New Vapour user questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouge Soldier

Nov 12, 2014
UK
Hi guys I've got a few question which have probably been asked a million times before so sorry in advance!

I've been smoking for seven years smoking on average 3-5 cigs per day, I mainly go for the silk cut silvers, as I feel the act of smoking for me isn't so much the nicotine hit but just the sensation. I bought a vapourstick yeseterday and have a few questions.

1. How do refills work, as I've seen that you can buy some kind of liquid to refil e-cigs but also you can buy tanks with liquid in?

2. apparently I'm meant to get 600 puffs from my tank but honestly I can see it being gone by tommorow as the liquid drains, is there a average time I should hold the button down?

3. Is there enough research supporting this is a better choice to actual ciggarettes in terms of health?

4. Can I use refills that arent specific to the vapestick brand? (By this I mean refills made by different companies)

Many thanks

ethereality

Nov 13, 2014
Philadelphia
Hi! I'm new as well, so I can't answer all of your questions, but I know I struggled a bit with your second question as well. I was reading places that I should be getting somewhere around 400 - 500 puffs per tank, but I typically only get 250 - 300. It really depends on the size of your drags. I take large drags often (as I'm usually just looking for the nicotine fix) so I may not be getting as many puffs as someone who, for example, takes small casual puffs throughout the day.

As for the health concerns, a lot of research claims that vaping is astronomically more healthy than smoking actual cigarettes; however, there's also a lot of claims on the contrary, stating that vaping is just as unhealthy. Being that vaping is still considered "new", there have been, to my knowledge, no real long-term studies. I know that VG & PG are generally considered safe substances and most companies allow you to choose your nicotine strength based on your needs/sensitivity. Many companies also use organic ingredients and stray away from more questionable artificial substitutes. I know for me, personally, vaping has been an exceptionally pleasant experience compared to cigarettes in terms of well-being. My chest and lungs don't feel awful afterwards. My breath is substantially more pleasant, etc.

As I said, I'm still new to this as well and have a lot to learn, but I hope I have helped a little. :)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
1. How do refills work, as I've seen that you can buy some kind of liquid to refil e-cigs but also you can buy tanks with liquid in?

Depends on the type of tank / topper, the better ones will allow you to easily add eliquid and some will also have replaceable coils.

2. apparently I'm meant to get 600 puffs from my tank but honestly I can see it being gone by tommorow as the liquid drains, is there a average time I should hold the button down?

Umm, long enough to get a satisfying amount of vapor for YOU...everyone is a bit different, it's about 6-8 seconds for me.

3. Is there enough research supporting this is a better choice to actual ciggarettes in terms of health?

In a word....YES!! Check out some links...The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 - onVaping

4. Can I use refills that arent specific to the vapestick brand? (By this I mean refills made by different companies)

You can use any refills or toppers that have the same threading as your battery. The most popular today is the 510 / eGo threaded.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The nicotine content is determined by whatever eliquid you use to fill the tank, carto or topper, and 0mg/mL eliquid is easily available. For a beginner kit a eGo style or Evod battery is simple, easy to use. Topped off with a Protank Mini or Nautilus Mini or Evod tank, each has replaceable coils and are easy to fill.

The available flavors are nearly endless, any combination that someone can think up. Finding what suits your tastes is a bit of trial and error, so try small bottles until you find the ones that strike your fancy.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Rouge Soldier.

If you want to vape zero or low nicotine and get some throat hit, your best bet is to look into a product called "Bitextra" sold by Flavourart UK

http://www.flavourart.co.uk/

Now... the bad news. Vapestick is a rip-off brand. It's all over-priced junk and they lie about all their products.

All the claims they make about puffs and "cigarettes-worth" are bad science.

Now, talking of science... YES! Vaping is far, far, safer than smoking.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2014/11/10-experts-benefits-of-e-cigs-on-video.html

and NO! don't buy stuff from them either. It's all crazy prices.

Hi, I use kangertech battery and evod clearomizer, any liquid in a bottle will go in any clearomizer, just pour it in, work out a lot cheaper than the cartomizer ones which have the liquid in them already, since your on 3-5cigs per day I would start with the lower mg of e-liquids possibly 6mg if that was too strong you can get 0mg and mix the 2 bottles which would give you 3mg, a bottle would probably last you about a month, there is a larger selection of flavours for e-liquid,iron bru, Turkish deligt and many many more, so you never get bored, if you can try them 1st it is better, as there are some horrid ones.If getting an ecig go for the branded ones as a lot of the cheap ones around a tenner fall apart, main brands are Kangertech, vision, innokin, aspire seego, sigelei, but go to somewhere reputable as there is more conterfiet on the market than genuine, hope this long winded response helps:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread