Newish vaper, headaches & nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky Vape

Apr 28, 2015
Well I suppose I havnt spread my wings yet, as a new vaper I am trying to stick with the UK made and members of ECITA but don't know if they are really any different to anyone else, you read some bad comments about some company's and people telling to be careful who you buy from, I am just thinking along the lines if I buy from a reputable firm then they must be safe. I read the review sites and go on that. I don't find their liquids too expensive but you have to buy in bulk to get the monies off.
Thank you for your comments.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Vicky - you are being sensible, so nobody can knock that.
ECITA do not hold a magic wand over the e-cig industry. In fact, VIP were in ECITA when they got busted for having Diacetyl in the butterscotch. They are also a mafia set up, nothing to do with you or me, but to protect their members interests. Katherine Devlin is a nice lady doing a good job. Reviews are unreliable - seriously - the whole industry is as fake as a plastic 2.25 pound note from Wilkos.
JacVapour are too expensive. I was paying £6.19 for £2.49 Dekang (Chinese) to the tune of over £100.
I buy liquid for as little as even 75p per 10ml (China) and £5.40 for 30ml (UK). There are no 100% safe liquids, only companies that avoid the known substances. There is even a UK "onepoundeliquid" company. I vape their tobacco, but don't like the rest.
Price is not a guarantee of safety. Companies that run permanent discounts to people on facebook and twitter but deliberately charge everybody else more (who don't know how this all works) have a lot to answer for in e-cig industry. It's just another annoying thing.

BUT, don't get me wrong. JacVapour are not bad guys, they just like to be expensive.

Branded products are best avoided...by the end of 1 year, 2 years (whatever) of vaping, you will have handed over way more than you need.

I wasted $800 (£500) on ECITA products and was still smoking. You can see why I have no love for them.

If I think of anything else, I'll come back.

Reactions: Vicky Vape

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you all, you have been really helpful and one thing you all agree on is my nic level is too high at 18mg. Thanks to djsvapour for the information I wasn't aware of any of this.
My order has been submitted for 11mg and I will try this.
Thanks again.

11mg is a nice level, but very few companies offer it. I buy lots of 11mg, as it's a Hangsen strength.

LT e-cigs offer a variety of strengths. I was thinking about ordering some 3mg as it happens for my most powerful e-cig.

Vape Liquid

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
I don't really drink water but I drink quite a lot of tea, although funnily enough not as much tea as when I smoked. I know I should drink lots of water but would this really have an effect if I getting fluid from tea?

A few things... Definitely increase your water intake. The headaches and nausea could definitely be a sign of too much nicotine. Also, PG/VG are hygroscopic (bonds to water/moisture) so that is dehydrating, as well as the tea, if it is caffeinated, is a diuretic.

Depends on how much "a lot" of tea is - research has shown that caffeine is a diuretic but only at higher amounts Caffeine: Read About Side Effects, Addiction, and Withdrawal

Shai74

May 4, 2015
Nausea could be from too much, I get it when I chain vape :)

I read on another forum that the headaches can be from the fact that you work harder for a vape, try and relax and draw gently rather than trying to draw in too much. Apparently this causes strain on the jaw muscles and causes headaches. I was getting headaches alot until I was conscious of this. Can also be too much nicotine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread