Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I received an email today that may be of interest for our members living in the NYC metropolitan area. Have a look and if you are interested, please consider taking part in this study.
Hello,

I work for New York University School of Medicine and we are doing a study on how people use the internet and social media to learn and share information about tobacco products, particularly, e-cigarettes. We invite eligible participants, who use an e-cigarette, use social media websites within the past week, and use the internet for at least one hour a day to come in for a 90 minute interview. We pay study participants $50 as a thank you for their time and to compensate for any travel costs. We are approved by the Institutional Review Board at NYU to carry out the study and have just begun recruiting participants. We hope to use information collected in these interviews to help us write a larger grant which if awarded would allow us to conduct a large study on e-cigarettes and would likely be of interest to your group.

I would love to post a notice for our study on the forum, so I just registered, but see that you must post multiple times before creating a new thread. As I do not use an e-cigarette myself and have never smoked cigarettes, I do not want to write insincere posts. Would it be possible for an administrator or moderator to post an announcement about our study?

Please see the attached flyer and the below text that could be used in a post.

Have you used an electronic cigarette in the past 30 days?

Do you use the Internet and social media?

Are you at least 18 years of age?

Do you live in or near New York City?

If you answered YES to all these questions, you may be eligible to participate in a 90-minute survey/interview for a study exploring the relationship between social media, the Internet, and e-cigarette use.

You will be compensated $50 for your time. Call 646-413-0690 for more information.

This study is being conducted at: New York University School of Medicine

NYUSOM IRB APPROVED 1/29/13 – 1/28/14

I am registered under the name NYUHealthyLiving and the email address tobaccoandsocialmedia@gmail.com.

Thank you, Alissa
Alissa Link, MPH Research Project Manager
NYU School of Medicine 227 E. 30th St., #631L
P: (646) 413-0690
E: Alissa.Link2@nyumc.org

View attachment Social Media Pilot Flyer - e-Cigarette.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread