Status
Not open for further replies.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
The not-a-Yeahsmo Nextgen I got from GB sure needed more airflow for how I vape- and I'm nowhere near a cloud chaser. It was tight. Liked to have ruined it drilling one hole to 1/16", too. Thankfully I got away w/drilling it, and even though I'd like a little more air, it's useable as it now sits. Useable that is, if I could find a quick, easy build for it. I may well have to wait until I'm sporting a TP mod. But all-in-all I'd say the new one from FT would be a better choice for me, so thanks for the heads-up EDO!

Reactions: TrollDragon

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Cobalt...I think the only way they could improve on the Nextgen is if they add liquid flow control. But as of now have you thought about drilling out the two small holes at the base of the attie stem? It might increase the flow of the juice just enough so you can use ekowool with it. Otherwise wait for a TP mod...it will make building on the Nextgen a snap.

Reactions: cobalt327

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I find the Nextgen really dependent on how you vape it. If I have the air hole set to max and give it a strong pull, there is a bubble rising in the tank after every vape (MaxVG Juice). But if I just take light pulls on it there will be a dry hit after the second vape.

Now If I close the airflow down one step, I can easily flood the chamber with the same pull I use on the max air hole.

Reactions: cobalt327

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I've managed to resist enlarging the juice holes- although I was set to do just that for use w/mesh when I was doing the air holes. I can see it helping Ecowool over the center post to wick better, but I'm not sure just how much the Ecowool can wick in that application... Like TD mentions, there's a balance between the air holes and juice holes (as you know, too). So until I'm at the stage where the build isn't an issue, I'm going to leave the juice holes as-is. Of course this may well change after I'm set up w/TP.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I was thinking about this.....doesn't Ecowool wick faster than SS mesh? I mean SS mesh seems to wick pretty good in most gennies but that's because most people tilt. I have used silica in many of my atties including gennies and silica wicks great. In the Nextgen I would assume that the Ecowool should work great....at least as good if not better than ss mesh.

Reactions: TrollDragon

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
@cobalt327 That makes a lot of sense.

I was vaping on my Sat22 the other day and I noticed that the vape I was getting off of it was superior to my Nextgen. Initially when I set up my Nextgen it vapes just as good as the Sat22 but after a few days the Nextgen's vape is dryer and I like a super moist/wet vape. I decided since I have two Nextgens and the one from FT is super cheap ($13)....I can experiment. I thought by making the juice holes bigger it will do the trick. I used my center punch to enlarge the holes gradually. Just using my hand (no hammer or drill invovled) I made the holes about 20% bigger on each side. It took one minute to do. Now the Nextgen vapes just as good the sat22.

The liquid flow holes can not accommodate every vaper out there. I drilled out my air hole on my first Nextgen and the FT Nexgen has huge airflow to begin with. If you are using the largest airflow with Heavy VG juice like me then you would have to enlarge liquid flow at the base of the atty for it vape optimally.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I was thinking about this.....doesn't Ecowool wick faster than SS mesh? I mean SS mesh seems to wick pretty good in most gennies but that's because most people tilt.

Pardon me, but if your genny is set up right you never need to tilt. I use nothing but mesh in gennies, and I never have to tilt. I can vape on them completely vertical and they work beautifully. Tilting is for those who can't build a genny or roll a mesh wick right.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I do know about that, and I think the tilting thing really amounts to nothing more than a cultural affectation. PBusardo knows about it too:

Have to tilt it? No, not if you have it set up right....

I never have to tilt any of my gennies. Those who do don't know how to build them right. I use nothing but gennies with nothing but mesh and kanthal in them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Steenberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread