hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Drew, see what you've done. You made me, as cos would say, " come out of my hole".

I have a question. So you said you could use an 18650 or 18500. Will this eliminate the need for stacking batteries to get the higher volts/watts that we wanted from vaping 6v in a regular tube mod or xhaler?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    I like the idea of giving a GGTS a Kick up the backside... :)

I haven't gotten into GGs yet, but I did consider them and would love to eventually have one. With the Kick coming out, I want one even more :p Sadly, it'll be a long time before I can afford one, my PV purchases have necessarily come to a halt . . .

hifistud

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2009
    Sunderland, UK
    Drew, see what you've done. You made me, as cos would say, " come out of my hole".

I have a question. So you said you could use an 18650 or 18500. Will this eliminate the need for stacking batteries to get the higher volts/watts that we wanted from vaping 6v in a regular tube mod or xhaler?

Indeed it does.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    Thanks Drew. I guess what I meant to ask is if it would give as good of a performance with a single 3.7v battery as I get with 6v in my xhaler?

What he ^^^^ said and also, it will give some additional options that are really cool. Thanks
    Hit...Always good to see you out of your hole:)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Once again thank you Drew. I've been using the xl 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos at 6v and loving them. I was just wondering if there was any advantage for me to go with a kick and upgrade my old xhaler. I still have the same one from the inital release. I did upgrade the button but it's still the same tube and caps.

fright88

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Once again thank you Drew. I've been using the xl 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos at 6v and loving them. I was just wondering if there was any advantage for me to go with a kick and upgrade my old xhaler. I still have the same one from the inital release. I did upgrade the button but it's still the same tube and caps.

That is what I vape in my GGTS however if I am doing this right according to the ohms law calculator that is 24 watts and I don't think the kick will go that high. If it will do 12-13 I will be happy though.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com

Hey Hitt,
    You will need to upgrade your tube for the kick...I have been vaping 6 volts with the Dual Coils just a couple days and the kick acts diferently....The dual coils really perform more like 3 Ohm cartos than they do 1.5 because they have 2 dual coils at 1.5 Ohm in parallel.

That is what I vape in my GGTS however if I am doing this right according to the ohms law calculator that is 24 watts and I don't think the kick will go that high. If it will do 12-13 I will be happy though.
    Just got a GGTS in the mail and WOW....This things got more attachments than a the old rainbow vacuum cleaners!!! I am vaping a 1.5 Dual Coil with 6 volts in the UFS and it hits hard...I went through a partially charged set of batts in around 30 hits!!! If anyone sneaks up on me when Im vaping this thing, they are DONE...Im pretty sure I could deflect bullets with it...I cant really see myself going out of the house with this thing though, as it is really big and heavy.
    Im not sure the math is being honest to us....The DCs really dont fit into the equation if because of the set up....

The next couple weeks are going to be very interesting.

It sure is!!!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2009
    Virginia
    Hey Hitt,
    Just got a GGTS in the mail and WOW....This things got more attachments than a the old rainbow vacuum cleaners!!! I am vaping a 1.5 Dual Coil with 6 volts in the UFS and it hits hard...I went through a partially charged set of batts in around 30 hits!!! If anyone sneaks up on me when Im vaping this thing, they are DONE...Im pretty sure I could deflect bullets with it...I cant really see myself going out of the house with this thing though, as it is really big and heavy.

Try dropping in an 18350 and a LR510 in that UFS. Size is perfect...Vape is awesome. Or an 18490 and the Kick...

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Drew, I kind of figured the math was a little different since there are two coils. I haven't tried the GG. I have been perfectly happy with my xhaler. If I decided to upgrade, would it be better to wait until you come out with the kick xhaler or should I just do the regular upgrade and get the kick later? Also, I think that the dual coils actually have two three ohm coils which makes them measure out at 1.5. I honestly don't know for sure how to calculate the watts with the dual coils. I guess you could figure it like two individual loads with one power source as long as they were loading identically. If I find out, I'll let you know.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread