Newsweek special edition "Vape Nation" excerpt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
I've gone to three different news stands in Pittsburgh looking for this.

So far, all three news stands told me they haven't sold Newsweek for the past several years.

Seems like Newsweek's new business model is to publish Special Editions on various topics (as the market has dropped sharply for weekly news magazines).

One of the news stands still had old copies of Newsweek's Special Edition on Ronald Reagan.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I've gone to three different news stands in Pittsburgh looking for this.

So far, all three news stands told me they haven't sold Newsweek for the past several years.

Seems like Newsweek's new business model is to publish Special Editions on various topics (as the market has dropped sharply for weekly news magazines).

One of the news stands still had old copies of Newsweek's Special Edition on Ronald Reagan.
Did they still have copies of the Special Edition on Bigfoot?

Newsweek: Bigfoot—The Science, Sightings and Search

(That one oughta give you a sense of how seriously they might be approaching this.)

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Yup. But the article might be more about vaping both. Still, that cover will undermine the image of THR for most who see it.

Exactly. I haven't thought about it much, but initially I don't see any advantage to either group in tying these special interest groups and interests together.

The PM of Canada stated that recreational use will be legal in Canada on Apr. 20 2017.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Looked at the excerpt.
Why is the fake vapor on the cover the shape of a {other stuff} leaf? :facepalm:
WHY Newsweak?

other stuff :blink:
Excellent point. I think it *is* an important part of the discussion, as @nicnik mentions, but I think that there's a big issue with how the media portrays vaping.

That image, coupled with the use of the word "vice" brings up an important discussion, but also undermines the true face of vaping as I see it.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Excellent point. I think it *is* an important part of the discussion, as @nicnik mentions, but I think that there's a big issue with how the media portrays vaping.

That image, coupled with the use of the word "vice" brings up an important discussion, but also undermines the true face of vaping as I see it.

The pressing question that Newsweek may be able to answer is does Bigfoot vape. ;) Not expecting much beyond that. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread