Status
Not open for further replies.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Can't really begin to guide you as your post lacks much relevant detail. Probably not many will be able to assist you for the same reasons. I do not know which batteries you are using (you state model numbers but not brand/versions). You mention the black 16340s and those are not IMR. 16340 is not a recommended battery. Kick instructions clearly state IMR ONLY. If using a single IMR 16340, those have only 550 amps and kick boosts which uses more amps so they certainly will drain faster on such a small battery. If you are stacking the batts, they are not supposed to be stacked. You are trying it in a device that is not a tested or verified device on the Evolv website kick page and that means you are using it out of spec. You are also jerry-rigging wires and that is also out of spec. So, from what little detail you do provide, you have voided your warranty by using the incorrect batteries, using it in non-tested/verified devices and jerry-rigging wires.

I'd suggest you read the instructions page on the kick website here: The Kick – Instructions « Evolv

Hope this is somehow helpful.

FWIW - over in the GG subforum there is a big thread on various configurations people are using the kick in GGs. You might spend some time reading thru that thread to learn how to get the best results in your GG.

Last edited:

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Thanks for the tip I don't exactly know how telling me that I have voided my warranty will help me solve the V-mod problem but I'll figure it out. Edited previous post and transferred to appropriate section.
Tony, I did not mean to sound critical. However, I have been close to the Kick development and testing process from the beginning. You would be amazed how many use the kick out of spec and then seem to think Evolv should be replacing the kicks these people are damaging - simply because they do not read the instructions. The kick comes with a band across it in the jewel-case. That band has clearly printed on it to go to the web page for the instructions. Many people ignore those instructions, damage the kicks and then expect replacements from Evolv.

Perhaps I was a bit overly direct with you and for that I apologize. But when the kick page says "USE ONLY IMR BATTERIES" about ten times on the page - including right at the top of the page - and someone posts how they are using a non-IMR batts, jerry-rigging wires to an electronics component, using non-approved devices and concludes:
SO what am I missing???:confused::confused::confused:
well... :blink:

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
hey guys, i was using my kick last night, and it didnt seem to be working properly, its brand new, first time out of the box, and it seems to be pulsing, like fires a scond then off then fires a second then off. i am using it with 2000 mah aw imr 18650 and i tried it in two different mods, i took it out, cleaned all the connections in my mods and the kick, and retried it, two different batteries (same type though) and made sure they were fully charged and everything. i was using it with my ody around a 2 ohm coil. and also tried a carto tank that has a 2 ohm boge carto in it.

any ideas?

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
hey guys, i was using my kick last night, and it didnt seem to be working properly, its brand new, first time out of the box, and it seems to be pulsing, like fires a scond then off then fires a second then off. i am using it with 2000 mah aw imr 18650 and i tried it in two different mods, i took it out, cleaned all the connections in my mods and the kick, and retried it, two different batteries (same type though) and made sure they were fully charged and everything. i was using it with my ody around a 2 ohm coil. and also tried a carto tank that has a 2 ohm boge carto in it.

any ideas?

Hi ime,

in what mods have you tried it in?

The same happens to me when trying to use the Kick in the Megalodon (stainless steel version), I read a post on UK vapers forum of a guy having exactly the same problem with the Megalodon (ss), the Kick works fine only when the battery is fully charged, however, I'm pretty sure it is not a Kick problem but maybe a switch design / conductivity problem, for what I have read that problem doesn't present when using the Kick on the aluminum Megalodon (which has a brass button). Of course I have cleaned all the Megalodon parts (including button disassembly), the Kick spring is making good contact with inner tube of Don, I'm usign AWM IMR batteries, etc.

The Kick works perfectly in my GGTSs.

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
the main mod i was using was GP Paps, the other was an alum ggts rev 2
the paps is stainless steel with a brass button on the bottom, so i know the contact is good

I was having a similar prob last night, turns out a thin layer of nolox (not sure if that's how you spell that) got inside the tube of my SB. I assume it got there from the connection on the kick. Cleaned the tube and the tip of the kick spring with alcohol and I'm back in biz.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Well after many months of faithful service my Ghetto Bolt finally bit the dust. While my 5 Kicks happily chew up 18500's in the P+18, SB and Roughstack I liked the ghetto bolt for the ability to throw a Panasonic 18650 at a Kick. So I finally bit the bullet and ordered up a bead blasted kick style x-haler. I also grabbed another Bolt. The dead one (most likely the switch since the POS ultra thin wire is in tact) will be relegated to the "I might work on that someday" pile.

I also could not help myself and adding a reactor tank, extra reactor atty and tube, some adapters and another Panasonic batt. Damn I was doing so good too and have not had a package at my house for three weeks. Hey Drew has the order shipped yet????? :)

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Pretty sure bombshell has an internal diameter wider then Evolv's max limitation of 19.5mm. Anything larger can allow the kick to move around and cause connection problems. Shimming is not a good idea either as it can leave the kick at an angle instead of straight vertical. Personally, I'd stick to the specs/devices as outlined on Evolv's website kick page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread