c of this but I know I'm doing the right thing. Myself and my grape soda juice are having a nice party for one on our patio as I write. I'm ignoring the stink-eye :) It's my party and I'll vape if I want to :)

Hang in there...stand your ground. You've made the choice to quit smoking (give yourself a pat on the back). Now your husband has a choice to support you on your way to a cig-less life.

Cheers!

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Welcome and congrats on giving up the stink tubes.

I smoked cigs for over years and vaping helped me kick the nasty habit almost 3 months ago. My partner has never smoked cigs so is not able to understand how difficult it is to quit. Even though I haven't had a cig in almost 3 months it still bothers her that I'm vaping.

You know? - sometimes you just have to stick to your guns. I'm now coughing up some wretched "stuff" because my lungs/body is healing itself. ..I get the stink-eye regularly b/c of this but I know I'm doing the right thing. Myself and my grape soda juice are having a nice party for one on our patio as I write. I'm ignoring the stink-eye :) It's my party and I'll vape if I want to :)

Hang in there...stand your ground. You've made the choice to quit smoking (give yourself a pat on the back). Now your husband has a choice to support you on your way to a cig-less life.

Cheers!
...that should've read "I smoked cigs for over 40 years" :/

5Rivers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Iowa
Hi Cindi, congrats on quitting! I quit via vaping, and my hubby quit cold turkey. Each of us has to find our own way, and the most important part is that we aren't smoking cigarettes. For me, vaping is what worked. I've tried other ways in the past, as I see you have as well. My husband is just happy that I'm not smoking and supports the vaping. Hopefully soon your husband will too!

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
@juskiddin the coughing up nasty will pass. Even though it is completely disgusting, it gives you a good feeling to know how much good your doing for yourself.
@cindi cat lover welcome to the forums and congrats. Home to hear more good things in the future!
Thanks @josh w , I appreciate your words. I've read other comments about this, I think I was just a wee bit surprised it's taken over 2 months to happen. Every body is different I s'pose.
Cheers

cindi cat lover

Oct 11, 2015
Hi Cindi, congrats on quitting! I quit via vaping, and my hubby quit cold turkey. Each of us has to find our own way, and the most important part is that we aren't smoking cigarettes. For me, vaping is what worked. I've tried other ways in the past, as I see you have as well. My husband is just happy that I'm not smoking and supports the vaping. Hopefully soon your husband will too!

cindi cat lover

Oct 11, 2015
Welcome and congrats on your journey.
My wife believes the same, I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of vaping and I have NO intention of stopping.
I am weaning down the nicotine level in my juice, however. (started at 12 am now at 3).
But as far as stopping vaping, no, I have no intention of it. There are WAY too many flavors out there to enjoy.
I told my wife that she really needs to support me in this venture as having no support would only give cause to return to cigarettes. So, it begs the question, does your husband want to put up with vapor which dissipates in 11 seconds, or a dead wife from cigarettes?
Whatever you do, don't give in. He's your husband and he should support you and your decisions. Especially in a decision that is helping you improve your health!
That's my two cents :2c:
Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread