Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @kingpappypap. Glad to have you here!:)
don't know what flavors to try
Visit your local vape shop. Most will have flavor bars where you can sample the flavors they sell.
just bought the new joyetech cuboid mini how do I get starts out
  1. Read your manual.
  2. Go out to youtube and watch a couple of reviews on your mod & tank. Reviewers step you through how to use many of the functions of the mod.
  3. Pay attention to the coils you are using. Kanthal coils can only be used in power/wattage mode. Nickel & Titanium coils can only be used in temperature control mode. Stainless steel coils can be used in either mode.
  4. If you still have questions please come back and we can try and answer them.
Priming a New Coil

All cotton coils have to be primed well with juice. If they are not primed well the cotton will burn. Once the cotton is burned the burned taste doesn't go away.

To prime the coil, drop 5-8 drops of juice right inside the coil (sometimes less/more depending on the size of the coil head), another drop of juice in all the holes on the side of the coil. I watch the cotton absorb the e-liquid and when it can't hold any more, I put the coil in the base.
  • If Bottom Filling - Fill the tank and then screw the base back onto the tank.
  • If Top Filling (some tanks are top filled) - Screw the tank on the base and then top fill it.
Once you put the tank on the battery give it several unpowered primer puffs. This will make sure the wick is fully saturated.

Rule of Thumb

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same (when running in power or wattage/voltage mode). Turn your voltage/wattage down, take a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi I just switched from cigarettes to vapor and ain't smoked cigs in a week but don't know what flavors to try and just bought the new joyetech cuboid mini how do I get starts out
Congratuations on quitting!! :thumbs:

Finding flavors is probably both the most difficult and most fun task in vaping. You already have a good setup gear-wise, so concentrate on finding a few flavors that you really enjoy.

Using a single flavor (an "all day vape") sounds boring to me. I typically change flavors at least a couple of times a day. Using just a single flavor could lead to the dreaded "vaper's tongue", where you can't taste flavors any longer (a temporary situation).

There are lots of categories of flavors to choose from. There are "tobacco" flavors, however very few actually will taste like a cigarette. Besides, once you've quit for a period of time and your taste buds heal from years of smoking, something that tastes like tobacco will probably be repulsive.

There are fruit, candy, beverage, desert, coffee, and some others that don't immediately come to mind. You will have to try a variety to find out which ones best suite your palate.

The same flavor may taste somewhat differently depending upon the juice attachment that you are using. A particular flavor may taste different in a clearomizer tank or a rebuildable tank/dripper.

Your flavor palate may change over the course of time. My palate has changed over the last few years of vaping. I started out with a menthol flavor, then used fruit and coffee flavors. Currently, I'm enjoying custard flavors which I didn't care for when I first began vaping.

It may be worth your while to find a vape shop within driving distance to sample flavors for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Susan~S

mellynn425

May 27, 2016
I'm going to agree with going to a vape shop to try some flavors! I had my mother's e-fluids to try out at first and find a direction, but after trying some at the local shop, I found preferences over types of flavor. You have tobaccos, fruits and bakery, hot spice and cool icy flavors, even mimics of favorite foods and drinks. You'll really have to try a few before you find your favorites. Personally, I love some strawberry donut and peach cobbler. Custards with a hint of bakery spice are awesome too. I know I have one flavor I love to use all day, and another that's better some times of day than others. My mom has some she likes in every situation better, some for on the road, some for dinner and breakfast, you'll find a way that suits you!

Test some out and read some reviews when you start purchasing online. It really does help!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Most vape shops sell "national" brands. These are ones that are available on-line at cheaper prices. When I traveled alone on business, I would work a vape shop visit into my schedule. I would always buy a bottle or three, but, I would try the national brands. If I liked any, I would buy more on-line when I got home.

All-in-all, success was about 10%.

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
I started on tobacco flavours because I thought it would be the most relevant to smoking. After a few I found out they don't taste much like smoking at all and can be a little harsh. What I really started enjoying was a concentrate from Flavour West called 'Jungle Juice'. Its like a tropical fruit drink but with a really cool to the throat exhale. So fruit flavours are good to check out imo.

Also be aware, I drink coffee a lot and this fruit flavour doesn't work well with strong coffee, its basically the same as switching between two completely different drinks. If you drink coffee all day you want something that will compliment both, maybe some chocolate or Rocky Road.

Jungle Juice and (real) coffee does not mix at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread