Newbie from canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomacoma

Oct 27, 2013
Toronto
Ok, i am new to this so please bear with me. I want to quit smoking tobacco so I'm thinking on switching over to electronic cigs. I live in Canada and i don't want to order from the states because of are custom laws. That said, i looked into a few Canadian vendor's and have found a couple of product that interests me. The devices I'm planning on buying is the joyetech ego c and innokin itaste starter kits. Im a 15 to 20 cig smoker and been smoking tobacco for over 12 yrs. what do u guys think about the 2 devices and also can some send a list of reputable vendor in Toronto that sell good e juice with nico in it. Sorry and one other thing. What are the more popular gourmet and tobacco flavours around that contains nicotine

Any info here will be appreciated.

Thxs in advance

Stellaboots

Sep 25, 2013
Western MD, USA
I haven't received it yet, but the price on the iTaste MVP V2.0 at 101Vape is outstanding. As far as I've seen, ECF peeps approve of it, so I suggest you go for that deal. If they ship to Canada. I'm assuming your concern is with the nicotine, but I may be wrong.

Having said that, as I understand, the main problem in Canada is getting nic-juice? That I can't help with, but I am sure someone will come along who can.

I started with an EVOD kit from an American vendor, and with a month of freedom from cigarettes, am happy to vape my nicotine, very few cravings (stressful mornings are still tough, but that passes after a few minutes). It's definitely worth the effort, I smoked for 35 years, and have been smoke free for a month :)

I know there are country specific forums here, maybe a post on Canada's will help? One more post on the New forums and you should be good to go.

Finally, I haven't received my iTaste yet, but the people here seem very pleased.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Ok, i am new to this so please bear with me. I want to quit smoking tobacco so I'm thinking on switching over to electronic cigs. I live in Canada and i don't want to order from the states because of are custom laws. That said, i looked into a few Canadian vendor's and have found a couple of product that interests me. The devices I'm planning on buying is the joyetech ego c and innokin itaste starter kits. Im a 15 to 20 cig smoker and been smoking tobacco for over 12 yrs. what do u guys think about the 2 devices and also can some send a list of reputable vendor in Toronto that sell good e juice with nico in it. Sorry and one other thing. What are the more popular gourmet and tobacco flavours around that contains nicotine

Any info here will be appreciated.

Thxs in advance

Welcome Tomacoma ... try CanVape and register to see the ejuice ... try the Strawberry Explosion ... personally, I just had to order another 60ml :2cool:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
joyetech ego c
Okay battery but don't get the cartridge+ atomizer setup- outdated and eventually leaks.
innokin itaste
so many diff models it's hard to evaluate.
When buying realize battery info: 100 mah = approx. 1 hr of vaping before battery needs recharge.

Edit: It's okay to order hardware from outside Canada but juice is a no no. Just be careful about brokerage charges.

Last edited:

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Welcome, and yeah, the Ego-C and iClears are a pretty solid starter setup, that's what I picked up (25 days and 505 cigarettes NOT smoked ago) when I started. You'll likely eventually want more (the MVP Stellaboots mentioned is awesome by all accounts, I've got one on the way) but to try things out it's hard to beat the simple cigarette-like appeal of an Ego and a smallish clearo. Definitely get two batteries if you can, though, backups are crucial.

Juice isn't a problem, just be sure to register on all the Canadian vendors' sites, that opens things up a bit.

What are you smoking right now? I smoked Camel Blues, pack a day, twenty years, and the transition to 12mg juice was pretty seamless for me. Someone recommended 18mg when I started but I'm glad I didn't, as I tended to chain-smoke when I was doing stuff (gadget thinkering, writing, whatever) and I think if I chain-vaped 18mg the same way I'd have got nic-sick, but everyone metabolises things differently.

Along with your battery and clearo starter, I'd advise getting a few samples of juice, as it's likely you WON'T like some of them, and it would suck to get turned off vaping because of that. There are some great, great liquids out there. I'm not quite a month in and already finding myself leaning slightly away from tobacco flavours.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hey willyZ. I registered an account with canvape but i dont see any flsvours with nicotine. Do they just sell e juice with no nic?
Try logging out and clearing cookies and log back in. If that doesn't work contact Support. Tom is on holidays things are a bit behind as he's the backbone of Canvape. They are ECF listed/ verified which means they must follow a strict code of biz ethics. Prolly the least expensive Vendor in Canada with the latest gear. Here's the ECF CV thread:
CanVape
BRB with more info.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Which set up do u recommend for joyetech ego. The ego c to my knowledge and again im really new to this, has a replaceable atomizer. Is that the one that would leak?
It comes with an atomizer and a cartridge and is very outdated. Google "eGo- C leaks" and lottsa hits. Most of us use clearomizers for holding and vaporizing the juice.
Clearomizer- a plastic, glass or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs. Heads can last anywhere from 4- 10 weeks and cost about $1.50- $2.00.

Here's a drawing that gives a general idea of a clearomizer/ clearo. This drawing is a top coil which gives warmer vape. Bottom coil (cooler vape) have the coil on the bottom.

empty.jpg

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Most began on eGo class/ style of PV/ personal vaporizer. When the spinners and twists (VV- 3.3-4.8 volts) we all moved up to those. Now we have more powerful VV/ VW PVs at reasonable prices. Right now it all depends on the size you want. Seeing as you smoke 10- 15 analogs per day a large APV may not be needed. Also realize many vapers become "collectors" and constantly upgrade to more powerful PVs. Sounds crazy but it happens to most of us so you'll also have to take that into consideration cuz maybe you could skip a step and save some $$.
Size...I use a very large PV at home but while out and about I use the smaller VV Spinner PV. Realize when I bought the Spinner there was NOT the selection available that we have today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread