Newcomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Hiya!

I stumbled upon this forum about a week ago and finally decided to join. I've been vaping for nearly a month, now.

This is actually my second try at vaping. My first attempt was 5 years ago with cig-a-likes. To say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. So now it's just me and my eGo. My main concern is whether my poor little 1000mAh twists can really handle the low resistance coils that are prevalent, now. Sticking with 1.8 ohms and trying to focus on the lower voltages to be safe.

Still smoking but I've dropped from 5 packs a week to one. I consider that, in itself an achievement, so I'm not in any hurry to ditch the last pack. :)

Reactions: nikolai111

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
As djsvapour said... don't worry too much about it. There is a built-in safety feature on the spinners that won't let them fire the sub-ohm coils that are on the market. You'll need to step up to a higher variable wattage battery (Kanger Subox Mini, as an example) to do that.
Glad to hear that the spinners are working out better for you though... the vast majority of us also stepped from cig-a-likes to better equipment. Just don't get too caught up in having the newest thing on the market... whatever works to keep you off the cigarettes and makes you happy is good enough to vape! :)

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
@nikolai111 sub ohm is something I've thought about. I'm assuming with big cloud comes big flavor (which, along with a good nic level, is what I need) but I have no problem taking the slow and steady route to get there. I just want to make sure the trip is as safe as possible. :D

Reactions: nikolai111

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
What nic level are you at?? That has alot to do with it, I started at 24 and am now down to 6. You can do it. I lucked out on my first try after trying everything else.

12mg is my "go to", as in I try all new flavors at that level. I know that nic in vapor is absorbed differently so I've been upping the levels on some of the keepers to 18 for mornings and breaks. May go higher.

On a related note, if a flavor has a harsh throat hit, but is otherwise good, which would be better to adjust, first? PG/VG or nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread