new vapor

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by niccylei, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. niccylei

niccylei Full Member

Hi im new here, and new to vaping. currently i use the vamo v5 and aspire nautilus with bvc coil. experienced many bad coils with the bdc coils so switched to bvc. problem now is if i screw my tank all the way on it floods. if i leave it slightly loose it vapes like a dream. anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? all advice welcome.

2. djsvapour

djsvapour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Is your airflow open when you tighten it up? Sometimes the hole gets nudged around and then the pressure will flood it every time.

How good is your eye sight? When you tighten it up, you can see when the glass touches the silicone seal base...no more than that....

3. niccylei

niccylei Full Member

I always make sure the air holes are closed after a few too many nudges and floods when i first got it. my eye sights pretty good think i may be trying to tighten it up a little too much since how its set now its sat snug on the silicone seal......noobie vaper here. thankyou for the reply

4. SunshinePete

SunshinePete Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome, new vaper. As a previous poster has said, those Aspires need ultra- careful assembly.

5. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome niccylei to ECF. Make sure you tighten down the Aspire Nautilus below the air-holes. When I first started with the Aspire Nautilus I was tightening by the tank....I noticed I was actually loosening up the coil and getting the gurgling and leaking.
    Good Luck to You...Happy Vaping!!!

6. niccylei

niccylei Full Member

thanks for the welcome. and the advice i have been tightening with the tank and not the base.

7. djsvapour

Are you saying the airflow is closed when you tighten up the base into the glass?

Tighten down using the base and keep the airflow hole open. :) Hand tighten the atomiser head every time you refill. (might need a little loo/kitchen roll for your fingers)

8. DaveSignal

DaveSignal Ultra Member Verified Member

It could also be that the positive pin on the bottom of the tank is being pushed in to far by the pin on the Vamo and pushing the coil head upward a bit farther than it wants to go. Many mods offer adjustment for this, but the Vamo does not. But I do have two Nautilus tanks that I used to use with a Vamo and don't have any flooding issues. It could just be that your voltage is too low.

9. niccylei

niccylei Full Member

yes the airflow i always keep closed when im putting it back together after cleaning etc, followed advice from a long time vaper. They claimed the flooding was because i was reassembling with the air flow holes open. took it back to the shop today along with my vamo the guy there changed some settings on the vamo its been working nicely since. i will follow all advice given and hope i have no more issues. thank you for all advice.

10. niccylei

niccylei Full Member

My voltage was low. this was what the shop keeper adjusted for me today.

11. DaveSignal

DaveSignal Ultra Member Verified Member

Oh. The volts have to be high enough to vaprorize the liquid that you are pulling to the coils or it will flood.

12. djsvapour

Well, all I can say is "in the old days" trying to tighten up anything without somewhere for the air to go was a guaranteed flood. Carto tanks etc, all needed a filling system that stopped the juice rushing into the atomizer as the pressure builds. SO, logic tells me, that as a BVC is actually very similar to a carto-tank, unless you keep the airflow open, it will flood.
    OR, put another way, I have only had flooding when I have filled it with the air-hole accidentally closed. So my suggestion goes completely against your friend. Try for yourself, but don't rule what I am saying out. :)
    The choice is yours.

13. djsvapour

Yes, that doesn't help either, I agree. I use my Vamo in VW mode and never drop lower than 9.0w for a mini Nautilus. The problem is sucking too hard when the vapour is poor.
    More power, less sucking! :)

14. niccylei

niccylei Full Member

I wont rule out any advice given and im going to try leaving open the air holes. at this point im willing to try anything so thankyou very much for your replies and advice. also he set my vamo at 7.0w as i had it set much lower.

15. Warpigs

Warpigs Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Welcome to ECF!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.