Newbie--Just got my Ego-c Twist today Loooove it!!!----heats up my Ego-C atty --

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
Does anybody know if this battery keeps the voltage you have it set at as the battery level goes down? I think I asked that right? Lol

I don't think they can to be honest. The space needed for the circuitry involved just isn't there.

I've had a couple of the non-Ego "VV" batteries where you change the voltage by pressing the switch 5 times. Though I never actually measured the dropoff, they seemed to lose vape quality as the battery charge went down. At least with the juices / setups that really needed the higher settings.

I'm sure they can hold the highest setting for some period of time. But once the battery charge gets below a certain point, I don't think it will be able to "step up" the remaining voltage available.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
I received my 1000mAh (black) from Ovale this morning--I've got lots of fiddling to do sine it's my first vv device, but right out of the box, I am loving this thing! I do wish I could see the numbers on the twisty part a bit better though, I have to let the light reflect off of it just right to see where I'm at.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA

hyperfluous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011

Attachments

• ego-c.twist.jpg
    ego-c.twist.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 20

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I was tryin to find some info on Ovale USA but they're not on the Joyetech website or on the ECF forum...

I'm nervous about ordering from them, because i've been ripped off with Joye products in the past.

Do you guys know about this vendor?

Something I ran across last night here somewhere on the Forum I have no way to confirm, is that "Ovale USA" is the US corporate incarnation of "Joye". Personally I will doubt this true until I see it confirmed, and as I'm no Joye fan it doesn't matter much to me. Thought I'd toss this (possibly useless) info out here though for anyone who's looking for a tree to bark up along these lines. :D

Best of luck, & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I received my 1000mAh (black) from Ovale this morning--I've got lots of fiddling to do sine it's my first vv device, but right out of the box, I am loving this thing! I do wish I could see the numbers on the twisty part a bit better though, I have to let the light reflect off of it just right to see where I'm at.

I remember an old trick used on wrenching sockets was to go over the engraving with White- out, then wipe off excess. I don't know if the engraving is deep enuf on these to try that tho. Or white nail polish.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    So my understanding is that this model has the 5-click lock feature as well as...
    --Short circuit protection
    --Low voltage protection
    --Battery cutoff after 10 seconds

Does anyone know if can be used/charged as a passthru?

Unfortunately, no. As a PT user, I was going to get the new ego-c UPGRADE since it can't. It has all the new safety features, plus it has a selective non-regulated feature which allows it to run at 4.2, which is where alot of folks end up running a VV anyway and a nice move up from my Joye 3.4v.

Kyi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Ooo, I wanna hear more about it! Just found out about this product after I started to gain a slight interest in VV vaping, and this is the perfect price range and style for me! I think it would be too awkward to carry around one of those larger PVs, and I really don't want to spend a fortune, since I already have with all the random stuff I've gotten throughout my upgrade process.

How big is the battery life difference for the 650 vs the 1000mAh? The price difference is only $4 but the 1000mAh one is a bit longer too. Can't decide if I want stainless steel or pink... already have a black eGo and red kGo.

A couple of vendors atm aren't carrying them. I guess Cignot would be the place to go?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread