Status
Not open for further replies.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Hey guys.. I love the idea of the clearos. I have a couple stardusts and they great for no leaks and ease of use but I find the flavors are terribly muted. I also just got some fluxos and less than impressed with those.. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong. They're great on first fill but on one of them I'm getting nasty burnt taste. And once again, muted flavor. I tore one apart and the coil as absolutely black.. is that burned-on juice?? I only used that one for less than a day! And can it be cleaned?

I ordered a Vivi Nova and have high hopes for that one,, I'll be very interested to hear what you guys think of it.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
well cartos were frusterating in the begining,anything will be i suppose, clearos are neater, visibly see when empty , dont burn when dry,dont crack,dont leak, so what about these things dont seem like a good fit for someone new, they take a bit of fidgiting ,but when you got it,you got it, and its great!

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Hey guys.. I love the idea of the clearos. I have a couple stardusts and they great for no leaks and ease of use but I find the flavors are terribly muted. I also just got some fluxos and less than impressed with those.. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong. They're great on first fill but on one of them I'm getting nasty burnt taste. And once again, muted flavor. I tore one apart and the coil as absolutely black.. is that burned-on juice?? I only used that one for less than a day! And can it be cleaned?

I ordered a Vivi Nova and have high hopes for that one,, I'll be very interested to hear what you guys think of it.

with mine assumeing they are simular, it needs a dry burn while its apart,to remove the black,is it a sweet, heavy vg juice?

Last edited:

Chris97b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Houston
I have yet to try the visions, but overall I've been fairly unimpressed by the CE2s and other clearos. They just don't seem to deliver the same strength and TH as the polyfill cartos.

I'll be ordering a few visions with my next order since I feel like I ought to give them a fair shot, but I'm not going to ditch my cartos just yet... ;)

Last edited:

takirb

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
SC
I've got 2 eGO Vision Clearomizers on order, not so much for me, but for my wife. She's still refilling her carto's every night, and pestering me to do it for her most of the time. I currently love my submarine tank w/resurrector though. Once my filler-tip bottle cap comes in, I won't be able to see much difference in ease of use between clearo's and tanks for the most part. The tank holds more, the clearo "may" be easier to swap juices in, but i think i could prolly disassemble/clean a clearo in the same amount of time i can with a tank (about 3 minutes?). If the clearo's work correctly, consistently, it'll be nice not to feel pressured to stock up on cartos. Though my original cartos from a month ago when i started vaping are still in use and doing quite well.

The Viva Nova's on the other hand, i think those will be the best of both worlds. Holds more juice, easily to swap/replace the innards, and no filler to clean. I'm just waiting to hear reviews before i stock up on some of those :)

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Just like all cartomizors are not the same nor are clearomizors ce2, vision,clear O mizor,mad vapes,etc, are not the same, im sure as Micro Cig with the MiT sticker are the only Ce2,clearomizor ultimate,i know the real thing and best at to promote happiness, my previous link shows them on the web at the best price i could find, sounds like any nay sayers did not buy these,those ce2's and dis like them

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
Wow... Lot's of different opinions on this subject...

Please let me reiterate, I preempted my post with "It is my opinion". I respect all of your opinions, so please just try to tolerate my opinion if at all possible. Just passing on what I've learned to new vapors...And, let me be clear; I am talking about the Visions Ego LR Clearomizer only.

Oh... before I forget... TRACKER II- It's your money; I could care less about you and/or how you spend your money.

I can't speak to cracking issues because I haven't experienced any on my Visions Ego LR Clearomizer yet. I can tell you than most other issues discussed in this thread can be resolved with with a slight bit of mechanical ability and by keeping an open mind.

Here's an example. My co-worker tried the Visions Clearomizer today and told me they suck. He told me that before it totally failed, the flavor was muted. He went on to say that "then the thing just died for no reason". I took a look and here is what I found- the flavor was muted because he had his drip tip cranked down so hard that it crimped the wick; not allowing juice to make it's way to the atty. And guess what? His juice was filled to the very brim, which flooded the atty. I handed him a fresh clearomizer, filled and primed it properly, then GENTLY turned the drip tip down until it just barely contacted the rubber cap. He fired it up and was amazed! From junk to amazing- just by keeping an open mind and by taking direction.

I've read that cracking issues may have been resolved on these things, but the jury is out for the time being. In the mean while, if you are experiencing issues with the Visions clearomizer (other than cracks), here are my recommendations to resolve, and here is what I do:

I never fill past 1.4 ml's; never run below .7 ml's (to prevent flooding/dry burn)
I fill (never down the center hole), then lay it horizontally for 10 minutes to prime the wick
I try to leave it laying horizontally when ever I can, so the wick doesn't get dry
I keep the atomizer centered in the unit- When refilling, I reposition if necessary
I do not over-tighten the screw-in drip dip; doing so will crimp the wick; restricting it's wicking properties
I shake often- the clearomizer has a tendency to burn off lighter particles of juice, leaving heavy particles behind. Some people complain the taste goes down-hill as the tank empties. Shaking occasionally eliminates this for me
After every two tanks or so, I simply rinse it out with cold water, shake it out, refill, and vape- it takes a few minutes for the fresh juice to displace the water in the wick- but it's not a big deal.

Lastly, I didn't quit smoking cigarettes to get sick. I don't like the idea of inhaling burnt poly filler material, but feel free to do so if you like. I don't claim to be a health expert, but vaporized plastic coating the lining of my lungs doesn't sound like a "heathy option" for me.

God bless and good night

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
It seems to me that the trend is that people who are new here/to vaping like them and those that have been doing this for awhile don't.

I've never tried them, but I'll stick with cartos. I've done enough reading on them and have decided I don't want to mess with them. I also don't think that saying people are wasting their money on cartos is right. Just because something works for you doesn't mean that the next person is going to feel the same.

It's like if I told all the new people they're wasting their money by not buying mods (even if it's a a KGO, E-Power, etc...) for their first PV. I think mods are great and it eliminates wasting money on upgrading, but they're not right for everyone in the beginning. I wish I bought a mod at first, but I'm sure a lot of people don't feel that way and needed to transition into this.

Another example is the Kanger horizontal coil cartos. A friend of mine bought some and loved them. I used one for a day and hated it. It might have been the liquid I was using, but it was junk IMO.

Lastly, I didn't quit smoking cigarettes to get sick. I don't like the idea of inhaling burnt poly filler material, but feel free to do so if you like. I don't claim to be a health expert, but vaporized plastic coating the lining of my lungs doesn't sound like a "heathy option" for me.

If you keep burning the poly fill you don't really know what you're doing with cartos. I use cartos 95% of the time and rarely get any burnt taste. That usually only happens when I'm drunk and paying no attention to what's going on with my e-cig.

Last edited:

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia

Just by keeping an open mind and taking some direction, I can fix your cartomizer problems for you:
1. Keep them wet.
2. See number 1.

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
I don't know. Been vaping 2.5 years. Carts. WOW carts from V4L my faves. Went with their 808 SC 6ml tank on a Titan XL manual. Loved it. THEN, from Northwest Vapors, the kGo 1100 mAh and from Mountain Vapor, the E-Turbo LR clearomizers. Unbelievable!

(Incidentally, Mountain Vapor included a sample bottle of their Bacconut 18 ml. I long ago gave up trying to find a tobacco flavor I liked. Have stuck with Tasty Vapor's Cafe Machiatto for 1-2 years. Love it. But the Bacconut? Vaped it for half a day, then ordered a 30 ml bottle.)

Haven't had any leaks or cracking with the E-Turbos. No burnt taste. In fact, same great taste and great vapor production from filled to nearly empty. Ordered more E-Turbos (from Mountain Vapor). I've only cleaned one of the E-Turbos, not that it needed it. But I wanted to see how effective cleaning was. Distilled water. Ultrasound. Dry burned 2-3 times, 5 secs on, 5 secs off. Distilled water and ultrasound again (thinking maybe to get any ash out of the atomizer). Shook off. Dry burned. Filled. Vaped. After a few hits, the e-juice replaced the leftover water, as Randy C noted.

E-Turbo performed same as before. I.e., like new.

Don't know if the E-Turbos will deliver what's claimed -- around 100 refills. I vape about 3 ml / day. That's 33 days. $0.21 / day.

But so far, for me, this rig is e-cig nirvana.

The Vivi Novas look VERY interesting (see above) too. I'll be trying those soon.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Genisis is the way to go.

While I agree with you that genesis is the way to go it isn't for anyone who think they dont like "fiddly stuff".

IMO dripping an atty is the least fiddly of any of them. Some may think I am out of my mind but I am telling it the way I see it. I drip a few drops and get 5 or so amazing hits full of flavor and vapor then sit my PV down. Sometimes it wasn't enough so I drip a few more drops and get 5 or so amazing hits again. I get no leaking and no dry hits and no poly taste. How in the heck is this more work than lighting a cig or trying to fill a carto or making a new coil on a genesis? I tried carto's and I spent more time filling them and subsequently dripping them as they go dry throughout the day. Yes a carto tank takes care of the juice feed but it can't do anything for the lackluster performance you get from a carto. So I have genesis atty's and still enjoy dripping just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread