Feb 15, 2009
Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I'll play the skeptic card.

Pressurized tank like Kayfuns? Why would I want that?

'Leak proof'? As "leak proof" as kayfun Lites during winter? Or actually leak proof like I set up some of my gennies to be?

Edit: Whoa that came out of the negative side. Even if it's not for me (which I don't know yet) - any new take on gennies is a good thing in my books.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
@rhunpenny...thanks for the update.

@Wattwick It has a lot of cool features...leak proof, you don't have to worry about the wick position, easy set up, 5ml capacity while being very small, easy fill etc. Like you said it is a new take on gennies....it might be a game changer....we'll see. Too bad it is being sold through Facebook.

I live in Cali....Kayfuns leak in the Winter?

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
@rhunpenny...thanks for the update.

@Wattwick It has a lot of cool features...leak proof, you don't have to worry about the wick position, easy set up, 5ml capacity while being very small, easy fill etc. Like you said it is a new take on gennies....it might be a game changer....we'll see. Too bad it is being sold through Facebook.

I live in Cali....Kayfuns leak in the Winter?

Rapid temperature changes always caused my KFL to leak, at least. May be some trick to it I don't know about. We just never got along, KFL and me.

Will certainly keep an eye out for reviews and ECF user reports. It is interesting. Think its just me being a bit grouchy today.

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I don't have direct experience with Kayfuns in the winter (though living in MN it would be a concern for me if I used them), but I'm guessing it's due to the tank being a more or less sealed system. The issue likely occurs when moving from a moderate temp environment where it was filled/setup to a very cold outside environment and back. The temp change in the tank/liquid would cause the pressure differential to change resulting in liquid flooding the coil/airway.

This isn't a concern for most genesis attys as they aren't a sealed system relying on pressure/vacuum to feed the wicks.

(Please someone correct me if I'm off base with this)

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Yep yep pressurized tanks don't work too well (for me) up here for about 4 months a year. Open a window to go to bed - dump. Go outside - dump. Go back inside - dump. May be some trick. I just can't be bothered dismantling a KFL x amount of times to figure it out.

I haven't tried a center wick... but I have wondered how well it actually works in regards of being tilt-free. Seems to me that once the tank drop to 30-35%, you would have to really tilt it? The only time I actively tilt my gennies is if I'm trying to get to those last few drops that cling to the tank. Else I make great effort making it look casually angled downwards.

(OK the last sentence was a lie. Sort of... Oh the vanity)

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I haven't tried a center wick... but I have wondered how well it actually works in regards of being tilt-free. Seems to me that once the tank drop to 30-35%, you would have to really tilt it? The only time I actively tilt my gennies is if I'm trying to get to those last few drops that cling to the tank. Else I make great effort making it look casually angled downwards.

(OK the last sentence was a lie. Sort of... Oh the vanity)

Well since the Nextgen is dependent on negative pressure for wicking, tilting would be counter productive. Imagine doing a genesis tilt with a Kayfun....it wouldn't make sense.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Curious to see how that works in practice.

I must point out something. I may come off as being sort of a Luddite and skeptical of anything new. Truth is I'm usually curious and prod a little to make sense of it. Which sometimes - like now - unfortunately comes out in a way easy to interpret as being overly negative. Sorry about that! Not my intention to bash the NextGen.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Curious to see how that works in practice.

I must point out something. I may come off as being sort of a Luddite and skeptical of anything new. Truth is I'm usually curious and prod a little to make sense of it. Which sometimes - like now - unfortunately comes out in a way easy to interpret as being overly negative. Sorry about that! Not my intention to bash the NextGen.

I am skeptical as well with any new gear. There is always something coming out that is supposed to be next best or greatest....rarely do they meet expectations But this one seems very well thought out. They seem to be covering every base. It addresses every problem that the general vaping public would have with genesis atomizers. If they get it right maybe it will be a game changer. I don't think it will be a game changer for people like you who are very experienced with gennys to begin with....but more for people who like Kayfun type devices but hate having to rewick every day.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
Pressurized tank will play hell with wicking I suspect - as in flooding.
Surface tension already pulls hard enough to leak with standard gennys, once you get the knack of it they wick like mad.
Put some pressure behind it to push a little more?
Dunno - mebbe its just having seen too many of the latest and greatest just be more of the same or worse.
Hopefully this is the next great genny.
My 3 year old (i think) DID is still my fave

Redacted

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
@Chelonian....I have two inverted genesis atties that depend on negative pressure to get liquid to the wick/coils. One is Gtank USA and the other is Aios. Both vape pretty good. Neither, ever flooded like you are suggesting but they did occasionally gurgle. Again since these are inverted gennies they work with gravity....the Nextgen I suspect wont even have the gurgling problem since it is not an inverted genny....any excess liquid on the wick will be pulled back down by gravity. But who knows lets wait and see how it turns out...I am hopeful.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
@Chelonian....I have two inverted genesis atties that depend on negative pressure to get liquid to the wick/coils. One is Gtank USA and the other is Aios. Both vape pretty good. Neither, ever flooded like you are suggesting but they did occasionally gurgle. Again since these are inverted gennies they work with gravity....the Nextgen I suspect wont even have the gurgling problem since it is not an inverted genny....any excess liquid on the wick will be pulled back down by gravity. But who knows lets wait and see how it turns out...I am hopeful.

I will to have to use a different style of wick. Something more solid.
No way a split straw would work on an inverted genny, lol

Redacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread