New vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro77

Jul 29, 2017
So I am still relatively new to vaping. I tried it to get off the anologs. I've been at it now for almost three months and will never look back!!
Around a week ago I had a massive craving for a cigarette and no matter how much i vaped it would not go away. Sad to say I caved and bought a pack. I smoked one and too me it was the most awful thing in the world. After that I swore I'd never smoke again and haven't had the desire to since!!!! To those trying it for the first time, good luck you can do it!!!! Happy vaping!!!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Hello and welcome to ecf :)
Don't worry about cravings btw i still have some after over 3 months too,took a puff last month off of a friend's smoke, almost got sick from it ahah ! If you find you crave too often you could always up the nic levels too,i have a sub 0hm setup and i pretty much do 6mg all the time.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome and congratulations. It's really easy and kind of normal to give in to a craving here and there, or even dual use for a bit after starting vaping. So, don't beat yourself up, just consider all the cigs you HAVEN'T smoked, and return to vaping.

I find I enjoy the first cig, if I fall of the wagon from stress. This causes me to smoke more until I start to hate them, (out of fear, LOL) and then I get a smoking hangover the next day. A few of those cured me of my desire to dual use-- for the most part. I still get the odd craving but they are easier and easier to manage....

Good luck to you and welcome to ECF!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I am still relatively new to vaping. I tried it to get off the anologs. I've been at it now for almost three months and will never look back!!
Around a week ago I had a massive craving for a cigarette and no matter how much i vaped it would not go away. Sad to say I caved and bought a pack. I smoked one and too me it was the most awful thing in the world. After that I swore I'd never smoke again and haven't had the desire to since!!!! To those trying it for the first time, good luck you can do it!!!! Happy vaping!!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Don't feel bad, your not alone with your attitude.
Might like to read:
Still smoking support and chat thread

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
One cigarette in three months? Congratulations, you are doing great! I started vaping in the first week of August, and I still smoke 8 or 9 a day. But that's down from 25 to 30 a day. As Anna wrote, think about the ones you didn't smoke. That perspective allows me to keep a positive attitude.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Welcome. I’ve quit six or seven times in about 48 years of smoking. Once for a few years. Got in a high stress job, had a bad day, smoked one. Poof, right back to smoking. I’ve never lost the urge. I’m sure if I lit one, it would taste just fine. Every day is a victory.

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread