Not open for further replies.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
vipap2.png

Takes TC to the next level...
Silver gold stainless steel nickel titanium?

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
The M Class has certainly been the top dog for months now, but this looks/seems like a rushed/desperate attempt to keep some of the market. I've enjoyed my v1 but this is not an impressive follow up. How about a firmware upgrade for the original? That isn't a test firmware!

What makes you so sure it's not an "impressive follow up?"

I'm not a fan of the chassis (never was, my SX-M sits without a battery in it most days, too damn heavy, and god damn that battery cap), but it looks like they've added a lot of functionality to the board, and it also looks like they're giving more control to the users via software instead of making us wait for slow firmware updates direct from Yihi.

That's pretty impressive to me.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
I'm sorry, probably should have been more clear. By not being an impressive follow up, I was speaking solely on the looks of the device. While the v1 wasn't the prettiest, it wasn't hideous. I know that's only my opinion and that some will love the way it looks. As for the software, sure it sounds great and I'm sure the chip will be solid as yihi has become one of the best at producing quality chipsets. I did expect something bigger from them with their new flagship though, since we were seeing 250 watt touch screen teasers back in December 2014. Idk I guess I'm just a little disappointed, especially with the single 18650 again.

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
I think it is too early to say much and after having just two pictures is not enough because for me it is the chip technology that will make or break this. While it simply looks like evolution and not revolution, I am sure the implementation of the gold, silver, stainless, etc is going to be good and the SX350J was already a great chip. The one thing I would wait for though is to see what a dual 18650 version can do before we judge and if they allow the joule limit to be the same as the wattage limit. I am also very curious about the software. Anyone have any information or idea if they ever planned on raising the joule limit beyond 75 or whatever it currently is?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I much prefer the looks of this to any DNA 200 device. Honestly, this doesn't look terribly different from the other two iterations of the SX Mini. Both of those fit nicely in the hand and are comfortable to use IMO. Plus I actually like the appearance.

Me, too.

And have the expectation of a solid chip.

I guess I know what I'm getting for Christmas :D I do wish they would do a dual battery mod though.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
?? 60 W and a few new wire TCRs shouldn't that just be a fw update and not a new purchase or am I missing something?

Agreed....if it's just the extra wire types, and some software to tweak things a bit more than it should have been a software update...
But it's to early to tell what more they are adding.
But that big logo :nah:

Reactions: sahsah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread