New, Updated, Comprehensive Intro to Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird

Apr 21, 2009
Burleson, Tx
Spikey, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to help out a virgin! My M401 (first shot at this) arrived today and I watched the video as my first battery is charging. I can't wait to try vaping out tomorrow and maybe change my life ... well, at least the chance to live a little longer without all the nasty stuff that cigs introduce into my body.

I ordered two starter sets ... one for me and one for a buddy at work. HE may have to order his own as I'm now thinking that I should have backed the order up with extra atomizers and batteries!

Your vid was VERY helpful and answered a lot of my questions. I'll spend another 10 or 20 hours on the site learning more, but the vid was a good starting point. THANKS AGAIN!

Just watched the video Spikey.

Normally I don't have patience to sit thru instructional videos....even short ones seem to drag on and on and on. Usually if I get an instructional video on a new piece of equipment or product I shelve it immediately and just wing it thru till I figure it out...lol.
I saw the 54 minute length notation and groaned but decided to see how much I could get thru being new to this and thus needing the info.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this video. Before I knew it this one was already over...AND I will likely watch that at least once or twice more and would certainly recommend it. Great job! Lots of clear, concise and useful info and you kept the pace moving beautifully. This was very well done! Thank you so much!

:)

Just tracked my order on my first (an NJoy...Npro starter kit, extra cartridges & atomizer I ordered Friday) it came into town today and should be delivered here by tomorrow. Interestingly I had ordered analogs on the 31st (before I considered the E-cigs)...they haven't even been shipped yet three weeks later.

Spikey,

Do you have a link I can use to actually download a copy of this file with a download manager? I have only a back-country dialup line and all I've been able to find is the link to cache and view the flash video. That ain't gonna work for me. I left it running all night last night but my connection isn't stable enough to get anything.

Thanks,
Don
Send me a PM. If you have AIM I can try to message it to you if you can keep connection long enough. If not.. you can send me your mailing addy and enough for shipping and I will send you a DVD.

Spikey, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to help out a virgin! My M401 (first shot at this) arrived today and I watched the video as my first battery is charging. I can't wait to try Vaping out tomorrow and maybe change my life ... well, at least the chance to live a little longer without all the nasty stuff that cigs introduce into my body.

I ordered two starter sets ... one for me and one for a buddy at work. HE may have to order his own as I'm now thinking that I should have backed the order up with extra atomizers and batteries!

Your vid was VERY helpful and answered a lot of my questions. I'll spend another 10 or 20 hours on the site learning more, but the vid was a good starting point. THANKS AGAIN!

Order spare parts now! before any fail! Maybe then you will get them in time.

Just watched the video Spikey.

Normally I don't have patience to sit thru instructional videos....even short ones seem to drag on and on and on. Usually if I get an instructional video on a new piece of equipment or product I shelve it immediately and just wing it thru till I figure it out...lol.
I saw the 54 minute length notation and groaned but decided to see how much I could get thru being new to this and thus needing the info.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this video. Before I knew it this one was already over...AND I will likely watch that at least once or twice more and would certainly recommend it. Great job! Lots of clear, concise and useful info and you kept the pace moving beautifully. This was very well done! Thank you so much!

Just tracked my order on my first (an NJoy...Npro starter kit, extra cartridges & atomizer I ordered Friday) it came into town today and should be delivered here by tomorrow. Interestingly I had ordered analogs on the 31st (before I considered the E-cigs)...they haven't even been shipped yet three weeks later.
I speak really fast so I was able to cram a lot into 54 mins lol! Cancel the analogs... if u start vaping... you may not need those cartons of analogs! Glad you were not bored and made it thru the video! Let everyone know how you like vaping!

I speak really fast so I was able to cram a lot into 54 mins lol! Cancel the analogs... if u start vaping... you may not need those cartons of analogs! Glad you were not bored and made it thru the video! Let everyone know how you like vaping!

I emailed the analog company yesterday but don't know if they will process request before shipping....luckily my Mom smokes the same brand so if I don't need them at least $$ wasn't wasted. Probably try to convert her over to the E-cig but she takes a while to get over her resistance to change (she's 71 and smoked 2 packs a day for 55 years).:rolleyes:

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Send me a PM. If you have AIM I can try to message it to you if you can keep connection long enough. If not.. you can send me your mailing addy and enough for shipping and I will send you a DVD.

I don't have AIM but it probably wouldn't work since it would be a four-hour transfer, at best.

Ideally, could you place a copy on a (free) file sharing website that allows the use of a download manager? 4shared.com looks like it will work. They allow 100 mb files.

I emailed the analog company yesterday but don't know if they will process request before shipping....luckily my Mom smokes the same brand so if I don't need them at least $$ wasn't wasted. Probably try to convert her over to the E-cig but she takes a while to get over her resistance to change (she's 71 and smoked 2 packs a day for 55 years).:rolleyes:

There are plenty of 30+ year smokers in here who either quit or cut down to less than a pack a day using ecigs! Try her.. ya never know. Get her one that looks like a cig. Will help mentally.

I don't have AIM but it probably wouldn't work since it would be a four-hour transfer, at best.

Ideally, could you place a copy on a (free) file sharing website that allows the use of a download manager? 4shared.com looks like it will work. They allow 100 mb files.
The low res is only 87 MB I think... will check now and try to upload it there. Will post link here if I am successful.

See if this works...

When you click on the pic it takes you to 4shared and there is a "download now" button on the page. Hope it works.

Last edited:

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Thanks for doing that Spikey.

I may be able to get it in an overnight session but my connection will have to remain valid for 6 hours or so. I've found their server doesn't provide support for resuming interrupted downloads. Bummer.

I have a download running right now. My program says it's got 3% done and is estimating another 6 to 7 hours to complete it. We'll see

The DVD may be the hot way to go. I'll let you know tomorrow. Can I pay you with paypal?

Edit: Duh! With the link to the downloadable file, I can take a laptop to town and get it very quickly over DSL or wifi.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that Spikey.

I may be able to get it in an overnight session but my connection will have to remain valid for 6 hours or so. I've found their server doesn't provide support for resuming interrupted downloads. Bummer.

I have a download running right now. My program says it's got 3% done and is estimating another 6 to 7 hours to complete it. We'll see

The DVD may be the hot way to go. I'll let you know tomorrow. Can I pay you with paypal?

Edit: Duh! With the link to the downloadable file, I can take a laptop to town and get it very quickly over DSL or wifi.

If it doesn't... paypal me $6 and I will priority mail u a DVD. Good luck!

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
I got 54.6 mb of it downloaded in five hours before my connection dropped out. I'll try it again tonight. That probably won't work either. I can get it when I go to town to save you the trouble of mailing it.

Edit: The piece of a file that I did get downloaded actually runs 34+ minutes of functional audio and video before ending with a corruption error. It's very good and informative to this point Spikey. Thanks!

Last edited:

omrebel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Tupelo, MS
Spikey - I just wanted to say thanks for making that video. As someone who is just now starting, it was very helpful. I bought 2 of the 901's (one for me and my fiance) and we should start "vaping" and getting off of the analogs this weekend. But, I feel much more comfortable now about what to expect, how to use the PV's, and how to maintain them now. Thanks again for such an excellent tutorial.

I got 54.6 mb of it downloaded in five hours before my connection dropped out. I'll try it again tonight. That probably won't work either. I can get it when I go to town to save you the trouble of mailing it.

Edit: The piece of a file that I did get downloaded actually runs 34+ minutes of functional audio and video before ending with a corruption error. It's very good and informative to this point Spikey. Thanks!

Hey.. I had a thought... if you tell me where it ends... maybe I can take the rest and break it up into small pieces (less than 16MB) and email it to you in pieces? Let me know... I can prib find time to do that over the weekend after ANOTHER baby shower and putting together a rocking chair (the gift I got for LAST weekends baby shower!!!) and editing video reviews lol :)

Really... I can do that if it is easier for you. Let me know if you can't get the rest. Do you have a neighbor with high speed connection who could just download and burn to DVD for you?

Spikey - I just wanted to say thanks for making that video. As someone who is just now starting, it was very helpful. I bought 2 of the 901's (one for me and my fiance) and we should start "vaping" and getting off of the analogs this weekend. But, I feel much more comfortable now about what to expect, how to use the PV's, and how to maintain them now. Thanks again for such an excellent tutorial.

Glad it was helpful :) Enjoy and Happy Vaping!

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Hey.. I had a thought... if you tell me where it ends... maybe I can take the rest and break it up into small pieces (less than 16MB) and email it to you in pieces? Let me know... I can prib find time to do that over the weekend after ANOTHER baby shower and putting together a rocking chair (the gift I got for LAST weekends baby shower!!!) and editing video reviews lol :)

Really... I can do that if it is easier for you. Let me know if you can't get the rest. Do you have a neighbor with high speed connection who could just download and burn to DVD for you?

Thank you Spikey. You are sweet to offer to do that but really, it's under control. You've provided a downloadable file for me and that's all I need. I have quite a few places I can go tie a laptop into high speed DSL and many more places where I can get on wireless networks. I would have loved to watch the entire video before the 801's and the juice arrived today but we'll make it. Right now the first two batteries are charging so we'll soon be vaping.

I did try downloading again last night but all I got was 16 MB the first time and 55 mb the second time. I hate #$%*~ dialup but that's one of the small prices we pay to live where we choose to live. I'll go to town this week, in fact, I need to go work on one of our rental houses that has a brand new DSL service in place as of Monday so I can get the whole file in one piece very soon.

Am I reading you right that YOU are expecting? If so, congratuations to you and yours. We just lost one of our kids Monday afternoon, our beloved 14 yo Golden Retreiver, Christy, so the realization that you will soon bring another special life to this world gives me joy. Lord knows, my wife and I are not feeling too much of that this week.

BTW: I voted for you last night.

Thank you Spikey. You are sweet to offer to do that but really, it's under control. You've provided a downloadable file for me and that's all I need. I have quite a few places I can go tie a laptop into high speed DSL and many more places where I can get on wireless networks. I would have loved to watch the entire video before the 801's and the juice arrived today but we'll make it. Right now the first two batteries are charging so we'll soon be vaping.

I did try downloading again last night but all I got was 16 MB the first time and 55 mb the second time. I hate #$%*~ dialup but that's one of the small prices we pay to live where we choose to live. I'll go to town this week, in fact, I need to go work on one of our rental houses that has a brand new DSL service in place as of Monday so I can get the whole file in one piece very soon.

Am I reading you right that YOU are expecting? If so, congratuations to you and yours. We just lost one of our kids Monday afternoon, our beloved 14 yo Golden Retreiver, Christy, so the realization that you will soon bring another special life to this world gives me joy. Lord knows, my wife and I are not feeling too much of that this week.

BTW: I voted for you last night.

I am glad it will all work out... but before rumors start flying...

I am NOT expecting :)

My sisters baby shower was last weekend and my cousins is this weekend (so I will be an Aunt.. AGAIN!) and I am quite excited about it.. but if I have to go to one more baby shower I am going to start lying and telling people I am infertile and it upsets me too much to go to baby showers so I can't make it! Wish I could just send a gift.. but with immediate family I cant do that.

I have a 13 year old minpin who is blind in one eye and getting to that age.. every year I get more and more scared.. but other than the blindness he has been in fairly good health. I am so sorry for your loss... I don't know what I will do when that day comes!

Last edited:

Navy CPO

Apr 22, 2009
Jacksonville, Fl
I sat in my office this morning and watched your entire video. Needless to say I learned allot. It should be a pre-requisite for any newbie to watch this and at least catch the basics. After understanding how these things work I went ahead and ordered a Janty Dura-C earlier today. I can not wait to get it.

Thanks Spikey your the best :)

yokidd20

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Savannah, GA
www.twitter.com
Thank you so much! I wish I had found this thread, well actually this entire site, before I bought my first e cig. I ended up going with smoking everywhere :/ because they were on the news and were the first US supplier I found that seemed legit but alas, I was wrong. I can't wait for mine to come in the mail (should be tomorrow) even though it is from a supposedly bad company, and if it is, I won't lose hope! Thanks again for all this wonderful information.

Hey guys :) Glad to see more people helped :) So much easier once you know a little about it.

Hi Spikey, great video, I finally got round to watching it 3 weeks after starting vaping and it cleared up a few queries for me. I love those 'aaah, I see...' moments.

Any chance of a follow up vid, just a few minutes of you vaping and saying 'moist' a lot?
Hah! Funny :) There are some from my personal website... but those are "pay" videos lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread