Newbie to PIF thread....

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward - PIF' started by UntamedRose, Nov 4, 2010.

1. UntamedRose

UntamedRose PV Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hey Welcome to PIF!

Please take the time to say hey and introduce yourself here :)

This would also be a great thread to ask any quick Q's you might have about PIF...like "whats DNC mean?"

Happy Vaping :vapor:

Please be sure to read the Pif group rules as well as the rules and guidelines for each thread - which are posted in the first post of that particular thread. :)

2. the_larch

the_larch Super Member ECF Veteran

Hi! Not really new here (per se) but just to get the ball rolling:

My name is Peter and I'm a part-time college student in Western Massachusetts. I love this group and look forward to 'meeting' all of the new faces here!

Sidenote: This thread should definitely be stickied...

3. Mathew R Taylor

Mathew R Taylor Super Member ECF Veteran

So I'm newish as well; my name is Mathew and I am a PIFer (or on the road to being one). I'm a professional geek in Charlotte, NC and I love PIFing for the chance to take a risk on a new flavor that I may never have thought to buy. My goal?!? Try every flavor :D

As to questions, who thought of this for ECF, because I really want to thank them :)?

Mathew

4. lynleestar

lynleestar Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

well, I've been here a couple months and I'm still unsure......is it does not change or does not count?

5. UntamedRose

Supporting member
    lol it's does not count.

As far as who created this, I believe it was Whataclumsygirl who started the original thread in the classifieds.

6. MiztrezzLyn

MiztrezzLyn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Well I am new! :)

My very first PIF went out in the mail today! $$

I am excited! Everyone seems so nice, I want to be a part of that. It seems like a lot of fun!

7. charmed412

charmed412 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I guess I am new. I haven't participated yet but I have been lurking in here for about 3 weeks. You guys are fun!
    I'm Cat. I am 43. Mom to 4 and grandma to almost 7 (new granddaughter due in one week). I used to be a nurse but now I provide daycare for 2 (soon 3) of my grandkids.

8. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Way to go Clumsy! :)

I am not new but I did enjoy PIFing before the rules changed that prevent me from doing it. There are some really good people here that like to help each other out. Seldom found in the nowadays.

I was active in PIF until I became a Supplier Associate. I help a supplier out with their subforum here now. PIF is a great place to get help when needed, help others when you are able and try all sorts of new things without going broke in the process.

9. Sdh

Sdh ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Hello My name is Sandra and I just signed up for PIF. I didn't know too much on what it was designed for until I seen a thread for emergency needs=so I helped out. I am a nurse. I have been smoking since I was 14. I started vaping back in July.However, I think it takes a few months to really know what one is doing.(I still have my doubts related to my ability!) I still smoke 2 analogs daily.
    Now a question?

If one post a trade and someone pms them=do they have to accept the offer when its not exactly what they wanted. I just don't want to upset anyone. I know a proper response is needed by pm'ing the poster. However, I just want to be polite. However, I don't want a juice I can't vape.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks for your input.

10. UntamedRose

Supporting member
    A trade is a trade...your free to turn them down or inquire if perhaps they have something different. In the swaps thread nothing requires you to do "biz" with the first person to pm you. Just be polite it will be alright.
    (doesnt include treasure chest offers or PIF's...just trades/swaps. No PMing and negotiating with those)

11. Mathew R Taylor

Mathew R Taylor Super Member ECF Veteran

Also Sdh - I will take juices I can't vape (though I will try them, you never know), and in turn use them in my next PIF. That way someone else that has different tastes than I do can experience them. As I always say - You'll never have a new favorite, if you don't try something new ;)

12. Sdh

Sdh ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Good to know! Oh but I do have a few that are on my never to vape list? Its kind of knowing you would never want to vape tuna, pizza or chicken livers! (Examples but I have certain flavors I detest).

13. REDDOG1

REDDOG1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

lol, i had a Ms. T's pizza juice from a PIF. never got past the smell, never tried it....anyway
    i'm john from kentucky. 43 smoked for 30 years...vaping 2 months and love it...
    and love all you guys even more,,,,even if i'm not PIFing, just seeing you guys reach out and help one another realy brings joy to my day,,, wish the rest of the world was more like this !!!!!!!!!

14. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Great Thread,Thanks Rose!!

15. Trish342

Trish342 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I am kinda new...My name is Trish.. I live in Texas. I am a mom of four and a Nana of one grandson. Love this place!

16. BiancaMontgomery

BiancaMontgomery SQUIRREL! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    And this place loves you back Trish. :)

Love this thread!!

17. pkj

pkj Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am Paula. Live in Arizona City, AZ.
    I have done two PIF's and it was a lot of fun.
    It's nice to meet all of you.

18. Fopa

Fopa Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been watching the PIF thread and everything happens so fast I'll just have to jump right in after I get some things together to PIF back!

19. r3dgh0s7

r3dgh0s7 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hello newbies, I am like a ninja, and i enjoy the comedic facepalm. welcome to all.

20. tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    great thread, rose, and i agree we should twist toni's arm and make it a sticky!

i like to stop by here and occasionally participate. can't do much since i only vape ecopure [allergies] but was able to help out a few times

glad you all are having fun!