Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
ive been seeing a rash of this lately, newbies are quoting posts, not saying anything, then adding a post to reply below that. Is there something on their end that they can't reply in the same post because they are new members?
I know it gets a bit annoying trying to read them as I'm always rereading the quotation looking for something they might have added in the quote, an easy mistake. But nothing, just another post directly below the quote.
Any ideas what's going on?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
ive been seeing a rash of this lately, newbies are quoting posts, not saying anything, then adding a post to reply below that. Is there something on their end that they can't reply in the same post because they are new members?
I know it gets a bit annoying trying to read them as I'm always rereading the quotation looking for something they might have added in the quote, an easy mistake. But nothing, just another post directly below the quote.
Any ideas what's going on?
I think they just don't know how the forum software works.
Another possibility, their response is in the quote? I've seen that happen a few times. They don't know they have to start their response after the [/quote]

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Here's a great example, Having major withdraw
Just saw another before I started this, but of course I can't find it now, sorry!
Just glancing through the first few pages, the person doesn't know how to use the quoting system. Several times I see she actually quoted the same post twice, quoted herself a few times also.

I think they are just a new to the forum newbie mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread