Newbie from the Great White North

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW_57

Aug 21, 2016
Start simple. Get some 28 gauge kanthal and build a single coil 6-7 wraps. That should get you around 1.4 ohms which seems to be the sweet spot for Kayfuns. I've never even burned out a coil, just changed it when the resistance seemed to be climbing. A coil will likely last a couple of months. When you get some practice and feel adventurous, try some of the more complicated coils. However, you'll probably need a different tank.
Hi Maestro!

I have read that kanthal wire cant be used in TC coils. Is that wrong?

Thanks.

ChrisW_57

Aug 21, 2016
i find after every fill, if i have the option... though i doubt it would work will all, a q-tip is my friend for getting any excess and prevents spitting.
Hi Cheallaigh!

I have found that there is a considerable difference between new SS316 colis I have bought/used in my Cubis v2 tank. The one I'm on now is nearly flawless except for the first draw after filling the tank. I have gotten into the habit of just firing it into the air and it seems to help. Thanks for the q-tip tip though.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yum SS... when you rebuild if you buy the sheets of cotton look up Scotish wick technique. I didn't think it would be much different then what I was doing but WOW. If you want DTL sub ohm power or TC get 26 AWG SS probably 6 wraps 2.5mm. If you want above ohm MTL get 32 AWG. I always get spit back with micro coils, I prefer slightly higher AWG less wraps and spaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread