• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbie Dilemma: Subox Mini or eVic VTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezjayy

Account closed on request
Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
Hi friends; 20yrs long analog smoker here. Was introduced to vaping by a colleague and almost immediately, analogs dont feel good no more.

So, decided to take up vaping, went Googling for more info, and these are the 2 that caught my eye, due to the size and aesthetic.

Hopefully when i switch to vaping, i can finally lay the analogs to rest.

Definite noob here..so any advice/suggestions is really appreciated! Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

plumeofred

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2014
Both is good. Get whichever looks nicer to you. I pick vtc mini. Getting one myself soon. Hehe.

Anyways for the atomizer you might wanna get a dripper. Not because it is better. It will save you more juice at the start. When you're new and you jump straight to a tank you tend to waste more of the juice due to leaking. This is because of improper wicking. Practice on the dripper. If anything is wrong at least you don't have to drain the whole tank of juice. Get a dripper and then a tank later.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
If you compared just the mod, the eVic VTC mini is the clear winner. It is in every way a better mod.

Finishing on the mod is top notch, has a larger more useful screen that displays good info, upgradeable firmware, temp control mod with nickel and kanthal, solid buttons, looks better (subjective).

However, the tank that comes with the eVic kit sucks compared to the stellar subtank mini that ships with the subox kit.

My suggestion is that you get the mod only set for the eVic vtc mini and a stand alone subtank mini v2 tank.

Dripper isn't ideal because you will need to learn how to build coils and just isn't very portable as well.

strich

Aug 12, 2014
singapore
If you compared just the mod, the eVic VTC mini is the clear winner. It is in every way a better mod.

Finishing on the mod is top notch, has a larger more useful screen that displays good info, upgradeable firmware, temp control mod with nickel and kanthal, solid buttons, looks better (subjective).

However, the tank that comes with the eVic kit sucks compared to the stellar subtank mini that ships with the subox kit.

My suggestion is that you get the mod only set for the eVic vtc mini and a stand alone subtank mini v2 tank.

Dripper isn't ideal because you will need to learn how to build coils and just isn't very portable as well.
The tank that comes with it is actually good...except the coil head inside is CL...get a CLR version of the head (rebuild able) and its a very gd tank. Only thing is it gets warm after a few puffs.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ezjayy

Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.

Oh..i didnt know you can actually purchase a mod only set, cos i thought the mods were sold as starter kits, together with a tank, charger, etc.

Am reading bout coils; and that will be probably another question for another time. LOL

Obsync

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2015
Subox mini is really just a started mod for beginners, which you will grow out of in ...2-3days.

VTC mini is definitely better, but I bought kanger because I was a sucker for the white mod.

What you could do is buy the VTC Mod and the tank seperately.

I suggest you read up more on it and know what to buy along with your Mod. E.g Kanthal wire (rebuilding because rba has superior taste), Organic Cotton, Spare tank ( in case you drop yours)

All the best for your vaping journey. I started 2 weeks ago and now a puff from a cig just makes me feel like smoking.

Cheers, and welcome to the family.

Reactions: ezjayy

ezjayy

Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
Subox mini is really just a started mod for beginners, which you will grow out of in ...2-3days.

VTC mini is definitely better, but I bought kanger because I was a sucker for the white mod.

What you could do is buy the VTC Mod and the tank seperately.

I suggest you read up more on it and know what to buy along with your Mod. E.g Kanthal wire (rebuilding because rba has superior taste), Organic Cotton, Spare tank ( in case you drop yours)

All the best for your vaping journey. I started 2 weeks ago and now a puff from a cig just makes me feel like smoking.

Cheers, and welcome to the family.

Thanks much! Gotta obtain that vtcmini+subtank mini first tho. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread