New Vision Spinner, general questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all! I've been perusing the forum since Christmas, when my boyfriend got me my Vision Spinner. I smoke about 1.5 packs a day and am just tired of it. The money, the coughing, the smell, etc. It took me a few days and a visit to where he bought it, but I think now I'm getting the hang of it. I'm on 12 mg 40/60, which to be honest, still seems a little high. Gets me a little dizzy with a small headache. I'm keeping the spinner at it's lowest volt. But the more I use it, the more I'm kind of getting the hang of 'how' to hit it, to make it a bit more smooth, how to let it 'warm up' a bit before actually hitting it, etc, and it's getting better and better. I'm stoked. I've already named it Zelda. : )

So. Here are my questions: I've heard there are different, um....top pieces (lol, sorry, I'm a noob), that you can get, and that they can affect the draw, the taste, etc. For this specific vaporizer, I'm looking for any options or suggestions, and advice on how exactly they could be different than what it actually came with. I'm EXTREMELY new to this, and don't know much at all, obviously.

My second question: I'm definitely having an issue with coughing and throat burn, but it's such a low dose, on such a low volt, I'm kind of wondering why. The guy at the store said I shouldn't be having any, but I understand everyone is different. I guess it strikes me as odd because of how much I smoke analog wise.

Again, I appreciate any input!

Emily

Whatever you end up with, consider all the posts here recommending a tank with airflow control (helped me with harsh draw) and I'll add stainless steel to that. Brand is a personal choice. Kanger aerotank mini or aspire nautilus mini have those specs and aren't expensive

Are those two tanks compatible with the Vision Spinner?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi, all! I've been perusing the forum since Christmas, when my boyfriend got me my Vision Spinner. I smoke about 1.5 packs a day and am just tired of it. The money, the coughing, the smell, etc. It took me a few days and a visit to where he bought it, but I think now I'm getting the hang of it. I'm on 12 mg 40/60, which to be honest, still seems a little high. Gets me a little dizzy with a small headache. I'm keeping the spinner at it's lowest volt. But the more I use it, the more I'm kind of getting the hang of 'how' to hit it, to make it a bit more smooth, how to let it 'warm up' a bit before actually hitting it, etc, and it's getting better and better. I'm stoked. I've already named it Zelda. : )

So. Here are my questions: I've heard there are different, um....top pieces (lol, sorry, I'm a noob), that you can get, and that they can affect the draw, the taste, etc. For this specific vaporizer, I'm looking for any options or suggestions, and advice on how exactly they could be different than what it actually came with. I'm EXTREMELY new to this, and don't know much at all, obviously.

My second question: I'm definitely having an issue with coughing and throat burn, but it's such a low dose, on such a low volt, I'm kind of wondering why. The guy at the store said I shouldn't be having any, but I understand everyone is different. I guess it strikes me as odd because of how much I smoke analog wise.

Again, I appreciate any input!

Emily

hello chemicalemily , welcome to ECF

so you have a Vision Spinner eGo battery (1600, 1300, 850 ?)
can you find a picture and post of what topper tank is on it ?
you said 40/60%, that would be the blend of PG and/or VG
for me (and many others) high PG content irratates my throat
check into your ‘blend’ (try a high VG ratio 30/70VG)
the coil inside (topper tank) that makes the vapor is typically rated
@ 1.5-1.8-2.0-2.2 Ω’s ; the lower the number, the HOTTER the vape will be

so putting together a guess, you are using 60% PG with a 1.5Ω coil
which to me would be harsh (just a guess remember)

so see if you can find out that stuff, come back and ASK more qustions
we’ll get ya fix’d up right…
:)

suggestion
- Kanger EVOD - Kanger Clearomizers - Kangertech - Clearomizers Tanks
- Kanger Single Coils - Kanger Coils - Kangertech - Clearomizers Tanks

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
Hi Emily, and welcome.

Vaping can dry out your mouth and throat - you need to make sure you drink plenty of water. If your throat is sore, cough medicine can help. I had a sore throat at first, but it passed in a few days. It's not necessary to inhale the vapour into your lungs, as the nicotine in vapour is absorbed through the surfaces of your mouth. So you could try not inhaling the vapour while your throat is sore.

That's a pretty decent kit you've started out with. Your battery will have Ego threading round the outside, and 510 threading on the inside, so that is what you are looking for if you try anything new - most toppers will be suitable though.

I'd recommend investing in a spare battery, and also spare coils for your clearomizer.

BlindTyldak

Dec 30, 2014
South Dakota
I have almost the exact same setup as you, a Vision Spinner 2 (haven't named mine yet ;) ) and a Kanger Protank 3. Those two operate great together. I smoked two packs of self-rolled double menthol a day for more years than I would like to admit, and started at 18 mg with no issues. I am wondering if maybe the nic amount you are using in combination with your juice flavor might be an issue . . . if it tastes like tobacco, you will likely smoke it like tobacco and you don't need to vape as much as quickly as you do when you smoke. Have you tried something non-tobacco flavored, like one of the food or fruit ones? I found coffee flavored juices to be a very smooth transition from smoking for me since that was already brain-logged as a comfort taste. Maybe you can find one that would work the same for you.

Thanks everybody for the replies! So I figured out what the problem is, and personally, I think it's pretty hilarious. So it turns out that my boyfriend had wanted to check out the kit before he gave it to me, so he could kind of help me figure out how to use it. Apparently, the first time he did it, he squirted the 22mg juice he had INTO THE MIDDLE, and then realized oh .... that was wrong, and kind of sort of cleaned it out, but not really. Last night I took the whole kit apart, and with the help of youtube, cleaned it all out, wiped off all the battery contact stuff, used rolled up paper towel toothpicks to get in the whole lot, and let it sit overnight. Today, I put some fresh juice in, fired it up, and WOW. Completely fixed. No throat burning, completely smooth, and I LOVE IT. I haven't had a cigarette in about 14 hours. :D Silly boyfriend.

Yeah I'm kind of still learning HOW to smoke it. Like, at first I was just trying to smoke it like a cigarette, which I practically chain smoked, but now I'm taking a few puffs, sitting it down, waiting a while, taking a few more, etc. And I'm sort of checking my timing, because it occurs to me it will be really easily to just constantly smoke it. So about once every ten minutes, I put it down completely for about 15 or 20 minutes, which is how I was smoking normal cigarettes. I'm also experimenting with the adjustable voltage, and I'm finding that if I turn it up just a little higher, I'm taking less hits, because I'm getting a bit more satisfaction from the ones I take. re my post below, and laugh at what the problem was.

Also, COFFEE FLAVORED?? Oh man, I'm so getting some of that.

BlindTyldak

Dec 30, 2014
South Dakota
Thanks everybody for the replies! So I figured out what the problem is, and personally, I think it's pretty hilarious. So it turns out that my boyfriend had wanted to check out the kit before he gave it to me, so he could kind of help me figure out how to use it. Apparently, the first time he did it, he squirted the 22mg juice he had INTO THE MIDDLE, and then realized oh .... that was wrong, and kind of sort of cleaned it out, but not really. Last night I took the whole kit apart, and with the help of youtube, cleaned it all out, wiped off all the battery contact stuff, used rolled up paper towel toothpicks to get in the whole lot, and let it sit overnight. Today, I put some fresh juice in, fired it up, and WOW. Completely fixed. No throat burning, completely smooth, and I LOVE IT. I haven't had a cigarette in about 14 hours. :D Silly boyfriend.

Were my husband still alive, I could soooooo see him doing that. *laughs* Glad you got it figured out!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com

Send him here. We can kick his .... for you. LOL

UGGGH! I am heartbroken. Yet another problem, please advise!

Been using my spinner for about a day and a half with no problems. I start to notice that my juice is becoming a kind of gunky brown color (is that normal?) There was no burn taste to it, though. I also start to notice that it's leaking a bit. Not, like, everywhere, but enough to make it sticky, which is how i noticed. I'm still only at 3.8 volts, max. So again, i take it apart, and sure enough, there is juice all over my battery contact, and in my cartomizer, again. What is the problem here? Stuck with analogs til I figure out what to do. This thing is a week old, how could it possibly be the coil? (I've been googling). Guess I CAN'T blame it all on the boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread