• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Romm

Oct 8, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hey there!

My name is Jack and I am currently a student at ASU, I am on the downtown phoenix campus and I actually started vaping as a way to just get my nicotine fix while I was in places I couldn't smoke, but now I am fully tobacco-free. I just got my a week ago Itaste MVP V2 and that was my impetus to really stop smoking once and for all! I am feeling great and I cannot wait to see everyone at the upcoming central PHX Meetup.

Dr_Romm

Oct 8, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Jack! Congrats on quitting and welcome to the group! I hear that the campus allows vaping (as long as you aren't near something they deem flammable, LOL).

We look forward to seeing you next Sunday at the meet!

They certainly do allow vaping, or rather they don't prohibit it. The new policy on tobacco use is kind of funny like that. E-cigs are only supposed to be used outside (and away from flammable things like you said), Buuut I usually just vape in my room or I will accompany my smoking friends outside to the dirt lot. I think that the new ASU policy prohibiting tobacco use on campus could prove to be the impetus behind a surge in vaping at ASU if students are educated about the benefits of E-cigs. Especially on Tempe where it is much more difficult to find somewhere off-campus to smoke, on the downtown campus it is as simple as the dirt lot behind the dorms, so I would say the new policy is less effective downtown.

P.S. Can't wait for the meet-up!

Hello. I don't really need to tell you how long I've been vaping because of my banner down there :) but i have been analog free since. I started with a bluCig and am now using a SMOKTech SID. I hope to get into rebuildables soon as well :) Just call me Pork

I hope to attend one of the meetings some time in the future as well

Last edited:
Hello Phoenix Vaporers! I am new to the forum and new to the world of vaping. After 16 years I have decided to kick analogs for something less detrimental to my health.

I decided on a whim to try a disposable L.A. Vape hookah pen and was hooked immediately. I enjoyed the taste so much more than analogs. It just made sense to switch. Disposables are not cost effective though.

To get started I purchased a Vapor-X XLT from my local Trails with a bottle of VODA vapor liquid. I have since learned that smoke/head shops are to be avoided like the plague but not until I found this forum. In short, I have been largely discouraged after my first experience with my refillable. The vapor tastes like chemical and leaves a film feeling in my throat.

This weekend I plan to head out on an adventure to the local vapor stores. (I live in Paradise Valley if anybody has suggestions.). I don't want to give up on vaping and really want to quit the nasty analog habit.

I hope to be able to learn and contribute as a member of this community but it will take some time to get my feet wet. Right now I feel as if I am looking at calculus equations in my first year of pre-algebra! It is a little overwhelming.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Welcome Riley_Martin and Congrats! Happy New Year too! You will find many helpful vapers here. finding the "right" combination of devices, attys/cartos/tanks and liquids is the only real learning curve/hurdle to start and get settled into vaping. Ultimately, the "learning curve" continues as there is always more to try, new gear, new liquids, etc. But you do have to try a few different of each and different combinations to get more settled into vaping. Vape meets are a great way to meet vapers in person and try different gear, liquids, etc. Phoenix/Az has several and you can learn about them in this sub-forum and the Facebook Groups too. You may want to start here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoenix.vapors/

Best wishes, grats again, and welcome to a new chapter and adventure!

Hey there, been vaping for about a month or two. Bought a little 1000 mah and a blank atomizer, have since bought two Vamo v5 and a innokin itaste vtr,,( bought the vtr at synergy on McClintock) use kangertech II and couple three's and just bought a KAYFUN Lite Plus and a couple of the new Kangertech aero clarimisers. I am still not very good at the verbage on any of this stuff. As you can probably tell.
I live in Maricopa out in the sticks close to Hidden Valley. I drive truck over the road and am home once or twice a month.
I was smoking two packs a day and am now down to a pac a week and hopefully will be down to zero soon. Nice to know that there are other people out there.
Mike hawkins

Beighn

Apr 12, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Long time forum reading, today just started posting. I was a 3 pack of day smoker for the last 10 years and smoked a pack to 2 packs a day for another 15 years before that. I actually started the e-cigalites (crown seven) back in early 2000s, I thought it was a great idea, didn't taste too bad and easy to transport since I am a stagehand and always on the move. They didn't do anything to help me quit but I continued on with them and continued to smoke even more as my stress levels raised from day to day. Well one day I went into a local smoke shop to buy more carts to find out that they weren't ordering them anymore because the EVODs were selling more. I laughed and tried to explain that I was a stagehand and when hanging from the lighting truss it would be impossible to fill a tank while being upside down 60 ft in the air where the cigalites were convenient to use in my job. Well to make a short story very long, she talked me into a EVOD starter kit. To be honest, I wasn't happy at first that I needed to buy all new equipment and now juices also. I went home, while the battery was charging I finished off my last few smokes and questioned the whole vaping concept. Once the battery was charged and tank was filled, I took my first inhale and I was sold, not only sold but since that day I have not touched another smoke or even craved one. That was around 6 months ago. I cant even tell you how long I've been smoke free now because I just don't think about it anymore. Within weeks I was already moved on to VV/VW devices and even bought my first mechanical mod (Magneto) with a Kayfun lite so that I could build my own coils. I also started creating my own e-juices since most of the store bought ones just didn't taste good to me. Lets just say I dived in head first and have not regretted it since. It has become my adult Lego set and enjoy creating and showing off juices to mod combos. I've converted several of my friends over to vaping and can't wait to preach the gospel of vaping to anyone else that wants to listen. Vaping has saved my life, made my wife extremely happy that the house don't smell like smoke anymore, and gave me something to be excited about. I never showed off my pack of smokes but I get all giddy when I'm showing off my Kayfun lite on either my mvp 2 or magento (on waiting list for my Hana Modz v3 :( ) And a huge thank you to the ECF members, I've learned a lot of what to do, not to do, and what is recommended for beginning to expert levels. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread