NEW UWELL CROWN 2:it looks great but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBKLYN

Mar 20, 2015
brooklyn nyc
I bought the new UWELL CROWN 2 tank around July 4th. I paid $40 for the tank and 2 packs of .25 coils. I was excited to get it and it seemed great at first. The design of it is great. I like the lock screw that keeps the tank from unscrewing. Leave the lock screw alone unless you are cleaning the tank. When u place the lock screw back in the tank and it isn't flush u will get a mouth full of juice. The bullet coils do allow for a lot of airflow and better flavor then the CROWN 1. That is basically the only advantage of this tank.
Now the bad news...... It consumes more juice then the crown 1. Vapor production is about the same. Everyone has experienced a bit of leaking with the first crown. This tank isn't leak proof but they have almost fixed the problem. On the Crown 1 a coil would last me 8 days on average. So far I have only gotten 3 days out of a coil on the crown 2. I always spend time priming coils etc. Im going to let the tank sit overnight when I change the next coil. Maybe I will get better results? who knows
If you are considering purchasing this tank I would wait. There is a quality control issue with the coils. Every review you watch on youtube will say its greatest thing since sliced bread but lets face it they didn't pay for the tank. They will never review anything honestly because they know if the reviews are in anyway negative they won't receive free merchandise in the future. Take it from me; a person who actually paid for this tank and coils. Do not make the same mistake I did ... If you are going to buy this tank and coils I would wait.

Nads

Aug 4, 2016
Wish i had seen your review before purchasing :(

I got the crown 2 about two weeks ago, its been absolutely terrible with the included 0.25ohm coils and the extra coils i purchased.

They work fine for 2 days, after that they become tasteless, burnt taste crops up, they overheat like crazy and temp control just doesn't seem to work at all on them :(

I have no idea if the coils are V2, V3.

KBKLYN

Mar 20, 2015
brooklyn nyc
The juice consumption issue I had was brief and then it was normal. Basically the tank is ok. The real problem is the coils. They suck. I have had the same problem with every coil. It starts out great; an outstanding vape and then by day3- 4 it goes downhill quickly giving a horrible taste. Uwell will hopefully fix the problem with the coils and until then Im going back to the crown 1. Save your money and avoid buying the Crown 2 until they fix the coils. Do not listen to 90% of the reviews on you tube. They are afraid to give an honest review of the crown 2 because they don't want to damage their relationship with UWELL. Crown2 isn't worth it ... This tank is 100% hype...

Reactions: drysprocket

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
@KBKLYN - I have had similar issues with the Crown II coils, both the .25 and .50 (although .50 did last a bit longer). But I am not ready to give up on the tank. I just purchased the Rafale Ni coils as someone else had indicated that those coils perform nicely on the Crown II. I am hoping these will work better, otherwise I don't think I will be using the tank again.

Reactions: sd3614

Nads

Aug 4, 2016
Okay ive found sort of a fix to the coils issue.

You need to loosen the glass tank from the bottom base, just twist the bottom to leave a nice gap between the glass and the bottom base. You will start to see bubbles forming when you do this. I can easily run it now back at 60watts without burn hits and flavour is normal now too.

Try it and see if it helps you.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
@KBKLYN - I have had similar issues with the Crown II coils, both the .25 and .50 (although .50 did last a bit longer). But I am not ready to give up on the tank. I just purchased the Rafale Ni coils as someone else had indicated that those coils perform nicely on the Crown II. I am hoping these will work better, otherwise I don't think I will be using the tank again.

Hey man, I've been off the forum for a while. Does the Crown 2 use new coils or will the old ones still work?

Thanks bud

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I remember the 1st Crown there were tons of threads with burnt hits, short coil life than others of us that never had that issue. The OG coils required a very specific break in. I don't want to insult anyone who has had success with Crown 1 and is now having short coil life burned taste on Crown 2 but is it just a break in procedure?

I remember running 50 watts for an hour or two, then 70 for an hour or two, then 100 watts maybe by hour 3 or 4. This was after taking many dry hits with no power with the air flow shut off the 1st 5 minutes to prime.

Just a thought, such a shame if the new version can't keep up with the OG.

Alex H

Aug 22, 2016
Just recently got the crown 2 thought id be getting some improved coils, not the case. first coil i saturated the crap out of and still got gross machine oil/burnt hits. put the second coil in same thing. put in 3 more coils over 3 days let them all sit over night and same thing i can't for the life of me get this tank to taste good its not even tasting good off the bat and then failing its just red light after red light. its going in a drawer until i get an answer from uwell its been a week and no reply... crap coils, on the other hand i just received my Herakles RTA mini and set that up on a dual build and its the best tasting tank ive come across in a long time i think its all about the small chamber and chimney. the clouds are up there with the TFV8 baby. Id recommend the herakles rta mini over the crown 2 any day. not even that difficult to put a build together if your store sells pre builts too.
rose gold>coffee

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Just recently got the crown 2 thought id be getting some improved coils, not the case. first coil i saturated the crap out of and still got gross machine oil/burnt hits. put the second coil in same thing. put in 3 more coils over 3 days let them all sit over night and same thing i can't for the life of me get this tank to taste good its not even tasting good off the bat and then failing its just red light after red light. its going in a drawer until i get an answer from uwell its been a week and no reply... crap coils, on the other hand i just received my Herakles RTA mini and set that up on a dual build and its the best tasting tank ive come across in a long time i think its all about the small chamber and chimney. the clouds are up there with the TFV8 baby. Id recommend the herakles rta mini over the crown 2 any day. not even that difficult to put a build together if your store sells pre builts too.
rose gold>coffee

hey, please report back with what Uwell says regarding the coils. i am hoping they will be fixing the issue because i am hearing nothing but problems with these coils only lasting 3 days.

i want a new tank but not willing to get this if coils are junk.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread