Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @KJW77. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Reactions: anjelvape77

KJW77

Aug 22, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum @KJW77. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.
Thanks for the info !!!

Reactions: Susan~S

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Welcome KJW77!!!! Enjoy your stay here. If you run into any problems and still find yourself reaching for a smoke, just a tid bit of information. It is not the ones you smoke that count, it is the ones you don't. Everyone is different and have different reactions with vaping. I have seen on here that some can transition easily and quickly and some that it takes a bit. I personally took 3 and a half months of dual use before quitting analogs (28 years of smoking). I wish you the best and believe that you can do it!!! Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Reactions: anjelvape77

KJW77

Aug 22, 2015
T
Welcome KJW77!!!! Enjoy your stay here. If you run into any problems and still find yourself reaching for a smoke, just a tid bit of information. It is not the ones you smoke that count, it is the ones you don't. Everyone is different and have different reactions with vaping. I have seen on here that some can transition easily and quickly and some that it takes a bit. I personally took 3 and a half months of dual use before quitting analogs (28 years of smoking). I wish you the best and believe that you can do it!!! Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
thanks for your support and advice!!!

Reactions: Ablonz

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
that's the advice I used to help my dad quit after being a PAD 45 yr smoker

Reactions: Ablonz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread