• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New zealand vapeors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
Hi guys and gals.. will be coming over to NZ for 3 weeks.. will be bringing with me e-juice and mods and just wanted to know how strict are they in the airports.

I have been to NZ 3 times and they always seem pretty enthusiastic to take stuff of you.. (with a smile of course)

If you reply to this can you click like on my post and then I'll know someones answered..

Cheers everyone.

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
Thanks Gully..

Thats the weird one when they ask do you have anything to declare. It's seems easier to say no and if they find it I can say that I had no idea it would need declaring.

Unless it's on the list of things to declare..

But thanks for answering. Nice to know I can take just for my own usage.

Cheers

Ski-

rizraz86

Jan 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Gully..

Thats the weird one when they ask do you have anything to declare. It's seems easier to say no and if they find it I can say that I had no idea it would need declaring.

Unless it's on the list of things to declare..

I do travel to NZ quite often and may be moving there soon...... for me, when in doubt, I'll just declare. :)

I travel out of the NZ fairly regularly and never had any issues. Had the odd search where they have asked what it was but never confiscated anything. Was my mechmod in carry on that use to raises eyebrows on the way out, put it in checkin these days and just carry on eVods.

I usually import 200-400ml of juice at a time. Maybe 1 out of 5 get opened but never had any ceased yet.

yorg

Aug 1, 2014
N.Z
Hi fellow nz'ers!
New to the forms been vaping a couple months now.

My experience with juice from overseas has been nothing but good, 3 orders in so far, one order of 240ml 100mg nic from RTS, no problems and another 2 from different pre made juice companies through no problem either. Also ordered 25 flavor concentrates through no trouble as well.

Can't comment on the travel with vape gear aspect, I would recommend keeping batteries in good storage boxes though, I would put them in check in luggage myself.

Hi fellow nz'ers!
New to the forms been vaping a couple months now.

My experience with juice from overseas has been nothing but good, 3 orders in so far, one order of 240ml 100mg nic from RTS, no problems and another 2 from different pre made juice companies through no problem either. Also ordered 25 flavor concentrates through no trouble as well.

Can't comment on the travel with vape gear aspect, I would recommend keeping batteries in good storage boxes though, I would put them in check in luggage myself.

From Palmerston North.

Today I legally purchased e-juice with nicotine from my local vape/drug supply shop. I can legally buy e-juice online, delivery the next day, from any
vape outlet willing to sell it to me, it's just hard to find those outlets, but not impossible.

I took the trouble to search the law, the real law, not the imaginary Health Department law, and nicotine is ONLY covered IF it is sold as a cessation of smoking plan, otherwise there is NO LAW that prevents e-juice from being included in e-juice in New Zealand.

Now IF making e-juice with nicotine in it really was as illegal as you're being lead to believe, how can vape outlets have it in their starter kits, surely if it's really illegal to give it away in normal e-juice, it must be illegal to give it away in e-juice in starter kits!

But as I said, and you can do this too, I searched the legislation and there is no law preventing ANYONE from selling e-juice with nicotine in it to anyone at or over the legal smoking age. If such a law really did exist, cigarettes would be illegal in New Zealand.

robgggg

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Wellington, Nz
From Palmerston North.

Today I legally purchased e-juice with nicotine from my local vape/drug supply shop. I can legally buy e-juice online, delivery the next day, from any
vape outlet willing to sell it to me, it's just hard to find those outlets, but not impossible.

I took the trouble to search the law, the real law, not the imaginary Health Department law, and nicotine is ONLY covered IF it is sold as a cessation of smoking plan, otherwise there is NO LAW that prevents e-juice from being included in e-juice in New Zealand.

Now IF making e-juice with nicotine in it really was as illegal as you're being lead to believe, how can vape outlets have it in their starter kits, surely if it's really illegal to give it away in normal e-juice, it must be illegal to give it away in e-juice in starter kits!

But as I said, and you can do this too, I searched the legislation and there is no law preventing ANYONE from selling e-juice with nicotine in it to anyone at or over the legal smoking age. If such a law really did exist, cigarettes would be illegal in New Zealand.

It definitely is a grey area... However a couple of weeks ago all the shosha stores were forced to remove all nic juices from sale. Doesn't make sense when you can just go down to supermarket and buy nicotine inhalers. Another way people have got around it is to do a "buyers club" - pay for "subscription" to the club and get free juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread