Newbie Thread !!! ONLY POST HELPFUL STUFF PLEASE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
My husband started vaping with me a year and a half ago, but he's given up and gone back to full time smoking :( I still smoke a few a day too but it's far better than the 3pad habit I had! After 38 years of smoking, I never thought I'd even cut down!

I'm sorry to hear that your husband started smoking again. It's great to hear that you have managed to hold the urge at bay (for the most part at least). 3 pad is serious business and I'm sure your health improvements speak wonders.

Hopefully, I can convince my wife to stop altogether. For now I'll just keep her batteries charged and her carto's full while hoping for the best.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
LOL..... thank you very much. And here I was thinking that I was the lucky one.

Good news: we are both completely analog free and I just got the shipping notice for a 2nd buzz pro. So, now we both have one!

Ian that is wonderful news! Congratz to you and especially to your wife!!

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
This info is posted elsewhere in the notcigs forum but it's so brilliant that I thought it deserved a mention in the newbies tips thread. If you have the 510 threads get yourself some sealed 510 to 510 shortie adapters. They will not only save your threads but will keep any stray juice from seeping into your device. They also eliminate the need to clean all those nooks and crannies around the top screw and washer.

Last edited:

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
This info is posted elsewhere in the notcigs forum but it's so brilliant that I thought it deserved a mention in the newbies tips thread. If you have the 50 threads get yourself some sealed 510 to 510 shortie adapters. They will not only save your threads but will keep any stray juice from seeping into your device. They also eliminate the need to clean all those nooks and crannies around the top screw and washer.

You are so correct! 98% of the problems people are having with their APV's could be avoided with one of those. Should be standard issue for the units that don't have a sealed battery.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
& if you can only find unsealed adapters, you can seal them yourself, with jb weld.
Masking tape on the bottom side of the connector, poke a hole with a tack or nail into the center hole, pack a bit of jb weld in, remove tape, let dry overnight. It just takes a tiny amount, you don't want it coming out the atty end.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
No worries! I could still use a sealed 510 to 510 and then stack my stealth 510 to 801 on top ;)

You found a good deal and I'm glad you posted it!! Here's my new drip tip, it was harder to find one for my root beer than I expected.

rootbeerBP003-1.jpg

Last edited:

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
This info is posted elsewhere in the notcigs forum but it's so brilliant that I thought it deserved a mention in the newbies tips thread. If you have the 510 threads get yourself some sealed 510 to 510 shortie adapters. They will not only save your threads but will keep any stray juice from seeping into your device. They also eliminate the need to clean all those nooks and crannies around the top screw and washer.
Phew! I just ordered one from Empire Shields so I could use their beautiful Drip Shield. I can't wait!

No worries! I could still use a sealed 510 to 510 and then stack my stealth 510 to 801 on top ;)

You found a good deal and I'm glad you posted it!! Here's my new drip tip, it was harder to find one for my root beer than I expected.

rootbeerBP003-1.jpg
Nice looking setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread