• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhxR0b

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Glendale, Az
+1 n00b to the VIP crew!

Hey everyone, I'm Rob. Truth be told, I've been trolling around these forums for the better part of 3 months or so and finally took the plunge. I started vaping largely in part to the fact that I'm still young enough to feel the pressure of a haranging mother when it comes to my smoking habit lol. Though at the same time, I along with everyone else know that regardless of how much you smoke...it's unhealthy. I've gotten pretty familiar with cleaning and refilling cartridges, keeping the batteries charged, and telling the difference between an empty cart and a dead battery. No burned attys yet! *knocks on wood*.

Other than being a beginning vaper, I can best be described as a career oriented (aka "I work all the time") individual with an extremely smart .../sarcastic sense of humor.

See you 9/19!

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
+1 n00b to the VIP crew!

Hey everyone, I'm Rob. Truth be told, I've been trolling around these forums for the better part of 3 months or so and finally took the plunge. I started vaping largely in part to the fact that I'm still young enough to feel the pressure of a haranging mother when it comes to my smoking habit lol. Though at the same time, I along with everyone else know that regardless of how much you smoke...it's unhealthy. I've gotten pretty familiar with cleaning and refilling cartridges, keeping the batteries charged, and telling the difference between an empty cart and a dead battery. No burned attys yet! *knocks on wood*.

Other than being a beginning vaper, I can best be described as a career oriented (aka "I work all the time") individual with an extremely smart .../sarcastic sense of humor.

See you 9/19!

Smartass....AND Sarcastic?????? I am not sure hes gonna fit in....LMAO ROFL Heeeeheee

Welcome PhxRob!

Last edited:

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Well I thought I would start by introducing myself first. My name is Mike and I have been an Analog smoker for about 15 years. I have just started Vaping the first of September. The reason I started vaping is that as you know Arizona has gone to FSC and I don't know what is in them but I have been having a problem with them. I first heard of PV on the radio and then saw an ad online for Blu. So I went to Vegas a couple of weeks ago and we were on Fremont Street. I walked right by a smokeing everywhere stand. I was going to try one but I didn't like there sales tatics, so I just walked away. Well I got home and started doing some research on the internet. Found this site and now have been checking out everything. I finaly decided to place an order and found Chad and his store so I placed an order with him and he filled the order very fast and even called b/c I was local. I missed his call but my order was there in my mail box very fast. Started with a 501 setup and I like it...

As of the 9th I stoped "Smoking Analogs" I was using a little over a pack a day. Well I hope to make a meeting one of these days and meet all of you. I still have to find out if I can make the next meeting on the 19th.

Happy vaping

Mike

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Mike! Wow, sounds like you have done it the right way so far! Most of us came to a PV by purchasing through one of those stands. I look at them as an admission fee now. Ha.

Check out all the threads in the VIP forum, we've got a fun meeting coming up next Saturday. Hope you can make it!

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Southern Arizona
Hi everyone. Vicky was kind enough to invite me here, even tho I'm an 'outsider' so to speak. I live in Sierra Vista.

I'm a retired Postmaster who is trying to quit (or at least slow down) a 40+ year old habit. I ordered a 510 and it should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to try it! Please be patient if I ask some dumb questions? There is SO much I don't know.

The first one is...How do I go about joining the Arizona group?

Cintra

Sep 16, 2009
Surprise, Az.
Hello everyone. My name is Debbie and im new to Arizona and also new to e-cigs. Have been a long time smoker and am looking forward to trying out something new. My husband Phillip is not a smoker but is tolerant of my bad, expensive habbit.

Phillip is currently attending RSI and will be done in Feb. I am just hanging out at home still doing some unpacking. We have been in Az. since the first of June, lived with my parents for 2 months while we looked for a house. We looked at over 50 houses in 1 month before we found one we liked. I promised him a house with a pool so that made it more difficult. We moved here from Washington state, although Phillip is Canadian

We love living in Surprise, but it seems hard to meet people in the neighborhood. Last time we moved in Wa. we met all our neighbors the very next day when they all came over to welcome us to the neighborhood. Maybe because its not 100+ degrees in wa ? I dunno lol.

I am very happy to have found this forum and this group. There is a ton of information here it can be overwhelming for a newb like me! I just hope my brain can process it all.

Hope to meet some of you on the 19th!

Cintra

Sep 16, 2009
Surprise, Az.
Oh I forgot to add, Phillip is an avid mt. biker, we both like computers, have played wow for many years now, but not so much lately with moving and house hunting. I like to garden and LOVE hummingbirds. We are enjoying our pool and look forward to some cooler weather so we can enjoy the tennis, basketball and volleyball courts in our sub division.
We like having pizza and movie night on the weekends.

We are looking forward to exploring the area and finding new things to do.

We are sad we had to leave our little beagle behind when we moved and miss her alot.

We are going to the zoo later today when Phillip gets out of school. Free admision with a fry's vip card.

Well thats it for now!

Debbie

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I did some online research in early July and got my first starter kit, a DSE 901, from e-Smokey Treats on July 22nd. After having been a cigarette and cigar smoker for 35 years, I haven't had either since my first vape. Since then, I've purchased additional attys and batteries for the 901 and about 2 weeks ago, picked up a 510. I LOVE the 510 and the 901 parts have sat idle ever since. Unlike what's displayed in a lot of people's banners, I haven't saved a dime....but I haven't smoked either and that's a trade-off I'm willing to make.

I've made purchases through RMV, e-Smokey Treats, and Electro-Nic-Stix and had great customer service and great products from each. About a week and a half ago, I found Aroma Juice's website and emailed Jerry. We met so I could buy some juice and I think it's great. Jerry hooked me up with some 26 mg 555, Hilton, Marboro, and RY4. Great juice and great service!

I'm looking forward to Saturday and I'm hoping some of the local vendors bring their wares. I prefer to "stay local" with my spending and hopefully, this will be a chance to skip the USPS and the out of state vendors. Any chance there'll be some 510 batteries for sale? Juice?

I did a little recon to Hazelwood's last week. Great TV coverage of college football, very cold beer at $2.50 and pint, and an excellent menu. Add to this the possibility of picking up some gear and life's looking pretty damn good for Saturday!

Boom

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Boom,
Welcome. Glad you found Hazelwood's to be as great as I did. We all have a good time there.

This month is a busy one for our Supplier's. Jerry and Matt had prior commitments and John has obligations with the Boy Scouts that day but will have someone from PHX Smokeless bring some starter kits down for sale (they finally have 510's in).

I've sent Chad another email to ask him if he will be there this month and about bringing 510 parts (as well as others) and passthroughs, kits, etc.

Not our usual Supplier turnout. Happens.

We'll have a good time seeing everyone's gear and new Battery Modifications. Mine just got here yesterday! No batteries yet (on the way from China).

See you all Saturday!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm sorry you can't go! I'm bringing my new Little Chuck (just posted her pics on the thread).

Might want to swing by after you get off work if you are close by or call and see if some of us are still there? I'd imagine I'll be there until 3 or 4:00. If I know for sure what time you will get there, I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread