New, Updated, Comprehensive Intro to Vaping!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Spikey, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Spikey

Spikey Moved On

[VIDDLER]http://www.viddler.com/player/fc208b66/[/VIDDLER]

This new and more comprehensive version of Intro to Vaping is less than an hour long. It makes it much easier for newbies.

It is seperated into chapters by..

-Assembly of device and how it works technically

-Contents of starter kit

-Vaping Terminology and Vocabulary

-Cartridges
    ---prefilled
    ---how to fill with paperclip
    ---topping off
    ---how to fill with syringe
    ---re-using carts (washing stuffing, replacing stuffing,
    extracting nic from old stuffing)
    ---how long they REALLY last

-Atomizers
    ---cleaning cycle
    ---caution atomizer gets hot
    ---heating with primer puff
    ---how to clean (blow out, run hot water, boil, pepsi method)

-E-Liquid
    ---how to store it
    ---Don't touch it (nic is poison)
    ---dripping on atomizer (how to do it safely)
    ---NONE taste exactly like cigs!
    ---PG vs VG define difference
    ---strengths of liquid and how many cigs they equal

-Batteries
    ---# of blinks means???
    ---Precharge for 12 hours before first time use (4 hrs
    successive charges)
    ---Don't get liquid in battery (by dripping or blowing into atomizer)
    ---auto vs manual switch
    ---pneumatic vs electronic batteries
    ---hours they should last with average use vs heavy use
    ---USB passthrough vs USB Charger

-Possible causes of vapor drop off

-What to get on first purchase and what to have on hand

-Physical Symptoms of vaping

-Models of E-cig (supermini, 401, mini, pen, ecigar, epipe, 510)

-How to inhale (slow and steady)

If anyone wants a copy on DVD to give to others (rather than hafta explain to them)... just let me know. I am happy to send you one if you want to cover shipping costs.

Hope it is helpful.. if anyone wants to use it for their site or wants a DVD... just drop me a PM. Once you have it.. feel free to make copies of the DVD to give to those silly family members who can't use a computer (I could possibly put it on VHS if you have some older family members who can't use a DVD player lol!)

Please read this whole thread as I am sure people will add important suggestions I may have left our due to time restrictions.

2. Rob

Rob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Very nice, I watched the original yesterday, and this one is much cleaner and on track.

3. taukimada

taukimada Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i don't have time to watch the whole thing right now... but from the first few minutes it does indead look like a very clean vid with proper sound...

my only dissapointment was... where's the leather?? :evil::evil:

just kidding hun... seriously though.. it's nice seeing you put all that video equipment to good use helping the nubs learn the technicals of vaping...

you ROCK dearest!!! :)

4. CssReb

CssReb Super Member ECF Veteran

Very good video Spikey. I passed the link to a friend of mine who just got her e-cig and is constantly bugging me for info :p

What's in that ziploc bag in the Box? Is that fill for restuffing carts?

5. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Good job, as usual.:thumbs:

6. Spikey

Spikey Moved On

Thanks for the thumbs up guys :)

I left out the leather so as to not scare the newbies into thinking that only us "freaks" use PV's (e-cigs) lol!

I will maintain leather/fetishwear for all video reviews of products though. I ordered the Dura-C.. so after I get it and use it a bit.. that will be the next one I think.

The little ziplock baggie close to me is stuffing for carts.

The big one in the purple box is the carts lol :)

7. Ann

Ann Senior Member ECF Veteran

I want to see this so bad. I'm a new to this. I have dial up, so I'll have to wait maybe 3 hours for it to download...lol.
    I wish you could put this on a disk, I'd pay for it.

8. Kate

Kate Moved On

This is great Spikey, you got a sticky thread. I'm going to post all my best useful links for new members here.

Using a classic/penstyle cartridge
    YouTube - Ampul gebruik en plaatsen

Dripping
    YouTube - Druppelen zonder Ampul

Extracting eliquid from cartridges
    YouTube - Liquid uitpersen

Topping up
    YouTube - Classic Ampul bijvullen

Refilling a cartridge with a syringe
    YouTube - Classic Ampul volledig vullen

*********************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************************************************

***********************************************************************************************************************

Common Myths

***************************************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************************************

*****************************************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************

********************************************************************************

E-Cigarette Models

******************************************************************************************************

***********************************************************"]Research report about Ruyan eliquid[/URL]

Statement about personal vaporisers from the World Health Organisation

****************************************************************************************************************

*****************************************************************************************

Refilling disposable atomiser cartridges

***************************************************************************************************************

*******************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

What to expect from cartridges.

This is a general guide using information mainly from Cashmere, Ratindahat and Leaford on what to expect from a cartridge:

Super Minis (RN4081, RN4088, DSE103, etc...): About 1-3 cigs worth (20-30 puffs) They hold around 0.3ml of eliquid.

Mini (DSE901, etc...): 5-6 cigs worth (50-75 puffs depending on how you puff) They hold around 0.5ml of eliquid.

Penstyle/classic (DSE801, RN4072, etc...): 7-10 cigs worth (up to about 100 puffs) They hold around 1ml of eliquid.

eCigar: 10-12 cigs worth (up to about 120-130 puffs) They hold around 1.2ml of eliquid.

ePipe (DSE601, etc...) At least 14-15 cigs worth.

Disposable atomizers (LTv9 or clones): one pack (100-300 puffs)

*************************************************************************************************************

ECF Social Groups **********************************************

9. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Fantastic video, Spikey. It should be required watching for any journalist writing an article about e-cigs. I've watched about 2/3 of it and I've certainly learned a lot.

\ word of the day is "moist"

10. taukimada

oh mah fooking gawd

that is a long post full of enough links to never give me time to read here at ecf again there Kate

11. Kate

Kate Moved On

:oops: Sorry, I got carried away. I just want a one stop shop to refer newbies to with answers to common questions.

12. chokmah

chokmah Senior Member ECF Veteran

This is awesome thanks both of you for taking the time to make this easier on us newbies....

13. taukimada

not a complaint... i like the amount of info... just if i DID start at point A and tried to make it through to point B... i wouldn't have time for much else... LOL.. bad enuff i've already passed on the green brew tonight hehehe

14. perkiekat

perkiekat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks. All of th einfo will be VERY helpful when in doubt. I marked this thread in my favorites... :)

15. D_Struct

D_Struct Super Member ECF Veteran

Great job on the video.

I'm definitely bookmarking it to show anyone that wants to learn more about it.

16. Spikey

Spikey Moved On

Thanks everyone... esp Kate for adding the other important links! I knew I could count on you :) I figure... they watch the video and then start loking at links and then eventually click on one and that causes them to not find their way back to the page... at that point they are on their own lol :)

I think the video will be helpful for those computer illiterate people though.

Glad you guys liked it.

PS.. I added a link to a low res (lower quality) version which will be faster for Ann and other people with dial up. It is in the main post (I can still edit it.. yay!)

17. dc32

dc32 Full Member

Cool, the last video was very informative...can't wait to watch

BTW, does anyone have the link for the cart-stuffing video by a poster who's name I believe is Terraphon or Terragon or something along those lines?

Thanks

18. Spikey

Spikey Moved On

19. obi1toenobi

obi1toenobi Full Member

The Dura C certainly looks like a fine product, but getting one is sure proving difficult. From what I've seen there's only one primary distributor in the US and orders from them take anywhere from a week to over 3 weeks. Has anyone found anyplace besides jantyusa.com to order from?

20. Spikey

Spikey Moved On

I got one during the special promo by wwwesmoking101.com but they don't sell product... they were just doing a promotion for Janty. Don't know of anyone else who sells Janty prodyucts, but Janty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.