Newbie w/ Joint Pain Already...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

Apr 18, 2016
Hello all,

Been following the forum for about as long as I have been vaping, about a month now. First while researching tanks and batteries, etc. And then about a month ago, a week after I started vaping (giving up analogs altogether), researching this joint pain..!! Woke up about 5 days after starting vaping with the joints in the fingers and wrist of the hand that I use to vape with. Not using anything too complicated at the time, just a Vision Spinner II with a Kanger ProTank II, while vaping ECBlendsFlavors Dragon Series e-juice. Actiually in the very beginning, when I got my set up and for about the first week, I was using a Max VG blend from my local head shop, where I got my set up. I was getting ALOT of dry hits, so I thought that the joint pain was related to the apparent smoking of the cotton. But after starting with the ECBlends, I came to surmise that it must just be something else in the vaping. My inquiries to the other 3 vapers I know...they have severe joint pain, gout, or arthritis too..?? WTH..??

Read some threads recommending lots of water, due to dehydration. Seems to help a little. Ended up getting a TopBox and different juice from VistaVapors, thinking that a different recipe might yield different, or hopefully No side effects. By now, the pains come and go, depending on my Motrin and Advil dosage, aprox. 4/daily. Pains moves around to elbows, shoulders, feet, and knees. I feel like a zombie walking around...AARRReerrrrrEERRrr..!!

But after a couple of days of the new Juice it seems to not be curing the problem yet. Ordered some organic 100% VG flavors with 0mg nicotine from VirginVapor to see if maybe the nicotine was the culprit and to try to start weaning myself off. Thinking maybe I should have went ahead and goitten some 3mg to see if it is a reaction to the PG. May order that tonight, just to see.

Scary thing is that physically I feel so much better after quitting smoking, other than the joint pain, and I really don't want to give up and go back to Marlboros..!! So I would really like to find a reasonable solution so that I can keep vaping, except the 4 Motrin everyday..!! :)

Any ideas, recommendations, or solutions..??
Thanks in advance..!!
AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Apr 18, 2016
Any swelling..? Fingers...ankles..?
Obvious swelling in my fingers, yes. I can not get my wedding ring off. No noticeable swelling in my ankles or knees, or elbows when they flare up. No visible redness or warmth either.

Pain has been steady everyday, except a couple days after I got a prescription for an oral steroid and antibiotics for an ear infection. Pain disappeared for a week while I was on the steroid scrip and came right back a couple of days after scrip was finished. Been constant every day. Also had a break from the pain for a couple of days while I thought I was coming down with a cold, didn't vape during that time, seemed to come back the day after I started vaping again...??

Got my shipment of Virgin Vapor in the mail yesterday. Amazing Flavor..!! Rinsed my tank and atty and got the Strawberry loaded. Hit on it steadily late in the evening (15-20 times). Short hits, 3-5 second draws, with nickle coil. Woke up about 3 hours later with my pains in my hands and left shoulder, the shoulder of the hand I use to vape. All this is with no previous joint pain and no other excessive activities to bring about added stress to the joints. Wonder if it could be something with the battery, possible radiation risks, or the coils or even the cotton. I know it is a reaction to something having to do with the vaping....but what..??

Just down right frustrating, guess I will just have to see how things progress with the change in juice.

AnthonyC

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Are they middle aged or older?

:blink:

Some are allergic to nickel, you could try non nickel coils

That's what I was thinking as well, maybe try some Kanthal coils instead of the nickle. I've never heard of vaping causing this before, but that doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: Woofer

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
...Woke up about 5 days after starting vaping with the joints in the fingers and wrist of the hand that I use to vape with.
AnthonyC

...Wonder if it could be something with the battery, possible radiation risks...
AnthonyC

While I have some pains in my vaping wrist, I also have some in my opposite ankle. I suspect matters other than the battery & radiation.

Coree

May 29, 2016
Hello all,

Been following the forum for about as long as I have been vaping, about a month now. First while researching tanks and batteries, etc. And then about a month ago, a week after I started vaping (giving up analogs altogether), researching this joint pain..!! Woke up about 5 days after starting vaping with the joints in the fingers and wrist of the hand that I use to vape with. Not using anything too complicated at the time, just a Vision Spinner II with a Kanger ProTank II, while vaping ECBlendsFlavors Dragon Series e-juice. Actiually in the very beginning, when I got my set up and for about the first week, I was using a Max VG blend from my local head shop, where I got my set up. I was getting ALOT of dry hits, so I thought that the joint pain was related to the apparent smoking of the cotton. But after starting with the ECBlends, I came to surmise that it must just be something else in the vaping. My inquiries to the other 3 vapers I know...they have severe joint pain, gout, or arthritis too..?? WTH..??

Read some threads recommending lots of water, due to dehydration. Seems to help a little. Ended up getting a TopBox and different juice from VistaVapors, thinking that a different recipe might yield different, or hopefully No side effects. By now, the pains come and go, depending on my Motrin and Advil dosage, aprox. 4/daily. Pains moves around to elbows, shoulders, feet, and knees. I feel like a zombie walking around...AARRReerrrrrEERRrr..!!

But after a couple of days of the new Juice it seems to not be curing the problem yet. Ordered some organic 100% VG flavors with 0mg nicotine from VirginVapor to see if maybe the nicotine was the culprit and to try to start weaning myself off. Thinking maybe I should have went ahead and goitten some 3mg to see if it is a reaction to the PG. May order that tonight, just to see.

Scary thing is that physically I feel so much better after quitting smoking, other than the joint pain, and I really don't want to give up and go back to Marlboros..!! So I would really like to find a reasonable solution so that I can keep vaping, except the 4 Motrin everyday..!! :)

Any ideas, recommendations, or solutions..??
Thanks in advance..!!
AnthonyC

Hi Anthony, I'm also a newbie. I quit smoking and started vaping 6 weeks ago. About a week into it, my feet, ankles, and legs started swelling, and I started having joint pain in my knees. I'm loving vaping, and the health benefits I feel I've already gained from quitting smoking too, but I'm really worried that these new symptoms are due to something my body isn't agreeing with in vape. I was going to order some Vg based liquid today to see if that might be the issue, but after reading that you're having the same issues and started with vg, I'm thinking that might not be the answer. Have you found a remedy that's allowed you to continue to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread