New Vision Spinner, general questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
naw, you won't hurt nothing
(just your feelings about bad taste)

so you say you rinsed it very good, then let it dry - cool !

so looking at rebuilding a coil didn't scare you ? (super)

it IS a cool hobby and you can make coils to your liking

+ add cotton instead of the silica wick makes a BIG difference !

- Ecru | Peaches And Creme

- Lightning Vapes — Lightning Vapes - Great Products, Lightning Fast Shipping! Silica Wick, Kanthal Wire, Stainless Steel Mesh, Ekowool and More!

welcome to the world of new nicotine usage

:evil:

heres a good pic

- http://s284.photobucket.com/user/EddieAdams76/media/20130411_112244.jpg.html

I just lol'd pretty hard. I sell yarn for a living. I can get 600 yards of cotton yarn for $1.50. : )

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I just lol'd pretty hard. I sell yarn for a living. I can get 600 yards of cotton yarn for $1.50. : )

I also actually spin my own yarn out of natural fibers. That'd be a whole new level of crafting...spinning my own wicks!

hey now, that's cool

I get that (320 ft) @ wallyworld $1.67

cotton wad/balls are ok, but the yarn is SO consistent

you wrap the wire coil (around toothpick)

install it in coil body

then when coil taste goes bad (like you now)

you gently pull cotton out, and thread new in

sweet-n-simple, like new again for another week or so...

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Man I gotta learn how to do that. So are you saying, theoretically, I could do that on my burned out dual coil right now? Oh wait, no, right? because I need the wire.

well, the "DUAL" coil is a different animal

but the simple "SINGLE" coil (like RBC) yes

it is what I use and have stuck to for my year and a ½ vaping...

once I wrap a coil wire then install it into coil body
it last months, just pulling cotton in & out

cotton gets gunked up, burnt, or just to change flavors or

just hobby around and freshen it up - just so simple

Chesh97

Dec 14, 2014
Indiana
Looks like everybody has been pretty much been answering your questions, so I'll just say welcome. I see your from the fort.... check out the 1st vapo convention coming in February. http://vapeinthefort.com/

Stick with it... you'll get there. Before long you will be upgrading and most likely building your own coils. When I first started, I was overwhelmed, didn't have a clue. I swore I would never build anything. 1 month later and I have an RTA and RDA. lol It's like a disease...but a good one - other than the wallet or purse... but remember, it's to get OFF the cigs, and your health is the most important.

Oh...and watch a LOT of youtube videos and reviews. Gives you an idea of how different things work. My favorites are pbsuardo and rip trippers

Last edited:
Oh, and just something to keep in mind with those wallyworld/ any commercially bought cotton yarns.....they use a TON of chemicals in dyeing those, even the pure cream or white ones. I guess it's not a huge deal, since they're just absorbing the juice and not technically burning. But just wanted to let you know.

EDIT: The main chemical they use in the white or cream ones is bleach.

Last edited:
Looks like everybody has been pretty much been answering your questions, so I'll just say welcome. I see your from the fort.... check out the 1st vapo convention coming in February. http://vapeinthefort.com/

Stick with it... you'll get there. Before long you will be upgrading and most likely building your own coils. When I first started, I was overwhelmed, didn't have a clue. I swore I would never build anything. 1 month later and I have an RTA and RDA. lol It's like a disease...but a good one - other than the wallet or purse... but remember, it's to get OFF the cigs, and your health is the most important.

Oh...and watch a LOT of youtube videos and reviews. Gives you an idea of how different things work. My favorites are pbsuardo and rip trippers

Oh man I've been nerding out on this stuff since I got mine. I have no doubt I'll be building soon. And thanks for letting me know about that convention! If I don't work, I'll be there.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Oh, and just something to keep in mind with those wallyworld/ any commercially bought cotton yarns.....they use a TON of chemicals in dyeing those, even the pure cream or white ones. I guess it's not a huge deal, since they're just absorbing the juice and not technically burning. But just wanted to let you know.

yepper, I figured as much
found the ecru hoping it had the least dyed & bleached

I spool off about 25'-30' and boil it (trying to sanitize)

cotton, rayon, Japanese Organic Cotton, silica

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZjaG9RPZ4

:)

Ok, so my buddy last night gave me a 'spare coil', but it seemed to me it was wrong for my tank, but I just nerded out on rebuilding it following that video. as a comparison....this right one (my coil) is a dual, and the left one (the one I just played around with) is a single?
coils.jpg

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Ok, so my buddy last night gave me a 'spare coil', but it seemed to me it was wrong for my tank, but I just nerded out on rebuilding it following that video. as a comparison....this right one (my coil) is a dual, and the left one (the one I just played around with) is a single?
View attachment 400700

Yepper
and it won't fit mini pt3 because it's not tall enuff

if you put it in, screw base on, the silicone cup washer won't
touch the air tube to seal
(vis-vers, there is not enuff room to put a tall one into a single coil body)

friends coil.jpg

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
:blink:
just kinda thinking ahead some
since we/you are getting geeked up about the new hobby
a few tools to start gathering
needle nose
tweezers
wire cutters / nail clippers
small phillips / flat screwdrivers
& the all mighty ‘ohms tester’ (test for shorts and what Ω you just built)
- Smoktech OmniTester - Miscellaneous - Accessories
- $3.00 PLATO #170 Flush Cutter for Rebuildable Atomizers - max.040" (1mm) dia copper Wire at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

since you can’t sit your evod/RBC style upside down (when base is off)
need to make a stand that you can slip the open tank into so not to fall
poke holes in : egg carton, small cardboard box, etc
what I did is made some fancy ‘carved’ out two teir stands from
(wait for it)
floral foam – works like a dream and about as cheap as it gets
(compared to lumber, plastic, metals)

my fix to convert the bcc to fit the bdc tanks
I cut a piece of tubing, slide over the chimney
to make up the 'gap' to the bottom of the air tube

View attachment 400705

What I would give for some rubber tubing right about now. Oh, and by the way. Went ahead and ordered that new tank. I figured, 30 bucks now versus analogs for the next however long.....

:blink:
just kinda thinking ahead some
since we/you are getting geeked up about the new hobby
a few tools to start gathering
needle nose
tweezers
wire cutters / nail clippers
small phillips / flat screwdrivers
- $3.00 PLATO #170 Flush Cutter for Rebuildable Atomizers - max.040" (1mm) dia copper Wire at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

since you can’t sit your evod/RBC style upside down (when base is off)
need to make a stand that you can slip the open tank into so not to fall
poke holes in : egg carton, small cardboard box, etc
what I did is made some fancy ‘carved’ out two teir stands from
(wait for it)
floral foam – works like a dream and about as cheap as it gets
(compared to lumber, plastic, metals)

I use floral foam to shove my tiny double pointed knitting needles in all the time so I don't lose them. I can buy all of this list except for the ohm tester where I work for 20% off, no less! What do the ohm testers do, exactly?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I use floral foam to shove my tiny double pointed knitting needles in all the time so I don't lose them. I can buy all of this list except for the ohm tester where I work for 20% off, no less! What do the ohm testers do, exactly?

it makes sure you built a good coil, no wires touching so to short out your battery

build your coil

then screw it in your base, then ONTO the tester, flip switch and it shows you what the resistance is (Ω)

if bad it shows - - or 0.00 or what ever tester you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread