• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Now.. I know I was in the Navy..but I'm strictly hetero..*Flashes Man Card* SEE!??
LOL... Look on the back Ratman... it was revoked by your wife the day you got married. (tee hee)

Uh, people... can we move this discussion over to the DIY thread... this thread is for new S.G. members to introduce themselves and ummm, I'm afeared we'll make them not want to join if they read all this, ha. :D

HoneyBear

Aug 11, 2009
Gilbert AZ
Hey all!
I'm Bill from Gilbert. My wife Marie and I started vaping about June, started with a starter kit from Blu and have since gone wild with ecis
and Totally Wicked batts and attys. Just started juicing with juice from Wet your Stick, which we learned about from this forum, so thanks for all the info on that!
Hope to get to meet you all through the regular forums here!

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hey all!
I'm Bill from Gilbert. My wife Marie and I started vaping about June, started with a starter kit from Blu and have since gone wild with ecis
and Totally Wicked batts and attys. Just started juicing with juice from Wet your Stick, which we learned about from this forum, so thanks for all the info on that!

Welcome to the nut house Bill & Marie! It's a fun and friendly group of people in here so don't be shy! Wet Your Stick has great stuff and Matt provides some excellent service! Aroma e-juice (http://www.aromaejuice.com) is another local supplier that carries some different flavors from Wet Your Stick and also provides excellent service so you may want to check him out as well.

We also have 2 hardware suppliers (E-Cig supply at http://ecigsupply.com , and PHX Somkeless at PHX SMOKELESS CIGARETTES - - The future in smokeless cigarettes is here!) locally that make deals specifically for the VIP group from time to time if you haven't discovered them yet.

Welcome!

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey all!
Welcome Bill (and Marie!). Glad you found Matt. A good guy!

Hope you'll be able to come to meets. There is a Sticky Thread posted with the info. for the next one (October 17th).

HoneyBear

Aug 11, 2009
Gilbert AZ
Actually, Bill is Bear, Marie is Honeybear. But she has the facebook account
that this is linked through!! So Honeybear actually works for Bill, I'm man enuff, I don't mind!! Oh wait....I'm married, so my man card is revoked!!
Dang DesertRat! They got me too!!

Going to try to make it to the next meet....unfortunately we have no babysitter available for our little ones, so that may not happen!!
I've actually been lurking around for about 2 months, just sort of watching....I feel like i know most of you just from reading your previous posts!!

New to the whole scene. Not a Nico-user, but I do enjoy the occasional cigar. After having a long discussion with a coworker who started vamping already, I decided to give it a try.

So far, I have ordered my 510 kit from Cignot and my flavors from diyflavorshack. I have to say, ordering the flavors was much harder than ordering the unit. Since I was not interested in the nicotine, weeding out all those suppliers who do not sell nicotine free juice took many, many hours.

I have found, on this site, so many wonderful and insightful posts, I plan on being at this site for a long time.

Now is the wait for the items to arrive and enjoy the wonderful flavors vamping has to offer!

Crooooooow!

Aug 28, 2009
Arizona
Oi! Hey everyone, my name is Brett and I am a nicoholic. I feel like a poser, because my girlfriend and I have not quit analogs yet. I still smoke like a freight train LOL. Its been a slow process jumping on the ecig bandwagon. Mostly due to upfront costs. We have currently 1 working 510 (on its last leg), and two working BE112's. Its a hit and miss. We are planning on stocking up on some extra batts, attys, and e liq to make the final leap into a cigarette free lifestyle. So far, the e cig isnt as satisfying with that first cup of coffee in the morning or the beer after work as an analog so far. Another turn off besides the up front costs, is that we can hardly taste the flavors of e liquids we have purchased. How ever, we are resilient, and shall keep on the path.

miakauisan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Don't worry about the "no tasting" part. I couldn't taste most of the flavors let alone distinguish between flavors. The only one I could really taste, at first, was the coffee...it tasted so one dimensional. Like...if you were to take instant folgers, take out the bitter flavor, add just a pinch of sugar and then shove it in your mouth...Yum.

After about a week I noticed more flavors coming out. The coffee tastes more like a cup with a bit of sugar and I can tell the difference between the RY4 and the flue cured. No HOLY CRAP! THAT'S AMAZING! yet...but I'm getting my tastes back.

It's kinda weird. As a chef I NEED my taste. Even while I was smoking I could taste and smell things that others couldn't. I'm curious as to how this will work out for me when I get full usage of my nose and tongue :D:D

Good luck!

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
Welcome!

Hang in there if possible. If you can get off the analogs, you will be SO happy.

When I started, I couldn't taste the juice much either. Plus rookie mistake I only had two flavors. The nic I was getting was enough to get me off the analogs. Then I explored the world of more juices than I had originally bought and I never looked back.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Oi! Hey everyone, my name is Brett and I am a nicoholic. I feel like a poser, because my girlfriend and I have not quit analogs yet. I still smoke like a freight train LOL. Its been a slow process jumping on the ecig bandwagon. Mostly due to upfront costs. We have currently 1 working 510 (on its last leg), and two working BE112's. Its a hit and miss. We are planning on stocking up on some extra batts, attys, and e liq to make the final leap into a cigarette free lifestyle. So far, the e cig isnt as satisfying with that first cup of coffee in the morning or the beer after work as an analog so far. Another turn off besides the up front costs, is that we can hardly taste the flavors of e liquids we have purchased. How ever, we are resilient, and shall keep on the path.

Welcome Croooooow! Hang in there! I was just like you when I first started, I couldn't taste anything which was a bit disappointing, but stick with it and I promise it will get better. If you can swing it at all (and the VIP meetings are a great place to do this) you should try some different e-cig models. Different models DO make a difference. I tried and bought several before I settled on one. My guess is that you need more vapor production than you're getting with your 510. 510's are pretty good (it's one of my favorites and my everyday pv) and one of the better vapor producers, but there are some mods out there that are veritable fog machines. The important thing is to not give up. YOu may want to kick up your nic level too if your current one isn't doing it for you (assuming you're not already vaping above 36mg). Good luck! And welcome to VIP. It's a GREAT group of people in here that will answer any questions you have, so feel free to ask!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Brett!
Glad you made it in! (Yes, I'm still stalking Zonies on the forum, lol).

I agree that Coffee flavor is what made vaping better for me (I ordered Marlboro with my first e-cig thinking I wanted the ciggy experience... wrong for me!).

The liquid suppliers at our meeting are great about letting everyone taste their flavors. I'm sure you'll find one. I also highly recommend Menthol (I NEVER smoked gaggy menthol cigs, hated it if I had to bum one and that was all that was available). It kicks you in the throat and gives a satisfying vape. Dunno why. Might be one for you to check out!

I also use a 510 and a penstyle (801, BE112, 302, RN4072). Bring yours along, and we'll see if we can't get yours fogging right!! There will be lots of models of PVs and battery mods to see and try out at the meeting too.

Again, welcome to the group!!

Crooooooow!

Aug 28, 2009
Arizona
Thank you very much for your kind words! Im glad to hear that others have experienced the lack of flavor when starting e cigs. Im hoping on making my own version of the laser pen mod in the next month or so, and I would love to see other peoples mods. Im not sure if we can make the next meeting (due to work scheduling) but possibly the next one. We live in a small town called Arivaca, about halfway from Tucson and the mexico border. Thanks again for the warm welcome and we wish you all happy vaping!

Cheers

btrfly

Jul 22, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Hi Brenda here from Mesa. 7 kids ages 8-31. NO COMMENTS. lol. Only three at home. Grandma of two.

Smoked for, lets see, oh 28 years. Bought a bad ecig and actually quit smoking when I got it. Then found this forum and got the 510. So far my favorite, other then the battery. Got the 901. Sorry people 510 still my favorite.

Have an 801 sitting at the post office (taking a shower when they came and my kids actuallly listened to me and didn't answer ther door) darn!!!

My favorite e liquid is Cappuccino from choice vapor. Matts eliquid at wetyoursticks is great too. And you get it FAST!!!!

Smoke free since July 5th, 09.

The action of smoking was my problem, and this takes care of that. I was a two pack a day smoker. I have to have something to do with my hands.

I actually live right across the Tempe line in North-West Mesa.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I have an idea.....I think we should talk Hellen into making an inventory list of ALL her 901, 801, 510 and whatever else shes got. Then at the next meeting we can write down our guesses as to...lets say..for example: how many 801 atomizers she has or how many 901 batteries she has and then who ever comes closest without going over gets a free one of whatever they were guessing...LOL Or whatever......I just am curious as to how many items Hellens got stashed away LMAO Im sure she has more than I could imagine.

Oh crap.....did I just try to give away your stuff for free? My bad Hellen...hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread