New Volcano Lava Tube rDNA 40 vs. Provari 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandi702

Aug 20, 2015
Las Vegas
Hi. I am trying to decide between the new Volcano Lava Tube 3 with the Evolve DNA40 chip or the Provari 3.

There would really be nothing to consider if the Provari went higher than 20watts, but since it doesn't I'm really concerned that it won't have enough power. I'm used to the vaporfi Vox2 which has 50watts.

I usually prefer a 1 to 1.5 ohms, but I like the idea that the Vox can do more if I ever want it to.

The quality and warranty with the Provari is what I'm after, and price isn't an issue, so if there is another option besides the 2 that would be better please feel free to recommend.

The Volcano caught my eye as it looks to be much higher quality than previous versions, plus it has the 40watts. Its price point is very close to Provari, but it is so new there just aren't really any good reviews on it.

I appreciate any help or comments...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Thanks to both replies.. I'm now kinda leaning to the Diocdes 2380T. Which is basically the same as the pipeline but it can go up to 80watts depending on battery configuration. Only wish they were available in the U.S. But can't have it all, lol.

There are many members here who have them. Shipping is pretty quick. If I wanted a regulated tube mod, that's the one I would buy.

Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There would really be nothing to consider if the Provari went higher than 20watts, but since it doesn't I'm really concerned that it won't have enough power. I'm used to the VaporFi Vox2 which has 50watts.

I usually prefer a 1 to 1.5 ohms, but I like the idea that the Vox can do more if I ever want it to.

With variable watt devices the resistance doesn't matter, you get the power you set as long as you're in the resistance range the mod can supply that power in. What is the highest wattage you like to vape at now? Do you think you might want to be able to go a bit higher in future?

The Provari is one of the most dependable mods out there and has fantastic support from ProVape, but if it doesn't do what you want in a mod, you'll have to live with that compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread