Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Hey guys,

I just picked up my first parallel box this morning. I've dedicated a pair of VTC4s to the box, but will need a back-up pair for when the VTC4s are charging.

I'm hoping you guys could recommend a pair based on the following:

-I'd like something that's going to last long, relative to other batteries.
-Not too pricey (less than $13 for the pair)
-I typically build no lower than .35, if even that. Normally, I build at around .4 or .5.

I'm considering the following:

-LG HE4 (currently own these, but dedicate them to my rDNA 40)
-Samsung 25R

Are there any others you would recommend? If not, which of the two would work best for me? As far as I can tell, they're pretty similar.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Illumn has a real good price on VTC4, the LG's and the 25R's and all are good batteries. $6 or less is a nice price and you get a case with every pair.

18650 Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

Thanks Marc! I didn't consider the VTCs because I haven't been able to find them? Are these guaranteed non-rewraps/authentic and new?

Is new box a mech or a high wattage regulated mod? If regulated, what wattage setting will you most likely use?

SonyVTC4 is still the best combo for high amp needs with a reasonable mah capacity.

I'll likely go with the VTC4s, assuming the ones linked above are new and not rewraps. I'll be using them with an unregulated box.

Reactions: Baditude

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
@GrandSam, Illumn is considered a very reliable supplier for VTC4's. If they are out of stock, other choices include...

Orbtronic
IMRBatteries
RTDVapor
Liionwholesale

I've purchased from all of them and have had no problems.

Thanks Mooch, I'll be ordering a set later tonight.

Reactions: Mooch

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Thanks Marc! I didn't consider the VTCs because I haven't been able to find them? Are these guaranteed non-rewraps/authentic and new?

They tell me they are when I contacted them and perform great. I would tend to believe them since their reputation is at stake and the majority of their business is batteries. I have not unwrapped any to take a look.

Reactions: GrandSam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread