Not open for further replies.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
@jjatl

Wow, how did you switch that fast?

I've been vaping for 3 months, still can't let go my cigarettes. Good for you. What's your secret?

For me, vaping doesn't give me the dryness and bitter aftertaste. Cigarettes do. Especially after meal. How did you get over that?

Thank you so much for the praise. I am completely over the moon about quitting. I know that I have cigarettes beat!!! :thumbs:

There are so many reasons that I wanted to quit cigarettes, I just needed a little help to get me over the edge to beat them.

Here are the things that I think are helping keeping me off of the analogs:
  • I really, really want to quit bad <-- I think this is most most important part.
  • I purchased a nice setup that produces enough vapor. If anyone wants a nice setup on a budget, there are great deals still available today (Cyber Monday).
  • I started at 18mg. That is pretty high, but I wanted to make sure that I was able to get enough nicotine. I am now vaping at 12mg (still pretty high).
  • I finished my pack of cigarettes during the first week of Vaping, and told myself that I WOULD NOT BUY ANOTHER PACK!
  • Any time I want a cigarette I will vape, even if that means vaping for 20min.
  • Now that I am two weeks in, cigarettes smell gross.
  • I haven't stunk in 2 weeks and my wife LOVES that!
  • I have incredible support from my friends and my family, and ECF. I love this place :hubba:
  • I am also helping a family member quit smoking. She has been smoking for 45 years. I purchased her an EVOD/T3S like my first setup and some juice. I desperately want her to succeed too, and we are vaping buddies.
  • I LIKE VAPING!!!
With all of that said, everyone's journey is different. Do not be discouraged if you have not quit yet! You can do it!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. We are all here to help each other!

StaceyB

Nov 30, 2015
Pennsylvania
I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread! I did introduce myself, but reading this thread is very encouraging.

I've been smoking since I was about 18 (am 46 now) and have tried to quit multiple times. The gum didn't help. The patch helped somewhat, but I was allergic to something in it and had itchy, red welts where the patch had been. I did quit both times I was pregnant, but always went back again. Wanted to try chantix, but my doc did not recommend it at all. The convenience store ecig was a joke...

So, here I am now. We got our subox nano's Friday. I am pretty excited as this is the first time that I feel like something will work. I want off of cigs completely and if this will help, so be it. I had 4 cigs yesterday (not even whole ones). Sounds like a lot but compared to between 20 & 25, it's nothing. I want to be at 3 a day by the end of the week if possible. Only 2 today so far!

I want to say thank you to everyone here, you all are so kind and helpful, I'm very thankful to have found this forum.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
So, here I am now. We got our subox nano's Friday. I am pretty excited as this is the first time that I feel like something will work. I want off of cigs completely and if this will help, so be it. I had 4 cigs yesterday (not even whole ones). Sounds like a lot but compared to between 20 & 25, it's nothing. I want to be at 3 a day by the end of the week if possible. Only 2 today so far!

I want to say thank you to everyone here, you all are so kind and helpful, I'm very thankful to have found this forum.

@StaceyB
You sound just like did when I got my first device 3 weeks ago. Trust me, going from a pack a day to 4 is huge!!! Congrats!

One month ago I was in despair thinking that I wouldn't ever be able quit. In that one month things have changed so significantly that I can honestly say I will never have another cigarette ever again. It is super exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The subtank nanos are virtually identical to my mini. I love mine and I think they will be great for you!

My biggest recommendation at this point is to puff away on your nano anytime you feel the urge to smoke. With some persistence, you will realize that you no longer need the stinky sticks!!!

Good job and good luck!!!

Reactions: StaceyB

StaceyB

Nov 30, 2015
Pennsylvania
Jjatl,
Thanks for the encouragement and advice! Also, huge congrats to you!

I almost went with the mini! So far, I like the nano a lot. Hey, it's the first thing that has ever made me feel like I have a shot at actually quitting cigs....

please continue to share your progress! I'll be looking forward to it!
Stacey

Reactions: jjatl

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Just to fill everyone in on my progress. I have been vaping for 4 weeks now and cigarette free for 3. I have learned a ton and am enjoying everything so far.

This week I took the plunge into rebuilding. For anyone out there that is intimated by this, don't be!!! It is easier than I expected and my Subox vapes better than it did with the premade coils.

I built a 1.2ohm coil with 28g kanthal that I wrapped around the blue screwdriver. It vapes great! I haven't gotten a dry hit yet, but when I do, it will only take a few minutes to rewick. This will also save a bunch of money because the occ coils were only lasting 4days.
image.jpg

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
Glad to see that you made the switch. You will find that with different E juices some really take on different flavors by getting a device that you can play with your wattage levels. Some E juices I have I find there flavors really shine at lower wattage levels then I have a few that I up my wattage.
Myself when I started I found I really started to enjoy the different flavors. I do have one flavor I have tried to vape numerous times that I just cannot bring myself to vape and that is the watermelon flavor. The draw in for me is great but when I blow it out it almost tastes to me like I bit right down into the white part of the watermelon which does not taste so well with me.
Some of my favorites so far have been:
Beard Vape NO 5 which is a Strawberry Cheesecake
Decoded Bigfoot Mini Donuts
Cuttwood Unicorn Milk
I do have others I really like but I am guessing that you are from the US so not sure if the others you would be able to get. If you find them give them a try.

Reactions: jjatl

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi,

I just created an account so that I could stop lurking and introduce myself. I have been smoking a pack of cigarettes daily for 15 years. I have attempted to quit on several occasions, and the longest I was able to make it was 3 months. The nicotine gum didn't work for me. It just tastes horrible, and the patch was no help at all. The 2 problems that are the hardest for me to overcome have been the habit of smoking, and using it as a crutch to help relieve stress.

Since I have been smoking my entire adult life, everything has always included cigarettes - having a cigarette in the morning with coffee, after a meal, taking a break from the desk at work, road trips, drinking. I could go on and on. That whole routine has seemed insurmountable to change.

Smoking has also been my go to when trying to relax, decompress, and think. Every time that I have quit, that has always been what brings me back to smoking. Something happens that causes anxiety, and at the time, the only thing that I rationalize at the moment is to buy a pack of cigarettes.

I do honestly really want to quit!!! I cannot stand smelling so horrible. I hate the stains i get on my teeth. I hate the amount of money it all costs. It really bothers me that I routinely harm my body, and probably shorten my life, and I feel powerless to change it.

That was all up until last week.

Last week I was given an EVOD battery with a T3S tank from a friend that had tried vaping and didn't enjoy it. I took it to a local Vape shop, and spoke with them quit a bit. They educated me on the vaping basics, and were all ex-smokers themselves. This was all extremely encouraging. They replaced the coil in my T3S hooked me up with a bottle of vanilla custard with 18mg nic and showed me how to use it. They informed me that the device I had was pretty much the most entry level device and encouraged me to purchase something better, but I decided that I wanted to try Vaping first and see if it was something that could help me stop smoking.

Immediately after starting to use this device, I went from smoking 20 to 4-5 daily. I am getting the nicotine that i crave. I do not smell bad, and it seems cheaper. I was super excited that I may have found the solution to keep me away from cigarettes permanently.

I found ECF over the weekend and spent almost the entire weekend reading. After a couple days of research, it seemed like the general consensus was in line with what the B&M store told me. To give myself the best opportunity to quit smoking, I needed to make a better investment in hardware. After much more reading, I chose the HW, a HW vendor, and decided on VW for my first e-juice order.

From MVS I ordered:
Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit
2) LG HG2 18650
Nitecore Digicharger D2
Spare O-ring Set
5 spare coils

From VW I ordered a sample pack. Everything is 12mg 50/50:
Sweet Complexity
(S+C)2
Smurf Cake
On Cloud Custard
Vanilla Clouds
Fruity Freeze

USPS says that everything will be delivered today!

I am very excited that i feel like I finally have the upper hand on my addiction, and I think I will finally be able to give cigarettes the boot!!!

Sorry for the long winded introduction, but thanks for being here to listen! What a great community you guys have here! I am on many other forums for other topics, and haven't seen a single one that it so supportive!!

I am happy to have found you. I'm sure questions will arise, and your forum appears to be the best resource that there is!

Thanks!!!

Welcome to ECF. I used to like the 120 mm long Saratoga cigarettes and used a wide variety when I could not get my Saratoga's.

When I started vaping I was at 18 mg. I DIY my ejuice and gradually lowered my nic to 1 mg. Hoping to go 0 bh Christmas of New years.

Some people have an allergy to Propylene Glycol (PG) in ejuice. If you have problems with PG; don't quit vaping. Switch to higher Vegetable Glycerin (VG) ejuice almost all people find the can deal with a ratio of 70/30 or 80/20. The small number is the PG.

I diy 70% VG juices not because of an allergy but I like mofe vapor.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi,

I just created an account so that I could stop lurking and introduce myself. I have been smoking a pack of cigarettes daily for 15 years. I have attempted to quit on several occasions, and the longest I was able to make it was 3 months. The nicotine gum didn't work for me. It just tastes horrible, and the patch was no help at all. The 2 problems that are the hardest for me to overcome have been the habit of smoking, and using it as a crutch to help relieve stress.

Since I have been smoking my entire adult life, everything has always included cigarettes - having a cigarette in the morning with coffee, after a meal, taking a break from the desk at work, road trips, drinking. I could go on and on. That whole routine has seemed insurmountable to change.

Smoking has also been my go to when trying to relax, decompress, and think. Every time that I have quit, that has always been what brings me back to smoking. Something happens that causes anxiety, and at the time, the only thing that I rationalize at the moment is to buy a pack of cigarettes.

I do honestly really want to quit!!! I cannot stand smelling so horrible. I hate the stains i get on my teeth. I hate the amount of money it all costs. It really bothers me that I routinely harm my body, and probably shorten my life, and I feel powerless to change it.

That was all up until last week.

Last week I was given an EVOD battery with a T3S tank from a friend that had tried vaping and didn't enjoy it. I took it to a local Vape shop, and spoke with them quit a bit. They educated me on the vaping basics, and were all ex-smokers themselves. This was all extremely encouraging. They replaced the coil in my T3S hooked me up with a bottle of vanilla custard with 18mg nic and showed me how to use it. They informed me that the device I had was pretty much the most entry level device and encouraged me to purchase something better, but I decided that I wanted to try Vaping first and see if it was something that could help me stop smoking.

Immediately after starting to use this device, I went from smoking 20 to 4-5 daily. I am getting the nicotine that i crave. I do not smell bad, and it seems cheaper. I was super excited that I may have found the solution to keep me away from cigarettes permanently.

I found ECF over the weekend and spent almost the entire weekend reading. After a couple days of research, it seemed like the general consensus was in line with what the B&M store told me. To give myself the best opportunity to quit smoking, I needed to make a better investment in hardware. After much more reading, I chose the HW, a HW vendor, and decided on VW for my first e-juice order.

From MVS I ordered:
Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit
2) LG HG2 18650
Nitecore Digicharger D2
Spare O-ring Set
5 spare coils

From VW I ordered a sample pack. Everything is 12mg 50/50:
Sweet Complexity
(S+C)2
Smurf Cake
On Cloud Custard
Vanilla Clouds
Fruity Freeze

USPS says that everything will be delivered today!

I am very excited that i feel like I finally have the upper hand on my addiction, and I think I will finally be able to give cigarettes the boot!!!

Sorry for the long winded introduction, but thanks for being here to listen! What a great community you guys have here! I am on many other forums for other topics, and haven't seen a single one that it so supportive!!

I am happy to have found you. I'm sure questions will arise, and your forum appears to be the best resource that there is!

Thanks!!!

Congrats on getting off the Stinkies.

You will find some changes in your body.

Breathing better
Sense of taste improving
Sense of smell improving

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Just to fill everyone in on my progress. I have been vaping for 4 weeks now and cigarette free for 3. I have learned a ton and am enjoying everything so far.

This week I took the plunge into rebuilding. For anyone out there that is intimated by this, don't be!!! It is easier than I expected and my Subox vapes better than it did with the premade coils.

I built a 1.2ohm coil with 28g kanthal that I wrapped around the blue screwdriver. It vapes great! I haven't gotten a dry hit yet, but when I do, it will only take a few minutes to rewick. This will also save a bunch of money because the occ coils were only lasting 4days.
View attachment 512363
Congratulations @jjatl both on the quitting and the coil building. I'm coming up to my 2 years cigarette free in a couple of weeks and still haven't built a coil :D I've got some 28g kanthal on order though and have decided that getting into rebuilding will be my New Year's Resolution :shock:

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Congratulations @jjatl both on the quitting and the coil building. I'm coming up to my 2 years cigarette free in a couple of weeks and still haven't built a coil :D I've got some 28g kanthal on order though and have decided that getting into rebuilding will be my New Year's Resolution :shock:

Thanks!!! I am really glad that I made the leap to coil building. It was not perfect the first time but I learned a lot! Even on my first attempt, it only look me 30min to build and wick. That is after overheating and popping the first coil and not using enough cotton the first time wicking.

That does remind me to offer a suggestion to anyone building their first coil.

Do the work over a desk or some surface that you do not care about!!! I was preheating the first coil and adjusting with the ceramic tweezers over my lap. I overheated the coil and it popped and broke off falling and melting a hole through my favorite shirt

I won't make that mistake again!!!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks!!! I am really glad that I made the leap to coil building. It was not perfect the first time but I learned a lot! Even on my first attempt, it only look me 30min to build and wick. That is after overheating and popping the first coil and not using enough cotton the first time wicking.

That does remind me to offer a suggestion to anyone building their first coil.

Do the work over a desk or some surface that you do not care about!!! I was preheating the first coil and adjusting with the ceramic tweezers over my lap. I overheated the coil and it popped and broke off falling and melting a hole through my favorite shirt

I won't make that mistake again!!!

No one's first coil will win any beauty contests. My first coil had long legs and was downright UGLY.

DyrtyByrd

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Ohio
I am glad that you have decided to quit smoking but be sure to do your research before you do any sub ohm vaping. Battery safety is a big issue. It's not as simple as " watch a couple YouTube vids and just go for it" try telling your family that your face got blown off because "some guy on the Internet said it was safe"

Not trying to be negative or condescending, I just want what is best for all.
Happy Vaping!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I am glad that you have decided to quit smoking but be sure to do your research before you do any sub ohm vaping. Battery safety is a big issue. It's not as simple as " watch a couple YouTube vids and just go for it" try telling your family that your face got blown off because "some guy on the Internet said it was safe"

Not trying to be negative or condescending, I just want what is best for all.
Happy Vaping!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Regulated mods are a lot safer than Mech's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread