Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Te Heil. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Hi all!! Just started vaping May 2nd. I basically just started to quit smoking. Haven't touched a cigarette since. I just have a very basic Kanger Tech EVOD. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge on vaping!!
YouTube "dry burning" and rewicking your EVOD with organic cotton. Makes your coils last for ages, cotton can handle higher VG and taste better too. I purchased a $4 5 pack of cotton 4 months ago and still have almost 3 sheets left.

Reactions: Te Heil

Xatrinia

May 22, 2016
Alberta, Canada
It's good to try different nicotine contents and VG/PG ratio's to find one that suits you. I tend to go between 12-6mg of nic depending, but 3mg is too low. Finding that sweet spot can be fun, but be careful you don't give yourself nicotine poisoning. If you feel light headed, nauseous or dizzy - it's too high.

Reactions: Te Heil

Gman1980

Multiple ID Suspension
May 24, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread