New V5 owner, I have a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
In any case, I'm still happy with it. It performs just like my old Vamo; like a champ.

I'm just curious if it's a clone of a clone of a clone. :D

Mine was $39 shipped from eBay, so I can't complain, I guess.

That is what I paid for the Lambo 6 itself at smoktek.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Looking at that pic of the Lambo there, it has the same display as my old Vamo, which I was always told was an LCD display, but the description there says LED.

Which is which?

Based on a TV type screen they both do the same thing really. It simply comes down to a difference of using them with light sources. Other than that I wouldn't know as long as I can read them be it indoors or outdoors in sun light. Don't think there is much difference really except how clean the letters look on the V5 compared to the LCD/LED screens.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I'd be interested to see what firmware version you folks are seeing on these recent V5s. I've copied the procedure for viewing the firmware version. Let's see if the V5 has a new firmware version that's changed the operation and features. Maybe there's an explanation of the new version if that's what has occured.

"Vamo's Do have a firmware version.

V3 firmware version can be verified by:
Remove the Battery Cap
Press and Hold the Fire Button
Reinstall the Battery Cap
KSD 2.0 or KSD 3.0 should be displayed on the OLED display

Story is that KSD 3.0 allows switching Mean/RMS (verified on my Vamo V3) while KSD 2.0 does not (RMS only).
This being true explains why some V3s won't switch Mean/RMS."

rucni

ECF Veteran
IMAG1063.jpg ok i am not an expert but i was wondering about my vamos when i first joined ecf. the V3 has the swirl pattern on it and will strip down into just the control unit. the V4 from what i was told had the V3 chip set and V2 body, top ring and first battery section are press fit on. here is a pic of both of my vamos, ignore the black o-rings. just checked my v3 says ksd 3.0

Last edited:

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
vamo.jpg

This what my V5 looks like. I only know for sure it uses a V3 chipset, and a V2 body, but has a removable top cap. My bottom cap, and bottom battery tube section is removable for 18350 mode. The control head and lower tube assembly right under the control head are press fit together.

GeorgeIIII

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
Kingsport, TN
I just got my V5 from a local dealer a few days ago. One interesting note that they mentioned was that the V5's menu system had been slightly revamped, so it may be that the poster has one of these, rather than the other model. As for the O-ring not coming off... sounds suspicious to me. I'm wondering if maybe someone sold him a knockoff or something... who knows.

I didn't even realize that the V5 could switch between RMS and AVG. I guess I should read the instructions! What does that mean anyway? What's the difference? How does it affect the vaping experience?

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I'm trying to figure out if the Vamo V5 constains the Vamo 5S head, or if it's two completely different products

1521100-2.jpg
That is designed to be put on a mechanical mod. You then set the fire button on the mech to always be on. Tada, you now are vaping Vamo V5 style on your mechanical mod. Basically it's the standard V5 control head with the bottom cap that has the battery post replaced with a bottom cap with a 510 connector.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I didn't even realize that the V5 could switch between RMS and AVG. I guess I should read the instructions! What does that mean anyway? What's the difference? How does it affect the vaping experience?

Instructions don't say anything about it.

Just keep holding the left button about 20-30 seconds down the display should change and come up with Output RMS or Output Mean.

I was in Mean and couldn't figure why the vape had a burnt taste I changed it back to RMS.

I put a beauty ring on with my Protank just until it kick than brought the beauty ring up; than brought cover on the head up until it was touching the tank this way I'm not screwing the tank in tight; more stable and looks a lot better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread