new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Hi there and welcome. As Tolkien said, It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. Just start making videos of stuff you use, you don't even have to upload them. Find your style. The reviewers market does seem a litle saturated so maybe look for a different slant to it. I am a little snobby so there are several things that put me off reviewers instantly. Bad language, wannabe gangsta look and body language, reviewing from strange or messy locations, bad editing or bad camera work, semi unprepared content and worst for me is thick accents. Yeah im strange haha. I instantly turn off 80% of any reviews i see. And why do some of them have such long logo intros? Stop that, this isn't the cinema i just need the info i don't care for your brand. Oh and why do so many of these muppets wear hats inside? Or worse backwards and inside.
If however you just want to review to get free stuff then maybe not the best motive to start.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Welcome to ecf grave digger. I think that if you start reviewing mods, atties, or juice that you have bought, and are good at it, the manufactures will notice and get in touch with you. I imagine that the process is slow tho. Some don'ts above are good suggestions, and one thing I find irritating if I'm looking at a review of an atty, is a reviewer going on about the juice he is using, that's not what I came to see. Good luck and I hope you turn out some good reviews in the future.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Welcome to ECF. If you want to try before you buy, there's probably a brick-n-mortar vape shop near you with floor display models and samples of their liquids. Mine does, and I almost always repay that service with a purchase of something in their store.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF! I'm a bit confused, you say you are new to vaping, then ask for means of reviewing products? Not trying to dissuade you at ALL, that being said at this point your reviews may be... anemic, at best. Why not allow yourself some time to get up to speed, and make sure you aren't making the "Universal mistakes" some reviewers make. So, I'm not saying don't review, but maybe get all your terms and vaping gear figured out, you'll be more likely to be an excellent reviewer.

At this point, you'll need to start making videos, so watching some will help. Also, no one's going to send you free gear for reviewing.... Sometimes, never. It depends on your review(s) and if a particular company becomes interested in them.... Then we have the reviewer that everyone wants to watch, and everyone wants to send him vape equipment. He does excellent reviews, but I'm sure it took him some time to get to that point.

Best of luck!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread