Newbie from Canada, 2-in-1 cartridge/atom. question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I'm a virgin e-smoker, but I took the plunge and ordered an e-cig kit from a site here in Canada. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of options up here, for example, a couple of the sites that I managed to find that sell e-cigs and accessories were completely out of stock.

Anyway, once I found a Canadian site that appeared to have a decent product, I ordered it. But, I think I might have made a mistake. The cig that I ordered has the atomizer built in to the cartridge, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to top it up with e liquid, although I have a feeling that somebody, somewhere has figured out a workaround. I really like the idea of having a fresh atomizer with each cartridge since it seems like atomizers tend to fail quite frequently, so if there's a way to do this, I'd be thrilled to hear it.

Anyone?

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Hi Everyone,

I'm a virgin e-smoker, but I took the plunge and ordered an e-cig kit from a site here in Canada. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of options up here, for example, a couple of the sites that I managed to find that sell e-cigs and accessories were completely out of stock.

Anyway, once I found a Canadian site that appeared to have a decent product, I ordered it. But, I think I might have made a mistake. The cig that I ordered has the atomizer built in to the cartridge, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to top it up with e liquid, although I have a feeling that somebody, somewhere has figured out a workaround. I really like the idea of having a fresh atomizer with each cartridge since it seems like atomizers tend to fail quite frequently, so if there's a way to do this, I'd be thrilled to hear it.

Anyone?

Hi and welcome aboard,

you didnt state which ecig you are referring to...im assuming the EVO but i wanna be sure :)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
The EAZE magnum is quite poor in terms of cartridge life (wait until you get a taste of the burning fabric/paper) and absolutely horrible in terms of battery life (good luck getting a battery to last more than 3 weeks. I haven't managed with 6 of them).

EPuffer customer service is also quite poor. I strongly suggest you read the forums for an alternative before you give any more money to them.

In the event you used Smoke 51, similar product with similar issues but I've read mixed results on the customer service.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
The JC juice was shipped as PG Salve. Not quite sure if it is technically accurate but it's pretty funny either way.

The issues I have with the labeling, and this probably applies to most of the NA suppliers, is the lack of information and the disregard for safety. Keep in mind this is from the point of view of a parent.

I got 2 sample packs, 1 Non PG and 1 PG. There is no way to tell the difference so I'm going to have to vape both and make a guess. Annoying but minor.

There is no ingredient list.
There is no nicotine level label (if fact there is nothing that shows it contains nicotine).
There is no poison label.
There is no child safety cap

These are cute little bottles of sweet flavored liquid that would kill a child (possibly an adult) if it was consumed. It's a no-brainer that some children are going to die and it will cause a well-deserved backlash against an otherwise brilliant product.

We really need to nag the sh.t out of the juice suppliers to be proactive in labeling, bottling safety and also including pamphlets that emphasize the dangers of the nicotine liquid.

In other news, both the evo and pilot are extremely enjoyable to use. I'm pretty pumped by the performance.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Hey RJG.

I got the same one out of a place called Tabinta in London Ontario. It's not bad. I haven't had any problems with it. I'm also interested in finding one with the separate atomizer and carts that you can refill. I'll prolly just order from the US.

Cool, that *was* the name of the other place I was trying to think of :)

Hi Smokinjack, that's the same site that I ordered mine from.

Which model did you get, and how's the battery? I ordered the "zen" model.
I've read that the batteries for these types are pretty poor. If I find that I like e-smoking, I might take the plunge and order a screwdriver model from overseas rather than wasting my time and money replacing batteries all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread