New, with eGo-U, and some questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesclun

Dec 1, 2012
Denver, CO
Hello everyone! Thank you first of all for being so awesome. I have found this forum useful and the members awfully generous with their time and effort.

I started off with an njoy and it was good to get me off of regular cigarettes. But as others have said, it got a bit tired.

Today, I bought an eGo starter kit at Vaporleaf just outside Denver. The difference is crazy. I'd asked for 12mg but the guy labelled it 18mg, so I'm not sure if it's mislabelled or actually 18mg--in either case, I feel like I just drank a nicotine soda--so strong, OMG (please don't make a nicotine soda at home. It's not real but if it were it would probably kill you).

So! I have a few questions; maybe you masters could help. There was a long, long line at the store so I didn't want to ask him questions and make others wait. I have searched here and on the Web and can't seem to find relevant info.

This is what I bought: eGo-U "luxury" kit

1. What is this? Is eGo-U the same thing as...eGo-C? eGo? I'd like to know so that I can look up the right info.

2. The instructions said it would take 5 to 6 hours to charge. It took about 15 minutes for the light to go green. Do these come pre-charged or did I do something wrong? (Seems to work fine.)

3. Is it OK to leave it in the "on" mode? As in, will it hurt the battery or components or something?

Thanks so much!!

M

meloyo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Philippines
Hello and welcome! I don't post often but I do read a lot of the posts and it's a great community. Lots of encouragement and information. :)

#2. I think the batts do come with a factory charge. My first real e-cig was an eGo and it behaved pretty much like yours.

#3. Now and then, I'd accidentally fire my ego when left in the on mode, so now when I have to put it in my bag or pocket, I shut if off.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
well the only problem with looking stuff up is you need to know the brand name.

EGO is a model type and refers to the outside threads on the battery. usally an ego is an ego is an ego, some are more better then others, but many of the knockoffs (joyetech makes the original ego) last just as long if not longer then the "real" ones.

any info like for accessories just look for standard 510 or ego threaded stuff and you will be fine.
Enjoy and vape ON!!!!

the company is Shenzhen Tianruiyi Technology Co., Limited
and shows no complains for quality. you would be surprised at how many products they make then stamp another companies name on it.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yeah, C-W U- don't matter the Letter, just a ego batt that you can screw any 510/ ego topper on of your choice. Nice kit, not a bad price.

Want a little upgrade? Look under the battery section and get the "upgrade" model- it's Joyetech also. It'll allow you to vape unregulated- meaning hotter. More protection circuitry on them also.

yokan

Moved On
    Apr 26, 2013
    China
    • Deleted by sonicdsl
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hello everyone! Thank you first of all for being so awesome. I have found this forum useful and the members awfully generous with their time and effort.

I started off with an NJoy and it was good to get me off of regular cigarettes. But as others have said, it got a bit tired.

Today, I bought an eGo starter kit at Vaporleaf just outside Denver. The difference is crazy. I'd asked for 12mg but the guy labelled it 18mg, so I'm not sure if it's mislabelled or actually 18mg--in either case, I feel like I just drank a nicotine soda--so strong, OMG (please don't make a nicotine soda at home. It's not real but if it were it would probably kill you).

So! I have a few questions; maybe you masters could help. There was a long, long line at the store so I didn't want to ask him questions and make others wait. I have searched here and on the Web and can't seem to find relevant info.

This is what I bought: eGo-U "luxury" kit

1. What is this? Is eGo-U the same thing as...eGo-C? eGo? I'd like to know so that I can look up the right info.

2. The instructions said it would take 5 to 6 hours to charge. It took about 15 minutes for the light to go green. Do these come pre-charged or did I do something wrong? (Seems to work fine.)

3. Is it OK to leave it in the "on" mode? As in, will it hurt the battery or components or something?

Thanks so much!!

M

Hey, Mesclun. First of all, are you sure you really got an eGo-U kit? Here's what the site says:

* Our regular Ego-U sets will be in soon. We are offering this combo deal as a substitute.*

Anyway, looks like you have two eGo batteries, which is a good thing, and two clearomizers, which may or may not be good. I suggest you look around and maybe get a Kanger clearomizer like T3 or eVod with changeable coils--in the future.

I can't tell you what strength your eliquid is--but if it says 18 mg it should be 18 mg. If your vendor sells 12 mg eliquids labeled 18 mg--I would never buy any eliquid from him ever again. If he's this sloppy with nicotine, walk away. He might have sold you 36 or 45 mg nicotine--for all we know. Go back to the store, if you can, and ask for your money back--or for 12 mg juice. And get some juice from a reputable ECF juice vendor. Grrr.........

If you feel light-headed, dizzy, if you get hiccups or feel sick--stop vaping.

Other than that--welcome to ECF! :)

i also picked one up today. charged it for about six hours like the guy said. but now its doing something strange. The blue light kept flashing, so i assumed that it needed to charge. So 3 hours later i twist it off the charger and try it and a few puffs later it blinks again and doesn't vape! should i just charge it longer or what?

I also bought an eGo-U, however, I got the "economic" edition (comes only with 1 batt/atomizer combo and only a USB charger).

At first I thought I must have a bad unit because nothing would happen when I clicked the button. But after a lot of searching I found "getting started" guide. It said 5 clicks to turn on/off. So that solved my problem. But in addition to that, it also said that it comes partially charged and to use it until the battery is dead before charging for the first time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread