New vaper. Battery issues, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawncx

May 4, 2015
I just got my first E-Cig and I got it home, plugged the battery in to charge, an the charger lit up green. So I unplugged it, thinking it was fully charged and tried vaping. However, when I tapped the button 5 times oon the battery nothing happened - no lights, nothing. So I plugged it back in to charge, and the button lit up blue about 6 times. I let it charge for about an hour an tried again, but had the same result. When I try to turn the battery on, there is no light. When I press and hold the button, no light, but when I plug it in it lights up. It seems like the battery isnt holding it's charge? Or not charging at all? Is there any fixes here or am I screwed? Many thanks!

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Try, on the charger after the light flashes, wiggling the pieces, unscrewing the battery and back, etc., to see if the charger light ever turns red. It might be fully charged but almost all batteries can be made to charge for a short while, even right after charging. If it won't that's one evidence towards a dead battery. It may "charge" instantly because of no capacity.

Try turning it on by pressing the button a few ways, pretty fast you don't have to count them. Even if it needed charging, should get a flashing light instead of nothing.

Let me guess, this is a CE4 type vape pen (e.g. $5.29 $6.61 - 1300mAh Rechargeable 1.6ml eGo-CE4 E-Cigarette - Cigabuy ) ... they're pumping those out by the millions and don't care the clearo is junk, why would the batteries be much better? (not saying all CE4s are junk, even if minimal, but the CE4s and 5s I got lasted a day at most).

Spawncx

May 4, 2015
    When I just press the button a few times, I still get nothing. Not even a light to indicate its dead, just nothing, I've tried wriggling it around a bit in the charger but it just stays green all the time. It's a Vapur smrtg I think, I picked it up in a store for like 40$ (Starter pack and some juice) but I'm pretty sure from what you've said the battery is just dead.

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    This won't apply unless your ecig has a replaceable coil....if it does.... I had a similar problem with my MigCig 1300 battery (egostyle 4.2 volt) with the SR72 tank that came with it. These had a replaceable "bottom" coil that twists on between the juice tank and the battery, so I just popped on my spare tank that already had a coil mounted...and it worked perfect...At first I thought it was the battery, but it turned out I had a bad coil ...The thing blinked normally when turning on the battery , but wouldn't light up or produce a vapor when I hit the manual button..acted like it was turned off..when I tried to take a drag. In short, try putting in a new coil if it takes one.

Spawncx

May 4, 2015
    This won't apply unless your ecig has a replaceable coil....if it does.... I had a similar problem with my MigCig 1300 battery (egostyle 4.2 volt) with the SR72 tank that came with it. These had a replaceable "bottom" coil that twists on between the juice tank and the battery, so I just popped on my spare tank that already had a coil mounted...and it worked perfect...At first I thought it was the battery, but it turned out I had a bad coil ...The thing blinked normally when turning on the battery , but wouldn't light up or produce a vapor when I hit the manual button..acted like it was turned off..when I tried to take a drag. In short, try putting in a new coil if it takes one.

Nah it doesnt have a replacable coil. This is really frustrating, it will blink and light up when plugged into the charger (Which indicates it is fully charged) But as soon as I pull it off the charger it won't light up, at all. I really don't know what to do. Does anyone know what the policy usually is if you get a ....ed battery or something? Refund/exhange?

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    ....what kind/brand of ecig do you have? If their customer service or online chat is up today, that'd be my first go-to. If they aren't..review the instructions that came with it again..make sure you haven't missed something....this forum has some good tech threads that might help...as well as youtube...but be careful about trying any fixes that might screw up your chance of getting a free replacement from the supplier. I know it's frustrating. Once you step up from the cartomizer type ecig, there's always "some" maintenance required. You vape veterans are probably getting a good laugh out of that "some"..!

Reactions: r77r7r

Spawncx

May 4, 2015
    Yeah pretty sure i got a dead battery, it's super frustrating but I went back to the place I got it from and he called hiss upplier, cause he didnt know the policy on refunds ect. Says tomorrow he will call me with what I'm to do, super frustrated but eh.. whatcha gonna do. And as for the brand I'm not really sure, pretty positive it's a Canadian brand that's not very common. Vapur? Or smrt? I dunno box says vapur smrt-g so lol

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    ....there was a delay in when I posted and when Robert answered...take what applies and leave the rest...I keep some cartomizer style ecigs on hand for just such "emergencies". It bites to have to shell out more money after you've already made an investment in your new gear, but the carto styles come in handy for me when I'm on the road or don't wanna mess with juices. You can still get a free disposable ecig from Apollo ecigs with the code FREEECIG...just ordered mine ...and I think Greensmoke also has a similar offer..Free E-Cigarette Green Smoke Free E-Cig or by Googling "Free E-Cigarette Green Smoke Free E-Cig".

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    ...Robert...yeah..I'm still a vaping noob, but I've already started hacking my cartomizers...those greensmoke ones are a bear! ..so I hear ya there..The way I look at it, the less stress the better when you are just starting getting off analogs. I started off with greensmokes and not sorry I did. Awesome vapor and flavor...meh.. not bad. Started refilling my own when I saw how expensive refills were...and reusing them is really pretty easy...as I'm no rocket scientist!!.(that would be my brother) though I think I'll try rebuilding some of my dead coils next. Personally, I am getting nothing but compliments after quitting cigs...about how GOOD I smell..!!! No more stinky ashtray smell...never goin back to that! And I thought I'd miss the tobacco flavor...well...just ordered some backwoods breww maple tobacco...can't wait (2 week steep)

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    on the greensmokes..male battery end..female on the cart end, yes sir. The threading on the batt is a KR-808-D2...kind of an odd size...as if the cap on the cart weren't hard enough to pry off! hehehe I didn't have much success with refilling/reusing the greensmokes carts...flavor was weak and I was pulling down the battery charge like 60 and the vape was gettin pretty warm...course I like long drags. That's when I moved up to the clearomizers ( steel and pyrex)...they still get pretty warm but I haven't had one crack yet..and don't have to worry about juice staining the tank...like some juices will the plastic ones. Savin' up for a variable wattage ..like the Kanger IPOW2 with a Nautilus mini ...yeah! :thumb:

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    spawncx...just about to head out when I saw your post..mine doesn't have a wick either but all the wicking is done inside of my coil assembly ....since yours don't have one, 'fraid I can't help ya there. Can't say I have ever heard of that brand before either, so I'll step aside and leave the veteran vapers here to address that one....you might find something on YouTube or Google.

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    ( ...doesn't have a wick in the tank, I mean...)...I just Googled ecigs with no wicks...and as mcclintock answered up above..seems the CE4's and 5's have no wick ....sounds similar to yourself...you might start by researching the Technical section forum here for answers...or Googling or YouTube. And Good Luck to ya

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2015
    ..right on.. It will take some time and sampling to find the ejuice and device that suits you. Sorry to hear that you got a bum deal right out the gate, but don't give up. This little hiccup in the paln is just testing yor resolve. hehehe Be sure to check out the COUPON section of this site for all sorts of discounts. There's a suppliers forum section too so you can check out the major players up close and personal. We all had to start somewhere..and Next time round I think you'll be alot happier with something reliable, with a good rep..then you can save your $$ , do a bunch of research..watch/read a ton of reviews....and start shopping for your dream machine :smokie: I'm outta here for now...Vape On!

djlimeberry

May 7, 2015
    When I just press the button a few times, I still get nothing. Not even a light to indicate its dead, just nothing, I've tried wriggling it around a bit in the charger but it just stays green all the time. It's a Vapur smrtg I think, I picked it up in a store for like 40$ (Starter pack and some juice) but I'm pretty sure from what you've said the battery is just dead.

I'd take it back to the shop you bought it in. Sounds like the one you bought is defective.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread