New to World of Vaping but want to be an DIY expert! Need some advices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Binh

May 25, 2016
Hanoi city, Vietnam
Hi guys. I'm Dylan. Just signed up to this forum after 1 week using Vape (in order to get rid of smoking).
I'm not very good at English but will try to keep you guys understanding what I said, so please be patient and nicely.
Thank you thank you *bowl* and "shake hand*!!!

So here my weapons:
- 1 Wismec RX 200 (updated to v3.1 - can handle 250w or something like that)
- 3 high drain batteries MXJO IMR 18650 - 3000mah - 35A
- 1 Griffin RTA
- 26ga Kathan A1 + Organic Cotton
- Parallel dual coil build, 0.5ohm
- Some juice with 6mg of nic (I'm heavy smoker, 1 pack or more of Red Malboro/day, the highest was around 2 packs, want to buy 12mg nic juice but seller here didn't have, so whatever).
Z8tvq6E.jpg

tN23GIL.jpg

7K48axG.jpg

I have some questions from newbie want to become a DIY Vaper. I will mark them down by number and please spend me sometimes and share to me your knowledge. Thank you very much.

1) ABOUT FEELING:
With my weapons as picture showed and detailed above, what I can truly get from each puff: FLAVOR OR CLOUD, which better, or its equal (plz put it with regular juice).

2) ABOUT EACH PART OF MY SET:

2a) Coil/Tank: Whats kind of coil should I use to have best time in Vaping with RX200 and Griffin RTA tank?
Material: Kathal? Ni? Ti? or even SS (my seller here they do have SS).
Size: 26,28,30,32?
Coil build: Parallel, Clapton, Zipper,...

(I tried Zipper build with Khathal A1 26ga, hand wrapped without drill, done it with very nice look, about 4 wraps of dual string (zipper) for each side (I used dual coil) (6 wraps if you include the last wrap stick inside the atty).

The result is 0,1ohm, and to make the coils burned red enough to check, I need to put it at 30W in 7-8 secs with the V around 1,7x. I dont want to go more higher because the A with this setup already nearly reach to ~20A - as I read in some forums they said you shouldn't put your A above 20A even the battery said it can use under 35A (it is highest pulse, not stable pulse, they said that))

And with this Zipper build and 0.1 ohm, I cant get flavour and even cloud, my box kind of hot, battery die too quick, and many other things, haizzzz... (I just love the look of this build so much, but cant help to take it out).

2b) Batteries and Safe Range for Vaping between Voltage (V) - Resistance (R)- Watttage (W) - Ampere (A)
With 3 batteries MXJO 18650 35A 3,7V.
Whats is the maximum Voltage I can get with my RX 200?
What's range is safe for vaping and keep long lifespan for batteries and my box?
You can give me some fixed range, or even formula and I will calculate it myself.

2c) Rx 200 Box mod setup.
When I click 3 times the Fire button, Rx 200 bring me to the setup. I can choose between 7 modes here:
- Temperature M1/M2/M3/SS/Ni/Ti (thing I don't understand)
- Wattage (what I'm using now)
So can you guys give me answers for each mode. Best using situations and the result in feeling of each mode vaping.
Appreciate if you guys can share me your feeling and experience.

It will be very nice of you to share.
Thank you one more time for all of you guys who read until now.
*bow* and *high-five*

P/S: Next time I will have few more questions about DIY Juice Mixing.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Dylan Binh. Glad to have you here!:)

About Batteries

There are only a few battery manufacturers in the world who make their own "cells", including LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic & Sanyo.

All the other brands on the market buy the second and third tier cells from those manufacturers and re-wrap them under their own brand. These are "second and/or third tier cells" which did not meet the higher standards of the original manufacturer. In order to compete with the original manufacturers' batteries (first tier), these other companies feel obligated to publish specifications which are inflated to make them appear superior to those of the original manufacturer.

Battery Specs
  • The "mAh" spec. on a battery is basically how much energy it can store, how long it will last before needing a recharge.
  • The CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating) tells you how hard you can work the battery (how fast you can pull/dump the power out of it without it losing it's wee little battery mind and goin' all thermal n' stuff).
  • Amps is current (rate of flow/juice dump rate). The CDR would be stated in Amps. You'll see ratings like "20A battery". The more Amps you're pulling, the "faster" the current, the harder you're working the battery.
2b) Batteries and Safe Range for Vaping between Voltage (V) - Resistance (R)- Watttage (W) - Ampere (A)
Whats is the maximum Voltage I can get with my RX 200?
What's range is safe for vaping and keep long lifespan for batteries and my box?
You can give me some fixed range, or even formula and I will calculate it myself.
When using a regulated mod the it's the max wattage you vape at that counts as far as safety.
Here are the bench test results on your MOJO batteries (yellow/silver) depending if they are 3-leg or 4-leg top cap.
@Mooch is is the battery expert here on ECF. You can check his battery blog posts for bench tests and other battery related blog posts.

image-jpeg.555235

Last edited:

Jminton1985

Verified Member
May 11, 2016
Jacksonville Fl
1) ABOUT FEELING:

"Regular juice?" If you want more clouds, you should purchase higher VG juice. IF you want more flavor, I would suggest more PG. A good start would be 60/40 VG/PG.

2a) I would recommend 24g or 26g SS as it is the most versatile and can be forgiving to build with as it is less springy than some other types of wire.

Coil build: Parallel, Clapton, Zipper,...

If you are new to building, I would recommend sticking with simple round wire parallel builds. Once you get those down, then move on to twisted wire, then claptons, ect...

And with this Zipper build and 0.1 ohm, I cant get flavour and even cloud, my box kind of hot, battery die too quick, and many other things, haizzzz... (I just love the look of this build so much, but cant help to take it out).

Your building beyond the limits of your device here....

Whats is the maximum Voltage I can get with my RX 200? I think the RX200 voltage maxes out at 9A
What's range is safe for vaping and keep long lifespan for batteries and my box? I wouldn't build below .2
You can give me some fixed range, or even formula and I will calculate it myself. I really enjoy .2 ohm dual coils at 70ish watts, which equates to about 4.2 volts.

When I click 3 times the Fire button, Rx 200 bring me to the setup. I can choose between 7 modes here:
- Temperature M1/M2/M3/SS/Ni/Ti (thing I don't understand)
- Wattage (what I'm using now)
So can you guys give me answers for each mode. Best using situations and the result in feeling of each mode vaping.

Wattage = Set wattage (no temp control)
TI = Titanium wire (temp control mode)
SS = Stainless Steel wire (also temp control mode)
NI = Nickle wire (again temp control mode)
M1,M2,M3 = predefined memory profiles for specific settings set by the user (this is also set via TCR settings)

Vaping on SS coils with temp control:
1. If you are vaping SS, click 3x to go to SS mode.
2. then click 4 times to change the wattage in SS mode.
3. Set your desired wattage.
4. Click the fire button.
5. adjust your temp with the up and down buttons.
6. LOCK IN YOUR COIL'S RESISTANCE by pressing fire and up button.
7. Enjoy!

These settings are the same for the other modes (not M1,M2,M3)

Dylan Binh

May 25, 2016
Hanoi city, Vietnam
1) ABOUT FEELING:

"Regular juice?" If you want more clouds, you should purchase higher VG juice. IF you want more flavor, I would suggest more PG. A good start would be 60/40 VG/PG.

2a) I would recommend 24g or 26g SS as it is the most versatile and can be forgiving to build with as it is less springy than some other types of wire.

If you are new to building, I would recommend sticking with simple round wire parallel builds. Once you get those down, then move on to twisted wire, then claptons, ect...

Your building beyond the limits of your device here....

2b)
I think the RX200 voltage maxes out at 9A
I wouldn't build below .2
I really enjoy .2 ohm dual coils at 70ish watts, which equates to about 4.2 volts.

Vaping on SS coils with temp control:
1. If you are vaping SS, click 3x to go to SS mode.
2. then click 4 times to change the wattage in SS mode.
3. Set your desired wattage.
4. Click the fire button.
5. adjust your temp with the up and down buttons.
6. LOCK IN YOUR COIL'S RESISTANCE by pressing fire and up button.
7. Enjoy!

These settings are the same for the other modes (not M1,M2,M3)

Sure big help, bro. And sure detailed for me. Thank you to support and share me your knowledge.
Will try the SS wire, and let see what kind of vaping I can make.
My respect for you.
Thumb up! *high-five*

Dylan Binh

May 25, 2016
Hanoi city, Vietnam
Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread