New tp vaping but what about the cheap mods for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
The VAMO is pretty good choice overall man. VV, VW, reasonably solid construction etc etc. PBusardo gave it good reviews and there are plenty of others who like the hell out of it and use it on a daily basis.

Probably anything you got aside from a Darwin or Provari or something really top end would be more of a side-grade than an upgrade. The VAMO has all (or more) of the same features as other mods that have VV such as the Lavatubes or the Tesla or things like that.

Unless you might look into the rebuildable atomizers and mechanical mods. Not entirely sure if that's an upgrade depending on what you're after. The changes for a mechanical mod include (often) more solid construction, a simpler design, loss of the vv/vw aspect but the gaining of the ability to use really low resistance atomizers. Some folks like that kind of vape better, I read.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
What exactly are you wanting to know?

The vamo and lavatube are awesome choices right now when considering features-to-price ratio. Can't beat a 'smart' VV(+ VW with the vamo) 18650 mod for under $50-60.

There are a LOT of other mods out there so if you're curious about trying something else hit up the classifieds. Boxmods, tube mods, bottom-feed mods, top-feed mods, VV mods, all sorts of stuff to choose from.

I would agree with HK-47 for the most part. I think that in the long run the EVic looks interesting from the fact you can get the device now, and keep upgrading it for as long as they keep coming out with new firmware. The new firmware in thoery makes your device relevant longer.

Like the fact that they have taking the feed back from the reviewers out there and incorporating changes and coming up with new firmware versions. Secondly, watching VP Live there are people out there already looking to hack the firmware to make it more customized for features that you might like.

I was looking at the eVic, just want to see if Joy is going to keep up with releasing new versions of the firmware before I make the investment.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Vague questions followed by more vague questions often gets you...generalized answers and usually more questions. You could buy a myriad of devices for $200, it'd probably be best to be more specific about what you want so we can help you better... Atomizers for dripping? Price range? Nevermind, someone else w/ more patience will help you.

:closedeyes:

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
I can see none. I use a $25 AGA-T+ and a $16 DID clone, and they vape brilliantly. Yesterday there was a guy on here who got a $150 Phoenix and cant get it to work.

They are RBAs, they work the way you set them up.

That said, i have heard of new RBAs with innovative designs on them. But i cant imagine anything for the price that i would want to replace my AGA with.

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
yeah man i get where you are coming from... acquiring stuff is part of the hobby....since you already have a VAMO ( I love mine)...try a AGA-T rebuildable ...its easy to master and alot of fun...it works well on the Vamo and looks like it was made for it...it will keep you entertained for a bit.

the Vamo is pretty much top dog in the "Value" market, it was what i learned to build coils on because its really easy to check ohms on. also real easy to set wattage with...the only competition the Vamo has is the Zmax or the evic...but both of them are more money and less user friendly

So...unless you want to pony up a couple hundred for a "Provari" ( overrated in my opinion ) or a nice Mechanical Mod you are pretty much already there...so get a good re-buildable..and explore the world of wick and coil..

before all you provari fanboy's get all butthurt this is just my opinion and yes I have spent time with a provari and chose not to buy one because I have a Vamo and did not see that much of a difference so I got a Zenisis ss Standard instead. to me way better than a provari.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread