New Vaper here - 11 days cigarette free

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRaiden

Feb 12, 2017
Iceland
Hi all :)
I was a heavy smoker, 2 packs a day, and my friend recommended me to go straight to sub-ohm vaping.

So i bought myself:
- Smoktech G-Priv w/ Big baby beast
- TFV8 Cloud beast with the RBA
- 4x Sony VTC5A battery's and 2x LG HG2 (Thank you Mooch for extremely helpful charts!)
- Geek Vape 521 Tab mini ohm meter (for my RBA builds)
- Ceramic Tweezers and screwdrivers to use when i go RBA building
- Kanthal prebuilt coils
- Lots of Japanese organic cotton
- 240ml of E-juice 6mg nic
- 3 inch long drip tip aluminum
- Nitecore i4 charger

So far i have been cigarette free for 11 day's and i'm loving the Vape!
This looks like a great community and i look forward to be a part of it :)

TheRaiden

Feb 12, 2017
Iceland
Thanks for the warm 'vape' welcome :)
Yeah, i watched ALOT of youtube videos and read alot of forum post's trying to find out what gear to buy.
But good research pay's off. I am extremely happy with my kit and i'm doing tricks like poking little holes in the side cotton on the smok coils with a needle. No leaks or dry hits so far! I'm wondering though if any atomizers would give me an even stronger flavor than the TFV8 and B.B.Beast. Any recommendations for a tank with super flavor and thick clouds?

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

OldIronCheeks

Feb 13, 2017
New York, NY
Hello, fellow newcomer! I am glad to see that after 11 days of being of cigarettes, you dived into vaping. Just like I did 4 years ago.

Judging by your set-up, you are definitely good to go.
Also, if you're looking for strong flavor with clouds in a tank, strangely enough, those tanks should be able to give you that. If you're using the rebuildable deck, you should be able to slap in some hefty builds and ramp up the wattage. I would, however, advise that you be careful doing that on the 6mg juice as you may get really harsh hits while vaping.

Juice, too, plays a factor, as the higher the VG = more vapor; higher the PG = more flavor and throat hit.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Hrafin & welcome
I wouldn't be overly concerned with 6 mg in a Beast tank as I have 6 mg in a Cloud Beast running at 135 w with me now and I don't feel there is too much nic and I was only smoking 1 pack a day of lights. You'll know if you're getting too much soon enough. A lot depends on how often you draw on it and how large the draws are.

Don't go too high on the wattage if you prefer flavor over clouds, even as little as 2 or 3 watts can make a big difference in flavor. Also most atty's will perform differently with different juices and it is just trial and error which works best. Though as you get to know your various tanks the trial & error will give way to educated guesses. As to other tanks well I still very much enjoy and in some cases prefer the Crown 1's with the RBA over the Beast tanks.

Reactions: TheRaiden

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi all :)
I was a heavy smoker, 2 packs a day, and my friend recommended me to go straight to sub-ohm vaping.
So i bought myself:
- Smoktech G-Priv w/ Big baby beast
- TFV8 Cloud beast with the RBA
- 4x Sony VTC5A battery's and 2x LG HG2 (Thank you Mooch for extremely helpful charts!)
- Geek Vape 521 Tab mini ohm meter (for my RBA builds)
- Ceramic Tweezers and screwdrivers to use when i go RBA building
- Kanthal prebuilt coils
- Lots of Japanese organic cotton
- 240ml of E-juice 6mg nic
- 3 inch long drip tip aluminum
- Nitecore i4 charger
So far i have been cigarette free for 11 day's and i'm loving the Vape!
This looks like a great community and i look forward to be a part of it :)
Welcome and glad you joined. Congratulations on 12 days, pretty soon you will wonder why it took you so long to try vaping, I know I do.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Reactions: TheRaiden

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Welcome aboard! VERY good job on your initial setup! You should be very happy with everything you listed! Ive noticed you're already reading some of Moochs stuff but if you intend to build coils then I suggest some more reading from his blog and Baditudes blog as well.

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Lots of help from builders on all levels in here!

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Just ordered a Crius RTA v3 by OBS and a SXK Kayfun 5 with MTL kit for some MTL action

Just started and already hording atty's :) this always happens with a new hobby for me hehe
Ahhh, you're a prescient man.
The Atomizer is the whole Banana in Vaping.
I've bought at least 30 since Thanksgiving..

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Hrafn Knudsen Hello and Welcome to the forums!!! Congratulations on your new journey into the smoke free world!!!! Any questions, do not hesitate to ask as you can see there are plenty of wonderful people here willing to help out when ever we can. Kick back, kick your shoes off and enjoy your stay!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread