New tp vaping but what about the cheap mods for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
Where did you get them? How harde is it to rebuild and how often do they need to be done?

Discountvapers.com...has a sweet deal on the AGA-T right now ...they will send you an extra glass tank...
AGA Tiamat PLUS - Rebuildable Atomizer

watch a few video's on youtube and jump in ...I made my first coil in about 4 minutes...perfect center to edge glow ...5/4 wrap with 2.0 ohms...its easy bro...i think people want new guys to believe "its so hard" to make themselves feel elite...it really is no big deal once you learn what you are doing.

a good coil should last you a month or so...I have one in my agat thats 3 weeks old...i just cleaned the tank and ran it under hot water and dry burned it ...did a slight adjustment with the 2nd loop and boom solid glow...the trick is when you first put volts to the new coil....turn you vamo down to 3 volts and pulse it like 1 -2 seconds until you see the glow start...then gradually increase the pulse time till you get the glow starting and then adjust your coils while they are red...the pulsing tempers the coil and makes the wire stronger....then you bump up the volts and do the same thing..simple adjustments in the coil spacing will make it fire right...i use a paper clip to adjust the red coils...i adjust them when they are glowing because they bend easier and stay adjusted when they cool

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you have already been successful with a cartotank, the next step up the vaping ladder would be a rebuildable Genesis-style atomizer. I started with the AGA T2 as my RBA. Can be found in the $25-30 range and many believe they work as well as the $100+ models.

I got my first one from Discount Vapors. Link above, but only a few left in stock.

You can find one here at MVS, but if you want the glass tank it is more: AGA-T+ PLUS Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer

This one comes with the glass tank, but not many left in stock: New 2013 AGA-T+ Stainless Steel with Pyrex Glass

View this video that Zen did for Provape and his ZAP genesis-style rebuildable and determine if you can do it.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
The VAMO works as a resistance tester as well, and it has short protection, so its all you need.

AGA-T has lots of knurling on them, and just looks ugly. The T+/T2 has o-rings fit for the top cap, therefore has adjustable airhole which is a huge huge improvement, plus it looks much cleaner in all chrome and glass (the + uses pyrex glass, the 2 uses Polycarbonate). The S i have not heard much about and am content enough with my + that i dont care.

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
So what is replaced on them wick, coil? i guess i should youtube it. i love the vamo i got it is easy to use and works great with my carto tanks with single coil cartos, i dont really like dual coil cartos. do you need an electrical testers when rebuilding an AGA and what is the difference btwn AGA t - AGA T+ or AGA s

Watch Zens vid that Bad posted...good move Baditude....that explains it all right there

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Latest versions of the AGA is the AGA T. The addition of the pyrex tank makes it a T2. You will need some means of checking the ohm of the coil that you make. Any VV mod that can check the ohms of an attached atty will work. A VV mod is also useful to do the pulse firings shown in the video that I included above to do the final oxidation of the coil. Provari is useful in "seeing" shorts in the coil that you can't visibly see; it will give you an error code something's not right yet. Just fiddle with the coil like Zen does in his tutorial and soon the Provari is happy and your coil is ready for juice.

Replacement parts on an RBA are the stainless steel wick that you roll, and the stainless steel wire that you wrap a coil around the wick. Theoretically both could last you a month or more. Dry burning can be done to remove accumulated dried e-liquid.

I've only had my two AGA T2'a working perfectly for about a week or more. It took experimenting with two wicks and three coils to get to this point for me. Each time it gets easier as you develop a methodology and routine. It's definitely worth the initial frustration; best vape ever!

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
before all you provari fanboy's get all butthurt this is just my opinion and yes I have spent time with a provari and chose not to buy one because I have a Vamo and did not see that much of a difference
built quality my friend, build quality. to some of us the electronics and warranty speak volumes.

.i think people want new guys to believe "its so hard" to make themselves feel elite...it really is no big deal once you learn what you are doing.

no we dont want to be the leet vaperz, we want newer people to realize that a short can cause a problem and also if you dont feel comfortable with all the steps involved it might not be for you. some people are not mechanically inclined and it is better to warn them there is a lot of hands on and basic electrical knowledge needed to properly understand what it is you are trying to accomplish, and the chance to possibly destroy a mod or battery if the safety in the mod stops working is a very real (if minute) danger . while you feel its nothing to sneeze at, there are proper steps to be followed so you dont hurt yourself.
yes it is easy but just taking the attitude of "who cares about the details and directions" is not a proper or safe approach. all it takes is a bad safelty switch and a shorted coil to be 1 step away from a pipe bomb.

in the end it is easy and there is not much to fear, if you can follow some simple rules and guidelines you can have an aga running in no time.

I started with the AGA T2 as my RBA. Can be found in the $25-30 range and many believe they work as well as the $100+ models.
they all work the same, the difference again is build quality and construction, the performance is based more on setup then the actual device itself.

So what is replaced on them wick, coil?

usually you make a wick out of mesh, some people are now using a ceramic stick but mesh is stil the most popular and most available.
the coil is simple wire wrapped around the wick. the thickness of the wire + the nimber of wraps dictates the resistance you are trying to reach.
spend some time looking over the RBA forums and you will see many posts on wraps, gauges, wicking etc.

hats the difference other than price on the AGA and the zen?

how well they are machined and built, i wouldnt expect to have a working aga 1 year from now, and the ZEN machining is exceptional.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can't disagree with anything that Trasher said above. He speak the truth! :thumb:

To get you started a little faster, there are vendors that are selling pre-rolled, pre-oxidized steel mesh. For myself, rolling the SS mesh was the hardest part in all of this, and using the pre-rolled mesh wicks was the final piece of the puzzle for me. For others, it is wrapping the coil. YMMV.

Rebuildable atomizers

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
I can't disagree with anything that Trasher said above. He speak the truth! :thumb:

To get you started a little faster, there are vendors that are selling pre-rolled, pre-oxidized steel mesh. For myself, rolling the SS mesh was the hardest part in all of this, and using the pre-rolled mesh wicks was the final piece of the puzzle for me. For others, it is wrapping the coil. YMMV.

Rebuildable atomizers

Shame they dont have 500 mesh.

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
built quality my friend, build quality. to some of us the electronics and warranty speak volumes.

no we dont want to be the leet vaperz, we want newer people to realize that a short can cause a problem and also if you dont feel comfortable with all the steps involved it might not be for you. some people are not mechanically inclined and it is better to warn them there is a lot of hands on and basic electrical knowledge needed to properly understand what it is you are trying to accomplish, and the chance to possibly destroy a mod or battery if the safety in the mod stops working is a very real (if minute) danger . while you feel its nothing to sneeze at, there are proper steps to be followed so you dont hurt yourself.
yes it is easy but just taking the attitude of "who cares about the details and directions" is not a proper or safe approach. all it takes is a bad safelty switch and a shorted coil to be 1 step away from a pipe bomb.

in the end it is easy and there is not much to fear, if you can follow some simple rules and guidelines you can have an aga running in no time.

they all work the same, the difference again is build quality and construction, the performance is based more on setup then the actual device itself.

usually you make a wick out of mesh, some people are now using a ceramic stick but mesh is stil the most popular and most available.
the coil is simple wire wrapped around the wick. the thickness of the wire + the nimber of wraps dictates the resistance you are trying to reach.
spend some time looking over the RBA forums and you will see many posts on wraps, gauges, wicking etc.

how well they are machined and built, i wouldnt expect to have a working aga 1 year from now, and the ZEN machining is exceptional.

Very true there are ways to do it and things you should know...I would also encourage learning as much as you can about what you are doing...

stay in the safe zone with at least 4 wraps of 32 gauge kanthal...pretty simple advise

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Shame they dont have 500 mesh.

I would have prefered that also, but I got the 400 mesh. It's wicking great. No complaints.

Now that word is out these exist, look for them to be sold out soon. Limit of 5 per order.

I'm using 30g wire, several wraps gives me a 2.0 ohm coil, which I prefer for a smoother, cooler vape. I prefer using the AGA's on my Provari as I can still adjust the voltage to the flavor I am using. I use a long blunt tip needle and syringe to change flavors thru the juice fill hole. You can either leave the screw out of the juice fill hole or use it to adjust your wick flow.

The AGA will leak if left horizontal without the juice fill screw in place, not so much if left on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread