New vaper - Help question

Status
Not open for further replies.

derbj390

Feb 9, 2016
Hi all,

I bought a kit off FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics and its all good.

Originally i had bought 3 batters

1300 mah
1100 mah and
1100 mah

The stardard coil that came with the kit was Silica and 2.2Ohms

It worked ok but i found there too be much less vapor production so ended up buying

1.5 ohms SOCC coil for MT3... it works well but it seems after a few days or maybe aftyer a big night out... my coil over heats and produces burnt taste.. i have had to change 2 coils in the last 3 days and have, on occasion found some leaking on the inside of it - the bit where the battery coonects with the atomiser - which i clean off.

What am i doing wrong? surely my coils dont need to be dying on me this quick?
The batteries i have are NOT variable voltage and i think they are the standard EVOD fixed voltage (3.7) battery.

Am i doing something wrong?
Should i try rebuilding? could anyone please share some of thier thoughts with me so i can get more life of the hardware i have perhaps...

Should i be using VOCC? or TOCC coils?

I order from fasttech - Gadgets and Electronics and it takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

Im in New Zealand.

Kiaora.

Listing that i bought from (fasttech.com) : /products/0/10007047/1573901-evod-1100mah-rechargeable-starter-kit

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Try using Evod coils. I have not tried any other coils with our Evod tanks - I just order coils that specify that they are for Evod tanks. We are on a strict budget, and most of our vaping supplies come out of my Social Security after I pay my share of rent and other living expenses, so I cannot afford to have equipment fail on us. For us, it is worth it to get genuine Kanger replacement parts, including coils. You can get genuine Kanger Evod coils from FastTech for a very reasonable price.

What flavors of eliquid are you using? What is the pg/vg ratio on your eliquid? Darker and sweeter eliquids will gunk up a coil faster than clear, not so sweet eliquids. My personal preference is for bakery/dessert/creamy/custard flavors. Sweet flavors. Some of them can get really dark after steeping. Since my daughter is gluten-sensitive, she also prefers bakery/dessert flavors to make up for what she is unable to eat. Quite a few of our preferred flavors are coil gunkers. High vg could also prove a problem with not wicking properly. We have not gone above 70vg/30pg in our Evod tanks, and we have not had any problems.

How hard are you drawing, and how fast? When I get stressed, I tend to draw very hard and chain vape - just like I did when smoking - and sometimes have problems with my coils. If you are drawing very quickly, for example, you may get a burnt taste because the eliquid does not have enough time to saturate the wick. Same thing with drawing too hard.

Good luck with solving your problem. Sometimes it takes a bit of tweaking before you hit on the right combination for you with the equipment that you are using.

Reactions: derbj390

derbj390

Feb 9, 2016
Hi thanks. I shall look it up on fasttech

Same, being a student i am on a strict budget really - so know what you mean.

I have just bought coffee flavor and thats 60% vg and 40% pg

Some of the other juices that i have are strictly 50%VG 50% PG.

The MT3 atomizer i am using is 1.5 ohms and i also am buying the 1.8 Ohms ( 5 pack) just in case.

My draw was probably quite standard as it was a learning curve initially when i bought the hardware. I thought i had that part sorted - perhaps i drew too hard whilst on a night out and may not have realized it.

I feel rebuilding the MT3 Atomizer is a long term solution that could save me money in the long run, but you are right about the pre-built coils, i guess its the same except i dont have to make the coils myself.

Ill have a go and search for these MT3 coils ( EVOD).

What do you reckon about the wick? any thoughts on the wick material?

Thanks a ton - it felt re-assuring reading your post.

B

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Do you have an Evod tank or an MT3 tank? Using the correct coil for your hardware can make a difference. I have Evod and Evod Glass tanks, and I order Evod coils for them. Using the correct coils for the equipment that you have can and does make a difference in how you experience vaping.

At the moment, I am using genuine Kanger Evod single coils with silica wicks, and enjoying them.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Let's cut to the chase here.

If those batteries are any good and fully charged, you probably will have problems with 1.5ohm coils. That's a little too high (watts) for that tank.

The higher VG the worse the trouble as well.

According to what I can find (Kanger), the MT3 is not covered by the new range of SOCC/TOCC/VOCC coils. The VOCC will not fit. Neither the SOCC or TOCC is 100% correct for that tank either.
The closest is the TOCC which was designed for MT3S and T3S clearos, not MT3, which is really old now and was always a troublesome tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread