Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I respectably disagree.

I vape 80VG and higher only and never had a problem with wicking. Not even once. Not with my Kanger Toptank nor with my EHPro Bachelor.

I'm sure there are set-ups that do have a problem with thicker juice but your generalization is inaccurate ime.

Many of the newer tanks are made with high VG use in mind , i have had major issues as well with high VG juices in a lot of tanks not made with high VG usage in mind so i know where he is coming from.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
i like people from the Netherlands so much that i married one. But there's always one.

What 18650s go boom these days? You must be the only tank user to never have had wicking issues; there are pages and pages of forum space here dedicated to just that, ranging from RTAs like the Kayfun to just about anything else you can think of - and some of these threads have been running for years.

It's plain to me that they'd all benefit from your vast experience so that certain coils and wrong settings don't lead to instant death.

T

I really don't care for that cynical undertone in your post. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you perhaps you should just refrain from posting on public forums.

Unfortunately threads about e-cigs blowing up pop up way too often on this board. In most if not all cases this is simply caused by user error and since TS doesn't seem to be too well informed about his e-cig I assumed the same might be the case with the battery it uses and figured a warning wouldn't hurt, even if it was in vain. I wouldn't want him to set his pants on fire or worse.

Apparently you don't understand the risks about improper battery use & carry so I'd like to suggest the same to you.

I too have the occasional wicking problem, of course I do. But a too high VG level never had anything to do with any of them.

As for the coils I was referring to, have you ever tried a nickel coil in wattage mode? It is well known that the fumes of melting/burning/evaporating nickel are highly toxic.

Educate yourself please Sir, so I won't have to.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Uh okay? I'm not sure what any of that means

No offense at all to @suprtrkr, and not upstaging him at all. Sometimes it is better to learn with videos. I suggest you check out @super_X_drifter here in the forum, as well as his youtube channel. He lays things out well so that everyone may learn about vaping well. You'll also want to look over some of @Mooch 's blog posts regarding battery safety. @suprtrkr has given you excellent advice here as well, understandably though some of the jargon whizzes by being new. :) Videos may offer a little better help. They can provide a friendly guide you can rewind, pause, and vape along with as you get more acquainted with vaping. Don't discount yourself for being new, we all were once. :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
No offense at all to @suprtrkr, and not upstaging him at all. Sometimes it is better to learn with videos. I suggest you check out @super_X_drifter here in the forum, as well as his youtube channel. He lays things out well so that everyone may learn about vaping well. You'll also want to look over some of @Mooch 's blog posts regarding battery safety. @suprtrkr has given you excellent advice here as well, understandably though some of the jargon whizzes by being new. :) Videos may offer a little better help. They can provide a friendly guide you can rewind, pause, and vape along with as you get more acquainted with vaping. Don't discount yourself for being new, we all were once. :)
I do, unfortunately, sometimes manage to muddy the waters rather than clear them. You have offered good advice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread