• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I've asked several new members to introduce themselves... then I remembered :light bulb clicks to ON: most of our new members can't start a new thread until the post count goes up.

So... if you haven't taken the time to introduce yourself here in this thread (even you "ol' timers" can give a bit of your history and if you already did in another thread, please feel free to post again here so new folks can get to know you as they join!). Please don't be shy if you are new... go ahead and post here after you join!

Some ideas are to tell how you found e-cigs and what model you started with/what you use now. Also interesting is if you have quit smoking, how you found the ECF, what you do for a living, how long you have been vaping, why you picked your Avatar and hobbies or activities you enjoy. No limits or requirements, just tell us what ever you would like us to know about you.

Don't forget to check out all the other threads in our VIP Social Group Forum when you have time to get the details about our monthly get together, see pictures and figure out our members (good luck there...). It is a motley crew of great Zonies.:p

Welcome to VIP!
V.

invo

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Hi All!

I've been vaping for about a month with a 901dse and have been "analog" free since. I across the ECF while researching ecigs before buying one. I am glad the hours of research paid off by allowing me to come across this local group that share the same interests.

My hobbies include vaping, drinking, hiking, fishing, target shooting, gaming, and cooking.

I look forward to attending the next meeting!

-invo

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Howdy Pilgrim,

I run The UPS Store at the nw corner of Gilbert Rd & McKellips.

I was an anolog and pipe smoker for 45 years. When the prices of anologs hit $50.00 I started RYO. Then our new President raised the taxes on RYO tobacco 600%. Now understand the only difference between RYO tobacco and Pipe tobacco is the way the leaf is cut and pipe tobacco taxes where not raised????? Our government at work!!!

So I started RYO pipe tobacco along with smoking my pipes. Then one of my customers comes into the store sucking on this weird thing. I asked her want it was and she showed me an Njoy. That started me researching and I found ECF which led me to VIP in Phoenix. I now have several 901s, 801s, 601s (trashed my 701 cigars) and a Prodigy. And as you can see from the bottom of my post have been off real tobacco for a little while now.

This e-cig thing is really starting to become my favorite hobby. I am DIY'n my own juice and really enjoying the whole process.

Hello Fellow Vapers,

My husband FishStyx and I Tammietutu have been analog free for 14 days now! We are loving it.

We have been smokers for 25 years and the raise in taxes on cigarettes did it for us, as well as our son of 12 years bugging us to quit smoking, signed the deal! We both feel much better, and are enjoying trying out new flavors.
We use the 510 and it seems to work well. (Thanks to Terraphon for his reviews and suggestions. He is the one who led us to the 510 and this forum.) We are planning on getting the smokers in our family on board with the e-cigs as well.
We are computer geeks, and love to watch movies and are avid readers, campers, and like playing poker and video games!

We look forward to meeting you all soon, and thanks for having us in the VIP Club.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Tammie (tutu, LOL) and FishStix (more lol) WELCOME.

S.W. Phoenix? I'm in Surprise and Terraphon is about 2 miles from me as well. Where are you at?

Hope you can make our next meeting. Date hasn't been set yet (waiting to talk to Hazelwood's on Monday). Check the VIP forum often for the new thread announcing the date.

Alientropy

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
HI.. I'm so glad to have found this forum,

I was interested in Ecigs from some radio advertisement I had heard ... and luckily this forum pointed me in the right direction so that I didn't waste a bunch of money on inferior products that I had heard advertised on the radio...

Thank E-cigarette-forum =):)

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Well where to start ---

I have been smoking for 40 years with a combination of cigarettes and pipes. The last 15 it has been mostly pipes, using cigarettes only when a pipe wasn't convienient.

I found e-cigs at the Chandler Mall, and talked to the Smoking Everywhere guy for a while. Fortunately, I didn't buy the $150.00 one that day, and did my homework first. After running accross the forum, I decided my first try should be a pen-style. Being the impatient type, I didn't want to order one and NJoy is close to where I work. Picked up a kit and immediately quit cigarettes. I don't expect that I will drop the pipes as smoking and collecting them has been a hobby for many years. (Unlike the cigarettes, I actually enjoy the pipes.)

Found out real quick that one isn't nearly enough. I started buying batteries and attys, and now have 3 pen-styles and 3 901s. I am smoking zero nicotine and am a chockoholic so you can guess my flavor of choice.

I hope to make one of the meetings, as it would be great to talk to more expierienced e-smokers and the opportunity to meet a couple of the local vendors.

Bob

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Bob!
Have you seen the wood bowl e-pipes? They are really awesome, lovely wood...
pipe%20box.jpg

This one is from EastMall.
Vicky

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Vicky
I did see e-pipes on some of the sites, but not in person. Not sure I could make myself use an electronic pipe -- just doesn't seem right considering the years I have been collecting the real ones.

The e-cigs I have are a great replacement for cigarettes, but don't put out enough vapor to compete with a good pipe filled with my favorite tobacco. From what I have been reading, maybe something along the lines of the Screwdriver would work without compromising my thing for pipes.

I have found, over the last month, that I am smoking a couple less pipes per day. (Must be the chocolate flavor liquid I am hooked on.)

Bob

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
It is my understanding from Ed at EastMall that these have a large atomizer and produce great vapor. He almost had me talked into one, ha.

The french pipe liquid is a great imitator of pipe tobacco (I've been using it in my 801). It is the most tobacco like flavor I've ever found. I'll bring some along for you to try out at the next meeting. I figure any time you can get away from 'baccy you are that much better off, but hey, when you like something, you like something.

Maybe one for the collection, ha. Hmmm, I think Gary (Gswan) has a e-pipe... he might be able to bring his to let you check out.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I've asked several new members to introduce themselves... then I remembered :light bulb clicks to ON: most of our new members can't start a new thread until the post count goes up.

So... if you haven't taken the time to introduce yourself here in this thread (even you "ol' timers" can give a bit of your history and if you already did in another thread, please feel free to post again here so new folks can get to know you as they join!). Please don't be shy if you are new... go ahead and post here after you join!

Some ideas are to tell how you found e-cigs and what model you started with/what you use now. Also interesting is if you have quit smoking, how you found the ECF, what you do for a living, how long you have been vaping, why you picked your Avatar and hobbies or activities you enjoy. No limits or requirements, just tell us what ever you would like us to know about you.

Don't forget to check out all the other threads in our VIP Social Group Forum when you have time to get the details about our monthly get together, see pictures and figure out our members (good luck there...). It is a motley crew of great Zonies.:p

Welcome to VIP!
V.

I vape on a dse901, add some VG to my juice and I am loving it. Its the only one I have...I want an 801/manual batts or even some manual batts for my 901. I quit analogs cold turkey when my kit arrived and havent missed it a bit.

The rest shall remain a mystery LOL....The avatar and my user name pretty much sums it all up. Im alwys saying "WTF" about stupid stuff hahaha See Yall Soon Terrie

damunster

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Hi everyone
New to the forum and so glad I found it. Hubby and myself started vaping about 3 months ago. I was a 40+ year smoker and I could tell it was getting to me. We are so glad we found the e cigs. Hubby (he will be signing up here soon) works for Fry's Elec. and saw someone using one and inquired about it. It was an Njoy. I told my little sister (in FL) about them and she went online, did all the leg work. We are currently using a DSE901 with no problems. Favorite tobacco flavor is Flue Cured. His flavor is caramel and mine would be cherry (I am having a problem getting a good flavor)
We are home bodies for the most part, play EQ, like to go for long drives. He loves SyFy.
We hope to go to the next meeting and meet others who enjoy vaping. Want to learn more about mixing and all the other tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread