Newbie - tank spitting liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxford17

Oct 7, 2017
Hey,
I've recently got a smok alien 220w, in my attempt to quit smoking. It's worked best out of all the things I've tried, so I definitely want to keep vaping. However, my Alien is spitting liquid at me almost every time I take a puff. It's not enough to put me off, but it's not pleasant, and I'd like to fix it if I can.
Any help would be really appreciated :)

Reactions: stols001

Massa Creto

Aug 19, 2017
Hey,
I've recently got a Smok Alien 220w, in my attempt to quit smoking. It's worked best out of all the things I've tried, so I definitely want to keep vaping. However, my Alien is spitting liquid at me almost every time I take a puff. It's not enough to put me off, but it's not pleasant, and I'd like to fix it if I can.
check your wattage, coils, etc... my experience with spitting atomizers is due wrong wattage settings... also... don't overfill the tank...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes spitting is often caused by overfilling (you can also blow out of the air holes if it's bottom airflow and that may fix the problem, use a napkin or paper towel to catch the excess liquid.) You also might not have your atomizer screwed in tightly enough. Spitting *can* be caused by overheated e--liquid so you may want to look at your wattage and airflow settings too, to see if that helps the problem.. Has it happened with more than one coil? If not, it's possible changing a coil might help, but I would try the remedies above (including above my post) first.

I'm glad you are liking your smokalien and finding it helpful, hope you get it worked out.

Anna

Reactions: LarryPer

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey,
I've recently got a Smok Alien 220w, in my attempt to quit smoking. It's worked best out of all the things I've tried, so I definitely want to keep vaping. However, my Alien is spitting liquid at me almost every time I take a puff. It's not enough to put me off, but it's not pleasant, and I'd like to fix it if I can.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below can help with spit back problems.
Might like to read:
Always wondered what causes crackling/popping during vaping
How is sub-ohm vaping dangerous?
Guide For New Vapers
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread